Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On line Ticket Vendors

Greetings All,
    Wow!! What a weekend in St Louis! So much information to review. With that, I am sorting through all the vendors that offer online ticketing services. I would love some feedback from anyone that has recommendations; understanding fully that [yours] and [mine] needs may be different, but recommendations are a great starting point. Any feedback would be appreciated!

It's a sorta simple process.

Set them all side by side
    Take out all the bells and whistles.
    What do you need to make them work first.
    How much per ticket are they taking? Are you gonna pass that fee onto the customer?
    If you have a tie THEN add on their bells and whistles.
    MOST OF ALL don't be afraid to counter their pricing. Most any service product has quite a bit of wiggle room and if they say no they all it cost was your time on the phone. Though be reasonable with a counter.

I'm not looking to pay much more then $1 on a $20 ticket transaction and would prefer a set fee no matter how many tickets I sell.

Comment

Ticket Vendors

Haunted Paws,
      Thank you for the reply and the information. After reviewing all the information such as fees, bells and whistles etc, I still feel I need feedback on matters that are much deeper. Dependability of equipment, customer service (are they available on Fri and Sat nights?), online/phone support etc are things I am looking for. I don't mind paying a little more in fees if I have piece of mind knowing that I can count on them in the event I hit a snag on a busy night. Thanks

Comment

I knew this thread was coming...

I am doing the same. Got all my prop supply and prop stuff filed away and looking at online ticket sellers. The suggestion of "countering" fee price...already planning on that. BUT...as part of the counter offer will be supporting info showing I am very likely a good prospect and I will generate numbers for them. Two ticket sellers may actually get a big envelope from me containing a thourough summary of just who I am and what my attraction is, past marketing, and 2012 marketing plan so they see there is a very good chance of getting volume sales. Ok; so I overkill; with info that is what I do.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

Originally posted by HauntedPaws View Post
          It's a sorta simple process.

Though be reasonable with a counter.

I'm not looking to pay much more then $1 on a $20 ticket transaction and would prefer a set fee no matter how many tickets I sell.
          My thoughts exactly. I have $6, $10, and $15 tickets.

Comment

One word... TicketLeap. Been working with them for a bit now and Lee George is a great rep that's easy to work with! TicketLeap is a great company and really is a forward thinking company with it approach to ticket sales and support! Check them out here!
            News and event coverage from directly inside the Haunt Industry - http://www.hauntersdigest.com
            Get a Website and/or Mobile App for Your Attraction - http://www.charlesterry.com

Comment

I will always recommend TicketLeap, why it's one of the only things while running my haunt that I don't need to think twice about. When it's time for setup I tell them I need A, B and C and it's done. Plus after using them for 4 years i've yet to have one problem with there system. And customer service is always on top of it for any questions I have.

Robert

Comment

Ticket Leap is the most expensive. Interactive Ticketing is who we use they have great customer service, they love the haunt industry, and they are cheaper per ticket plus I love the fact that you get all the money direct deposit through your own CC company. Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President
                www.HalloweenProductions.com
                www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

We will be switching to interactive this year. We used Click n print for the last several years with many problems. After using interactives service for the TW haunt tour we like the way it operates and they are a great bunch of guys to do business with.
                  Greg Allen
                  scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
                  www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

I just got an email from Ticket Leap saying their prices are now matching Interactive Ticketing. I simply remember them pitching me and they were the MOST expensive of all the ticketing companies I talked to... I guess everyone is going to drop their price to match Interactive Ticketing or lose all the business. So as the prices all come down to the same number, it will boil down to whom you like doing business with the most, or who offers you the most ice cream and cake. In other words bells and whistles, free stuff or whatever.

Selling tickets at a haunt online will be a huge money maker for some companies who offer the service. Tickets online for haunts can go no where but NORTH from this point forward, it is an industry that is going to grow and grow over the next 5 years... that is why you are seeing all these Johnny Come Lately companies.

Selling tickets online will get more competitive over the next few years... take advantage of the best prices with the companies who offer you the most incentive to use their company. Right now I'm still with Interactive Ticketing because they've been there since day one for us and are always there to help us around every corner.

But and yes a but they must like all the companies upgrade their systems to offer my business more tools. They all need more tools and what they really need to do is talk to haunt owners who can offer the suggestions to make their systems more kind to a haunts business.

Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President
                    www.HalloweenProductions.com
                    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

On Line Tix

Thanks for all the feedback. MovieRelics and Terror Night, my employee just hung up the phone with Ticket Leap, and while they seem to be highly recommended and many great features (plus being recognized at the HAA banquet, they DO NOT offer timed ticketing. This feature is a must for us. Larry, you are 100%+ correct when you stated that the online tix will continue to grow; we have seen our sales escalate in just three years. With that, TIMED TICKETING is the only way to go for us. Last year we started timed ticketing and pushed it heavy in all our marketing. We don't offer any discount pricing for buying online and we pass the fees onto the customer; online sales doubled in 2011. My goal is to re-educate all my customers and keep this as my focal point in advertising. EVERYONE that bought it, loved it. Buy a ticket for 8:00 pm, for example, show up and walk in. We are a high volume attraction, mind you, so on a 3,000+ person night, those that ordered online had no regrets! And some customers went paperless; just show us their smartphone and we scan it in. While some of the vendors at TransWorld are [planning] on adding this feature in the future, I will NOT take a chance with a new venture that has no track record within a company...no matter how good they are. The last thing I need is to be shut down on a Fri/Sat night with a line of people holding timed ticketing. And in case you're wondering, I like the company we are with; just never hurts to shop around

For me, there is no looking back. Look around you...movie theaters, hockey games, concerts etc etc etc. On line sales and now timed ticketing!

Comment

We use Ticket Leap after switching over from another company a few years ago. Couldn't be happier.
                        Like a midget at a urinal, you gotta be on your toes

http://www.wellstownshiphauntedhouse.com

Comment

Working...
                        X