Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What or Who showed the best NEW products this year at TW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What or Who showed the best NEW products this year at TW?

Typically by now, there is a "best of" Transworld. I apologize if I missed it in the listing.

I did....

I perfected invisibility. I registered myself and one of my crew..but brought a second one. NOBODY detected him all weekend. Which proves it was the best.

Seriously...that vague a question can not be answered.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

Well, the prop that blew me away the most was...

The Necromancer from Scarefactory. I know it was new in 2011, but MAN that thing is impressive in real life!
      www.mournfulmanor.com

"I'm talking about romance in the sense of epic heroes, tragedy, forever friends who die for one another, quests, wars and star-crossed lovers. Romance found in dark fairy tales and the histories of martyred saints. Romance expressed through murder, cannibalism, ressurrections, and hauntings, through ancient tales of chivalry, sacrifice and betrayal."

Comment

Too bad it will only last a week at an attraction...

Comment

From what I heard SF has fixed some quality issues?

Comment

Great for them.. But hiring someone in the industry to help with their PR campaign doesnt cut it for shit they have been putting out over the last 5 to 10 years..
            Things that are made to go up and down shouldn't move side to side..
            Last year if you'd gone behind the magic curtain you would see all of the stuff being welded and repaired that broke after only a few minutes on the show floor..
            They had the same problem this year.. I think my friend you have been drinking the happy punch!
            Cool looking stuff but don't keep feeding the animal.. It may bite you one day!!

Comment

it just sounds to me, after years of reading anti-sf posts, that the only way they'll ever learn anything is if their sales drop off significantly. as long as they're still considered the top in the industry, despite their consistent quality issues, they're just going to keep delivering more of the same... maybe new cool-looking designs, but the same flawed engineering underneath. They need one year, just one, of next-to-no sales. tell me the 50+ people they have on staff wouldn't be panicking to fix the issues then.
              -Mat

Comment

Originally posted by icarian View Post
                it just sounds to me, after years of reading anti-sf posts, that the only way they'll ever learn anything is if their sales drop off significantly. as long as they're still considered the top in the industry, despite their consistent quality issues, they're just going to keep delivering more of the same... maybe new cool-looking designs, but the same flawed engineering underneath. They need one year, just one, of next-to-no sales. tell me the 50+ people they have on staff wouldn't be panicking to fix the issues then.
                I agree.. I think there are alot of newbies that just dont know and some old farts hoping those cool looking things might just last..Never happen..
                Things that aren't meant to move that way just won't.. If you bought from them great.. Have your guy (handy man) ready or on stand by to fix, repair, or scrap that beautiful piece you just blew your budget on...

Comment

I think the point of the thread was missed... it was who had the best overall new stuff at Transworld.

Here is my list from what limited stuff I saw.

Scarefactory, Pale Night, Dark Raven, but there was also a lot of other companies that did some awesome things like Dead House, Gore Galore, and many others. I like a few things from Poison Props cool stuff, Ghost Rides dead stuff was awesome. I'm going to go through all of my photos and come up with a complete list of my favorite stuff.

Its hard for me because I have to factor in what Unit 70 made new for us like the Scorpion, Clownzilla, Roachzilla, and those Monkeys.

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President
                  www.HalloweenProductions.com
                  www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                  www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                  www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

It may have been missed.. but the point I was trying to make is just because it looks good doesn't mean it will work well.. (Best New Products is the topic)
                    Any haunter knows in this business if it doesnt work over and over and over when that customer comes into the room or the set it sucks for everyone involved. The haunt wants to put on a great show for the paying patrons and to experiance the best scare entertainment possible.. This can't happen!! When the product fails regardless if your using it as a prop or distraction... I can't concider it a "Best Product" if it is not tried and proved...
                    I only can tell from my personal experiance..

Comment

I thought Haunt Tactics new demon suit with the stilts was outstanding. Their quality was above everyone else's that we looked at.

Comment

My vote goes for Cutting Edge Scenic Design, Dead House Designs, Global Fear Enterprises and Dark Raven. I for one am SO tired of all the props and animations we see EVERY year. I was SO happy to see more emphasis on scenic details and design/design elements. -Tyler
                        http://www.hauntdesignkit.com
                        >Download free Google SketchUp collections made just for haunt owners and designers.

Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/HauntDesignKit

Comment

I personally don't think scenic design is something that qualifies at all... we are talking products you can purchase. When we talk about Dead House they were trying sell items and showcasing those items through detail. That was great.

You want scenic design I use to build the most elaborate booths you've ever seen... and it didn't sell anything. I had millions of people lined up to take photos but no one bought anything ... I think the focus on the topic is products.

Selling scenic design is a service that can be provided. What did you see that you liked that you actually bought. I think our display of scenic design we put into our haunted house itself rather than a booth. If you came to the Darkness you already know what we can do scenically. I wonder if we should create a booth next year that blows you away... something mansion style. I'll build the ULTIMATE themed booth if someone will buy it in advance. I'll build something so freakin wild you would swear we stole it off a movie set... if someone wants that done contact me and I'll do it and after the show you can drive home with it.

Let me know.

Larry
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President
                          www.HalloweenProductions.com
                          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I wasn't impressed with the costumes at the show thought Global fear and haunt tactics didn't look as cool in person, not bad but not great either IMO. Haunt tactics are too much like Spookywoods fx but less flexible in theme all too often. Global fear's paint work was just OK.

Dead House designs, poison props, dark raven, Scarefactory and gore galore really brought it! I wanted to talk to Kip about his rust paint. Is it really as easy as brushing it on for a rust look?

Jake

Comment

Money votes/talks

Well my $ voted on Distortions Shocktronic - Shock Therapy. My customers LOVED their previous Gargoyle Shock and it has not missed a beat in the 2 years. My $ also voted on Poison's 3 head dropper (yeah it was simple...but I have a spot for it) . There is also a Poison drop portrait zombie headed my way. About Scarefactory breakage: Well I have had Scarefactory Slayer on the Pediment, Impaler, Scissor Serpeant, Tombstone Reaper, and two skelrectors. I also bought "used" a SF corpsolator and Floating Reaper. NEVER have I had a Scarefactory prop break on me. But I do a silly thing called maintanance and lubrication as well. It is a silly habit I do on my other equipment that comes in "JD Green". Thats why I have tractors form 1960's still working and my main tractor is from early 1980's. I expect some year to see SF new rig that drops props down onto people in my field.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

Working...
                              X