Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Money Back Haunt LLC. (BS scheme or good marketing?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Biggest Scam i've ever seen at Transworld and they should have been thrown out of the show. People like this give our industry a bad name with the public and on top of that, they were STUPID enough to come to the industries show and try to scam all there fellow haunters, they should be black balled out of the industry. They are just a group of ASSHOLES

Robert J Dudzieck
    All Seasons Entertainment LLC
    Fright Factory
    The Dead Zone

Comment

THESE GUYS LIED THROUGH THEIR TEETH!
      a service mark means nothing, it means you can't use their "logo" or anything really really close.
      Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

Somebody at Transworld recommended that I visit www.HauntScam.com for more information on this awesome money-making opportunity
        Last edited by Dark Attraction; 03-14-2012, 10:01 AM. Reason: Parse link
        Spinning Tunnels www.spinningtunnel.com

Comment

Originally posted by Terrorknight View Post
          The Biggest Scam i've ever seen at Transworld and they should have been thrown out of the show. People like this give our industry a bad name with the public and on top of that, they were STUPID enough to come to the industries show and try to scam all there fellow haunters, they should be black balled out of the industry. They are just a group of ASSHOLES

Robert J Dudzieck
          Fright Factory
          The Dead Zone

Come on Robert, this isn't like you. Tell us how you REALLY feel!

Good talking with you last week!

Allan

Comment

Hi everyone. I'm the owner of Money Back Haunts, LLC. I developed this idea at my own Haunted Attraction 3 years ago. I feel I'm in a witch hunt here so I'll try not to get too involved with the attacks. If you don't like the idea, that's ok, but what I do works, and it gives customers a reason to spend more money at your Haunt for entertainment, and it has people returning to my Haunted Attraction. The numbers don't lie. With the License, I'm giving Haunts the "boost" they need in Marketing Efforts and Draw. Once they're there, provide them a great experience, including your Haunt, and they'll return - the idea is quite simple, yet effective.

It's not for everyone but it's certainly not a scam. This is an idea that I've adapted and developed and yes, hold all Trademarks for my naming rights. I went to the extent of protecting myself because I know how valuable this System can be because I've seen it work at my place. If it's not for you, that's ok, but we're gonna help alot of Attractions this year. Big and Small. I understand people are skeptical, but "scam" is a little harsh and completely inaccurate.

This idea is about entertainment (we're all in the entertainment industry) and at my Haunt, people want it. Year after Year. And my numbers prove it.

I'll be happy to explain it in more detail and feel free to email me with any specific questions at Chris[MENTION=21092]MoneyBackHaunts.com[/MENTION]. But again, I'm a Haunt owner, like you, who is trying to share my successes with others around the Industry. I'm a Haunter first and am not here to "scam" anyone. I hope after more Haunts use my License this year, others will see the benefits of it, like I have seen at my own Haunt.

Comment

The guy who operated this booth/company has registered for the forums. I wasn't following or saw this thread until I got his email asking me to approve his account. As you know we don't approve many accounts to post here fearing spammers. So if you want an account you really need to email me and let me know you need your account approved. He did. I'm expecting he'll be posting his comments soon.

As for my opinion on the subject... its really no different than when this topic has been brought up in the past. Its a marketing gimmick and if it works for you great. I think the first ever concept for a money back haunts started with the urban legend of a 13 story money back haunted house that we all know never existed. In the past I've seen haunts open called Urban Legend where you can get your money back, a 13 Story haunt with a money back system, and several others over the years claiming they operated a money back haunt.

I have no clue how their concepts differed from the new system being offered at the show. I don't think its really fair to say its a 'scam' because if he's offering you a unique marketing 'gimmick' to promote your haunt then that is what it is ... a gimmick or another description marketing tool.

I don't know enough about it to say gimmick or marketing tool... but if it works it works.

I however would like to understand more about what is being offered and how it differs from other haunts who've done the same thing.

Give him a chance to explain.

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President
              www.HalloweenProductions.com
              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

haunt Guarantee

I believe if your already giving the customer what they want why should they buy into this.. My numbers don't lie either.. People keep coming back year after year and it keeps growing.. If your not experiancing this, then nothing you can do or buy can fix it.. You just need to build a better haunt!! Quit trying to fool your customer............

Comment

I have posted for years under my Haunt name (but because my License Business is not my Haunt Business, I now have this account). I wanted to post the previous reply under my Haunter's user name so you understand I'm not trying to hide behind a screen etc.... But for all MoneyBackHaunt posts, I'll be posting with my business name of MoneyBackHaunts.com so people don't get confused. My Haunted Attraction Business and Licensing Business is completely separate and operate independently of course.

Slain, that's like saying that you're ok with your attendance and everything that has been done in the past is the best way to do it. I'm saying this idea brings in people that have never considered your Haunt and gives them a reason to come to you, and buy a general admission ticket. Then once there, they love the overall experience and they can now say "I found the Money Back Haunt!". People don't want to be thrown out of windows in a 13 story building or fall through trap doors etc...They want to be able to tell their friends that they found the Haunt that gives you your money back if you make it through EVERYTHING! We're playing off the tremendous psychological draw of the legend itself - because that is so much bigger than anything we as Haunters can ever do. As an industry, we have an advantage to intrigue our customers with a legend that already exists and SO much bigger than we are. I adapted a systematic entertainment experience that provides this to them. And my customers love it. This is the best advertising available...Grass Roots and Social Media.

Again, it's entertainment and it's giving your customer what they already want and have been looking for - the Money Back Haunted House. It's based on sound Marketing Principles. Again, I'll repost my earlier response comment:

Hi everyone. I'm the owner of Money Back Haunts, LLC. I developed this idea at my own Haunted Attraction 3 years ago. I feel I'm in a witch hunt here so I'll try not to get too involved with the attacks. If you don't like the idea, that's ok, but what I do works, and it gives customers a reason to spend more money at your Haunt for entertainment, and it has people returning to my Haunted Attraction. The numbers don't lie. With the License, I'm giving Haunts the "boost" they need in Marketing Efforts and Draw. Once they're there, provide them a great experience, including your Haunt, and they'll return - the idea is quite simple, yet effective.

It's not for everyone but it's certainly not a scam. This is an idea that I've adapted and developed and yes, hold all Trademarks for my naming rights. I went to the extent of protecting myself because I know how valuable this System can be because I've seen it work at my place. If it's not for you, that's ok, but we're gonna help alot of Attractions this year. Big and Small. I understand people are skeptical, but "scam" is a little harsh and completely inaccurate.

This idea is about entertainment (we're all in the entertainment industry) and at my Haunt, people want it. Year after Year. And my numbers prove it.

I'll be happy to explain it in more detail and feel free to email me with any specific questions at ChrisMoneyBackHaunts.com . But again, I'm a Haunt owner, like you, who is trying to share my successes with others around the Industry. I'm a Haunter first and am not here to "scam" anyone. I hope after more Haunts use my License this year, others will see the benefits of it, like I have seen at my own Haunt.

Comment

I think it is a scam if the patrons have no clue what they are getting into or the haunted attraction owners are not given enough info before buying in (not that anyone in their right mind would). Otherwise, I agree with Larry, it's simply a gimmick to make some cash, that could be effective.

There are a ton of cash making gimmicks, some that leave your patrons disgruntled and with hard feelings about their experience at your park. In my opinion, "The Money Back Haunt" falls in this category.

-C

Comment

I just wanted to announce that I have filed for the following trademarks:

Pitch black
                      Scary
                      Zombies

So if you are thinking of using these concepts, please get out your checkbooks. Don't even think about using these awesome, original concepts in your haunt without forking over some cash. My army of lawyers is standing by.

I also have a trademark on the word "scam".
                      Spinning Tunnels www.spinningtunnel.com

Comment

Yes, that's the key. They know EXACTLY what they're getting into and it's completely up to them whether to continue or quit. The decision is theirs. Not a random door, or set of clues you have to find. That kind of stuff takes the control of their hands, and that's when people leave mad. This is not that at all. At my personal haunt, I charge $23 for my 3 Haunts, and then $15 for the optional, additional 4th Attraction (The Money Back Challenge). Last year, 96% CHOSE to forfeit their full $38 AND they didn't leave pissed or mad because 1. They knew what they were signing up for and 2. They stopped on their own accord. It was $38 they chose to spend on entertainment, knowing what would be expected of them.

Slain is right, if you don't have a good haunted house, the grace of God can't help you. But my idea brings more people to your Haunt and maximizes profit from each person that walks thru your gates, then leaves them telling all their friends that they actually found "The Money Back Haunted House" and it spreads like wildfire. I've seen it, It works and again, it's entertainment. We need to convince our customers to spend more money being entertained with us. And this idea does exactly that - and customers love it.

I again developed this System, and this is my baby that I've seen evolve over 3 years. I took it national this year because I'm not competing with your Haunts in others state, so I want it to be hugely successful in other markets as well. We have Haunts signed up this year that I'm sure will be happy to give truthful testimonials about how it worked for them after the season. I know it's gonna help alot of Haunt owners, in both big and small markets. It's a new idea but don't be so quick to dismiss it. I only say that because I've seen it work.
                        Last edited by MoneyBackHaunts.com; 03-14-2012, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Hey Allen great talking to you too. And I know I'm the quiet guy but sometimes you just need to speak your mind, lol. I'll give everyone on here the best marketing tool out there, you ready, here it comes ( Build A Great Haunt, give the people want they want ). The Big haunts out there didn't get there by shady Money back promises ( hope I don't get sued for using the name ) they got big and well known because they are great haunts that work hard to be the best, and not by fake promises. And maybe that is my biggest problem with this "marketing tool" it's a cop out. There's no passion in coming up with a trick to get a few more people in the door for a couple of years, it's in building a product that people would spend any amount to go to because it's one of the best. I feel if you would have done it at your haunt whatever, it's still a bad idea and a cop out to me, but when you tried to sell it to other haunts you really crossed a line for me.

Again this is just my opinion , like this " marketing tool " is a good idea in yours.

Robert Dudzieck
                          Fright Factory
                          The Dead Zone

Comment

Couple things...

You said "I'm giving Haunts the "boost" they need in Marketing Efforts and Draw". This I don't totally agree with because you are saying you are giving them something to draw by... however most of us would know the real boost you need is to have a good haunted house. The fact is this simple... if your haunted house sucks no matter this marketing 'boost' or not it still sucks. This is a social media world and people might go because of the marketing gimmick and the haunt sucks next thing you know people are screaming at the top of their lungs all over Facebook, Twitter and everywhere else SCAM SCAM SCAM! I'm not saying your system is a scam I'm saying that customers who attend a bad haunted house then coupled with this marketing tool I see customers screaming scam. In other words they used this as a gimmick to trick us to their haunted house, not focus on having a good haunt, but rather making money.

You can have any type of marketing tool you want be it this new picture marketing, or some sort of grab as many facebook friends as you can, or this and or anything and everything between... it wont' mean much if the haunt itself sucks.

Silo-X was a franchise with incredible marketing, and it failed after some initial success because the attractions where NOT that good.

The only marketing tool you really need is a GREAT HAUNTED HOUSE... if something like this enhances that great, but it starts with a good haunt.

Larry
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President
                            www.HalloweenProductions.com
                            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

OH MY GOD I AGREE WITH LARRY ?????????????????????????????????? But it's just that , build a great haunt

Robert

Comment

I'm sorry I just don't understand the use of the word "scam". A scam is something that is untruthful and intentionally misleading with the intent to hurt someone. If you feel what I'm saying is that, you don't understand the concept. I know this industry is not composed of closed-minded people, the creativity aspect is why many enjoy this work. I personally am less haunt-creative and more financial oriented about the business. If you build a product your customers enjoy and want, they will tell their friends, return, and spend more money with you. This is a great marketing opportunity backed by a systematic process that I've seen make a Haunted House (big) money, with happy, return customers.

What I'm saying is accurate. But again, we have Haunts that will be using it this Fall, so I'll let their testimonials speak for themselves after the 2012 season. It works

Comment

Working...
                                X