Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Money Back Haunt LLC. (BS scheme or good marketing?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Darkblood View Post
    We have one about an hour away claiming 8 Haunts and it's 20.00.
    The first 2 are about 3 minutes long (up some stairs-around 4-5 rooms-back down stairs)...the next one is mostly dark with 1 decent scare...the next 2 are back to short 3-5 minute haunts then a fogged out maze one and a vortex tunnel is the last one. It's at a small amusement park and the last level is the roller coaster at night (the only 'ride' open).
    They don't even start building it until September.
    The craziness is they claim to get 20,000-30,000 people a season.

Kirk
    Reminds me of my experience at Busch Gardens Halloween Whatever in VA. Thank Heavens the rides were still open and that they had speed passes, cuz they had hour long waits or worse on some "haunts" that barely would have qualified as an elementary school fund-raiser. Everything literally looked like they threw it up the night before.

C.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoneyBackHaunts.com View Post
      Cookie, A trademark is simply an associative Name or Words reserved to identify a brand, and protected by the US Gov't. It's crucial to the business world and protects intellectual property for the original claim filed. Just like the Music Industry, Restaurants, and countless other businesses have in place, to prevent knockoffs. It's the circle R you see in everyday life, and protected by the USPTO. But the Trademarks (The Ability to call yourself a "Money Back" anything in the Haunt Industry) is only a part of what my License provides.
      FYI a trademark is not a patent and they have very different rights and protections associated with them. Even if you were planning on offering a money back guarantee, you probably still could. You just couldn't advertise it in a way that would be confused with his haunts.

*THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVISE. I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANYONE'S ACTIONS> CONSULT AN ATTORNEY.

Comment

• Forget Attorneys, just slap the shit out of anyone that lies, cheats and steals.
        sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

• I'm not a lawyer either ..nor giving legal advice. They are not trademarking "Money Back" since it had to be disclaimed. In my other world I had to do the same for "fitness" . I had to disclaim it or my Mark would not be allowed so anyone can use it outside my mark. He also Trademarked Money back challenge and money back haunted house... but then again these are service marks and the mark disclaim "Money Back" . With common use in the industry of the whole marks I am guessing it wouldn't be hard to show these terms as generic and not distinctive in a court.
          I am not sure why he thinks he can protect the words "Money back" in the haunt industry because he had to disclaim them on all his trademarks... maybe his lawyer didn't tell him?

BTW "money back guarantee" trademark is not owned by him.

Again I'm not a lawyer nor is this legal advice!
          Last edited by tonguesandwich; 06-05-2012, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X