Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Down to the Brass Tax... WHAT DID YOU BUY?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Down to the Brass Tax... WHAT DID YOU BUY?

Lets get down to the brass tax... what did you buy to enhance your haunted house for the 2012 haunt season.

Let me start... I bought NOTHING. LOL

Just kidding we did buy those inverted busts, and all of Robert Kurtzmans masks he had on the show floor. But that was it.

For us we already had two totally renovated haunts prior to the show itself but I do have a third haunt yet to buy anything for.

So I want to know what you guys bought, what do you think will be a difference maker for your haunt this year. I'm still looking around for ideas myself. I didn't really see the show this year, didn't really see much go off... so what did you buy?

Also what is the range of dollars you spent see the poll.
    Under 5000.00
    40.00%
    Under 10,000.00
    11.43%
    Between 10,000 and 20,000
    34.29%
    20,000 to 30,000
    2.86%
    30,000 to 50,000
    5.71%
    50k to 100k
    5.71%
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

things bought.. Hmmmmmmmm

You know... I dont really remember, I just know we spent $$$$$$$.. Alot of vendors had tears of joy we we flipped out the denaro...
    Mask (silcone) makeup, props, fog equipment, tools, costumes, noise makers etc: Oh yeah for some damn reason we bought a custom demented trike for outdoors..And we bought a dude in a wheelchair with deformed arms and no legs speewing out water.. I think we will use him for our wheel chair accessable sign.. Too funny...

Comment

One of our biggest purchases was the new airbrush that has the paint outside the brush so you dont have to clean it and you can change colors by just switching out the paint holder. Got a great deal on it too!

Comment

Inverted Bust?

Larry you mean the talking statues when you say inverted busts?

I bought....
        Gore Galore Giant Ghost
        8 silicone mask ( makes me 30 now)
        2 props from poison props
        Haunt Tatics Costume
        and a ton from Unit70 and got several more things to buy! I only got to see like a few hours of the show this year! Shane and it's time to work! Shane
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by graystone View Post
          Larry you mean the talking statues when you say inverted busts?
          I think he means Watchoos.

Some of what I bought:
          I picked up a couple Watchoos.
          EFX Tech controllers.
          A lot of mechanicals from Frightprops.
          The Cannon Floor model from Edge.
          I hired Chad Savage (Sinister Visions) for new art and web design.
          Lots of marketing materials.
          Lots of foam work from Woodloom.
          sigpic

There are three rules to designing a haunt. Unfortunately, nobody knows what they are.

Haunt: www.ScarecrowTheater.com

Comment

Originally posted by Odinseye View Post
            One of our biggest purchases was the new airbrush that has the paint outside the brush so you dont have to clean it and you can change colors by just switching out the paint holder. Got a great deal on it too!

Who made this airbrush (and what was the model)? This description could be a lot of airbrushes that have been around, but also sounds like it might be something new and different.. I may have missed it if that is the case.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
            -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

We definitely supported the new vendors. Put orders through for both Brutal Rust & Sinister Signs. They had EXCELLENT products in our opinion.

Also bought props and supported our own local (Buffalo NY vendor) Dark Raven Designs!

Lots of stuff from Fright Props again and found a cool prop or two from Nightscream we needed this year.

Too many things to buy!
              District of the Dead Haunted House & Morbid Entertainment

http://www.BuffaloFear.com
              http://www.MorbidEntertainment.com

Comment

The inverted busts or Watchoos are Haunted Mansion style following busts by Hauntek http://hauntek.com/index.php?main_pa...re4j24s9fikof2 We got the full color ones. I think the detail is more pronounced in them
                Mike Bizub

Ghouls Gulch www.GHOULSGULCH.com

Comment

?

Do these watchoos have to be lit from the backside? Just wondering. I have more busts than I can count. But a few more can't hurt. This is one of the few things I didn't see at the show. Thanks damon
                  Damon Carson

Comment

Yes they came with a light box or they were letting you just order the bust and building your own box
                    Mike Bizub

Ghouls Gulch www.GHOULSGULCH.com

Comment

Mike I think the airbrush he is referring to is the zero G from EBA.
                      http://www.europeanbodyart.com/catal...ducts_id/2386/
                      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Dinner at Hooters, ...oh you mean inside the show?

Well I bought the Distortions Shock Therapy, Poison Props 3 head Dropper, some dentures, putting together an order still for Fright Props. And since another haunt is going to use my Distortions Gargoyle Shock this year they bought a Poison Props Drop Portarait Zombie but are having it shipped to me for one year. (We will swap props back next year).

Toying with idea of selling my ScareFactory Floating Reaper and doing more shopping for another bigger item. (And for you who think ScareFactory stuff always breaks it is fine...Ive NEVER had any ScareFactory stuff break) With all the bells and whistles it would cost $4859ish new if ordered this month ...if somebody wants to toss me an offer and make me think more serious about going shopping again.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

Originally posted by Allen H View Post
                          Mike I think the airbrush he is referring to is the zero G from EBA.
                          http://www.europeanbodyart.com/catal...ducts_id/2386/

Would love to hear some reviews on this, its kind of like a cross between the harbor freight craft gun and a pasche-H...I dig the way it looks to work, but the price point is kinda wild when I've been buying $20 airbrushes...the cartriges alone are $70...

Mike "Pogo" Hach
                          -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

This is the airbrush we bought....
                            IMG_7642.JPG
                            To change color you just pull the bottle out and slip in a new one. We purchased the entire set (pump, airbrush, 6 bottles, paint and case). Since we took their display set he gave us %40 off so we came out ok on the deal. Plus I can use it in my other business!

Comment

Sue-we seriously need to talk about prop rotation, lol!

I bought supplies thus far...fog and new machines from Froggy's...controllers from EFX...start of a new light system from Quan. Prop buying after lease is secured.
                              Kathryn DeSautell
                              Lafitte's Landing, Dark Shadows Entertainment

Comment

Working...
                              X