How many have sec on site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many have sec on site?

At $81/hr in my area it seems real expensive.

Me

I have 4 police, 2 EMT's and 2 fire fighters. Shane and it's I keep everything covered! Shane
    sigpic

Comment

Our locals only charge $25.00 per hour. We have, in addition to myself, 3 police officers that appear each night in character. Two officers volunteer to work the yard area and we have staff members that are trained in first aid, first responders and EMT's. Guess I'm lucky
      Like a midget at a urinal, you gotta be on your toes

http://www.wellstownshiphauntedhouse.com

Comment

other options?

Wow, $81? Sounds like they have it priced to discourage anyone from using them. You may want to check into private security. They will offer armed and unarmed. You may check with the county to see if the reserves could do it. We have paid $ 15 per hour for many years and last year the new sheriff admin asked for an additional $5 for the reserve fund. So now we pay $20. It definitely helps keep the crwod in line as he also is in uniform and at the front door scanning the patrons with a metal detector for weapons. They also usually park a squad close by as well.
        Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
        Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

Comment

Sometimes, just the overt presence of security is enough to detract troublemakers. I know of a local haunt that has only one uniformed deputy on site but they have several very large people with yellow jackets that say 'security' on the back. They are very prominently displayed around the front of the haunt and trained in basic first-aid. They also carry radios so the deputy can get there quickly. As far as i know, they have never had a major issue. It helps that the local VFD is only about 2 miles down the road too.

I wonder if you just got a few bouncers from the local nightclubs and put them in 'security' shirts if you would have any problems? Oh course you would need at least one uniformed officer and car I would think...
          http://www.bigscaryshow.com
          http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

We had one uniformed deputy out by the ticket booth/parking lot area and then in house "security" that were also actors. We had a few actors that were first responders and firefighters, so we multi-tasked but had it all covered.

Comment

On weekends, we have 2 uniformed officers on the premises wandering about. We also have an EMT on staff that is ready to help when needed. During the week, it is just our own Haunt security (not enough customers to warrant police)

Comment

Well, my business partner is a policeman...yep, he is!
                Plus we have a bunch of actors who are firemen/EMT's.
                We also utilized in the past the local Vol. Fire Dept. to cover the exits/parking.
                Last year we were at the mall so we had mall security too.

Kirk
                Kirk Boemmel
                Dark Ghost Manor
                www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Comment

We have one police officer on site and several large former military guys who do security for us. Having a good presence of large clearly identifiable security on site is a great deterrent. We also refuse entry to anyone for any reason.

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
                  www.deadlyintentionshaunt.com
                  1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

This last season was our first not having a dedicated off-duty officer. In the past we have gotten one for busy nights but we found that being in the downtown area(two blocks from the station) we see frequent patrols anyway. In our area an off-duty officer starts at $80/hour.

We did however have to have a fire watch due to a directive put out by the IL state fire marshal. That was two firemen plus a truck. They were very accommodating and billed us the lowest hourly amount by rank despite sending high ranking firemen several nights. The truck fee was waived as well. Each fireman was $85/hour. We have a very good relationship with the fire department in our area as we invite every shift to come for a walk through to show them what they could encounter in the event of an emergency.

Some of the firemen had a lot of fun with the departments infrared camera as well.
                    Joe A

Amenti Haunted House in Dekalb, IL
                    www.amenti.info

Cavorite Designs
                    www.cavodesigns.com

Comment

We had 1 uniformed Police officer and 6 security. Our Police are only $38 an hour though. It is worth every penny and I also have a licanced EMT on staff.

Shawn
                      Twisted Woods

Comment

Last year we employed two sheriffs officers, two uniformed security guards from Securitas company, and three of my big bouncer friends. I say it was overkill for the spot that we were at, but we really showed the public that we really care about everyone's safety.
                        www.nightmareslive.com

Comment

Working...
                        X