Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Year Going Pro - single theme or no?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on going big time. Let me know if I can be of assistance. I have worked with several first-year haunts and gotten great feedback and results, including a few on this board...
    http://www.bigscaryshow.com
    http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatPhantasmo View Post
      I've always felt that while most haunters appreciate a Single-themed haunt, it will be lost on 95% of your customers. Half probably wont even see most of the sets, and the other half don't analyze haunts like we do.

That being said, going with a single theme could definitely work. But if it's easier to do different styled rooms/halls/etc., with it being your fist year, go for that.
      I am a huge fan of theme haunts, but I agree with The Great Phantasmo. The average custom will lose track Of the theme will running and screaming thru your haunt. You can have a theme and still incorporate various scenes as long as they aren't completely out of place. Build a quality haunt that is memorable and scary. Thats what will keep the patrons coming back.
      Joshua
      www.hauntedprints.com
      info?hauntedprints.com

Comment

Stay Generic

For your first year going pro, I would recommend sticking to a generic theme. You're going to have so much going on that you weren't thinking of, or didn't count on that you should concentrate on putting on a good, solid show. Once you build up a following, you'll have a feeling of what your audience likes and can start a theme from there. My advice is to concentrate on building a good, solid show; make sure everyone who comes through enjoys themselves, and don't skimp on your website in order to save money! (I'm speaking from personal experience!). Good luck.
        sigpic
        Karl
        Fear Hollow Haunted House
        www.fearhollow.com
        fearhollowhauntedhouse@gmail.com

Comment

Hmmm SCFearfarm and I are outnumbered.

I do a haunted trail through a corn field. I do not have a central story but do tend to stick with sci-fi monsters and hollywood bad guys. I am ALWAYS changing scenes props. I am in a trading circle. Last year I swapped out my Distortions Gargoyle Shock for a SF Hallway to Hell for a year. This year Gargoyle is going to Realm of Darkness in Pontiac and she is loaning me a prop for one year. Customers seem to like 'wonder what they did this year?" and keep coming back because it never gets stale. Vortex tunnel at beginning will probably NEVER leave. After that anything goes.. but you do not have the abrupt change in a field like a house does. I have a couple 8foot by 10foot tarp covered shacks along the trail...withches shack...etc. The only thing "fun' for me is "change"....and how customers react. I am afreaid I would burn out doing same stroy over and over.

It could be argued that monsters in the corn is my theme...but the monsters always change.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

Working...
          X