Brutal Rust Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brutal Rust Test

IMG_0818.JPGIMG_0820.JPG Hey Guys, I picked up a can at the show and thought I would do a test piece before applying the paint to a prop. I wanted to get the feel for the product and see just how this stuff works so I applied it to a small piece of pvc pipe.....wow!!

Brett

Sorry about the layout of the thread, Im still leanring how to post pics, forgive me.

Comment

How did you apply it, just it just brush on? Looks great!

DA

Comment

I bought some too. I honestly have to say this was the best new innovative product at TW this year. No more 3-5 step process of doing this and that, just apply, spray activator and let it do its thing, more than saving money, it's gonna save a lot of time.

Comment

DA, just brush it on, spray it with the activator and cure it with a 500 watt halogen work light. Its so simple with outstanding results. Thanks!

Comment

Sorry spook, we must have been typing at the same time.

Comment

Im going to get a test kit of this stuff, it did look great, Pale Night has come up with some great detail compounds like the perma blood and perma grime that have become staples of the industry. I have used a lot of products similar to this in the past and I am curious as to how this differs from the other iron based paint/rust activators out there on the market? Has anyone compared to other stuff out there yet?

Mike "Pogo" Hach
              -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

Rust

I picked up 2 gallons and I can honestly say that it works better then Modern Masters rust paint. It costs a little bit but time wise? No brainier. I love it.

Chaos
                Capt.Chaos
                Fear Asylum Haunted House
                Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

What is th companies website that sells the rust?
                  Joshua
                  www.hauntedprints.com
                  info?hauntedprints.com

Comment

http://brutalrust.com/

Originally posted by Haunted Prints (EOM) View Post
                    What is th companies website that sells the rust?
                    Jim Young
                    "The Boogie Man"

Comment

Great stuff!
                      Joshua
                      www.hauntedprints.com
                      info?hauntedprints.com

Comment

Good results... real rust.

My booth was across the isle from them. Kip is carrying it and it's a great product. It can look really great, just make sure you mix it really good before applying.

It's important that people know this is REAL rust. I discovered this after they painted my air accumulator tank in the booth and it deeply rusted the tank which compromised its integrity and I had to throw it out. So just keep that in mind before applying to metal you don't want rusted.

Doug.
                        www.frightprops.com

[FrightProps Blog]
                        [Google+] [YouTube]
                        [Facebook] [Twitter] [Tumblr] [Pinterest]

sigpic

Comment

Hey, just wanted to say I'm glad everyone likes the product. My company, Pale Night Productions, is carrying the paint and the Brutal Rust guys were at TW this year with me, but they sell it directly through their website as well. Our site will be updated very soon and will have the product on it. Until then, you can get it at www.brutalrust.com.

And...thanks Doug...you're absolutely right. This is a real rust and you should keep that in mind, but for 99% of applications it won't matter. There are those few, and I think a pressurized air tank would be one of them, that you might want to think about before applying the paint.

Again, we're really glad you like the product and I know I speak for my friends at Brutal Rust when I say thank you so much for your support and your purchases. We are already working with them on some exciting new products for next year as well!
                          Kip Polley
                          www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
                          We Engineer Fear

Comment

Pics

Thanks for posting the pics Brett. We are very proud of the paint and it looks great on your pipe. Can't wait to see your finished project. Submit photos to us for our Pimp My Project page and add a tutorial if you like. And thanks to everyone who has bought and used our products already. Feel free to call or email us or contact us through here with any questions any of you may have.

Brutal Rust Team

Comment

How to apply it

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                              How did you apply it, just it just brush on? Looks great!

DA

Dark Angel,

There are several ways to apply the paint. You can brush it, roll it on, run it through a texture hopper, or our favorite stipple it on. It gives awesome texture. You don't have to do any texturizing prior to applying the paint. The texture is in the paint.

Brutal Rust Team

Comment

Working...
                              X