Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How it differs

Originally posted by jakprintsHAUNT View Post
    Im going to get a test kit of this stuff, it did look great, Pale Night has come up with some great detail compounds like the perma blood and perma grime that have become staples of the industry. I have used a lot of products similar to this in the past and I am curious as to how this differs from the other iron based paint/rust activators out there on the market? Has anyone compared to other stuff out there yet?

Mike "Pogo" Hach

Mike,

The owner wants to address your question directly. I didn't want you to think we were ignoring you. When he gets a moment to breath, lol, he will get on and answer that for you.

Brutal Rust Team

Comment

smile

Originally posted by Haunted Prints (EOM) View Post
      Great stuff!

Thanks Joshua

Comment

acid blocking primer

Originally posted by FrightProps View Post
        My booth was across the isle from them. Kip is carrying it and it's a great product. It can look really great, just make sure you mix it really good before applying.

It's important that people know this is REAL rust. I discovered this after they painted my air accumulator tank in the booth and it deeply rusted the tank which compromised its integrity and I had to throw it out. So just keep that in mind before applying to metal you don't want rusted.

Doug.

Hi Doug,

You can eliminate the issues of integrity by laying down an acid blocking primer first. Do you know what kind of paint was originally on the tank and if it has a primer already on it? If so, then the integrity of the tank will not be compromised. You are correct the paint does produce real rust and will continue to age, patina, and change over time. The only way to stop this process is to put a clear coat over the top and seal the paint in. This will stop the oxidation process. I hope this helps. And it was a pleasure working with you this year. Thanks for allowing us to "decorate" some of your props. Please send us pics of your platform once you have a chance to paint it.

Brutal Rust Team

Comment

future ventures

Originally posted by kpolley View Post
          Hey, just wanted to say I'm glad everyone likes the product. My company, Pale Night Productions, is carrying the paint and the Brutal Rust guys were at TW this year with me, but they sell it directly through their website as well. Our site will be updated very soon and will have the product on it. Until then, you can get it at www.brutalrust.com.

And...thanks Doug...you're absolutely right. This is a real rust and you should keep that in mind, but for 99% of applications it won't matter. There are those few, and I think a pressurized air tank would be one of them, that you might want to think about before applying the paint.

Again, we're really glad you like the product and I know I speak for my friends at Brutal Rust when I say thank you so much for your support and your purchases. We are already working with them on some exciting new products for next year as well!
          Kip,

We really enjoyed working and "playing" with you this year and look forward to exploring new "terror"itories together. Here's to many more ventures in the future.

Brutal Rust Team

Comment

ship time

How long is the wait on shipping? I ordered a ffew weeks ago and haven't heard anything back yet, but can't wait to use this in the haunt, will really help us with one secret effect, ill post pics when we start working on it.

Comment

We placed an order at TransWorld for the kit too. Can't wait to receive it and test it out! OP pictures of PVC pipe look awesome!
              District of the Dead Haunted House & Morbid Entertainment

http://www.BuffaloFear.com
              http://www.MorbidEntertainment.com

Comment

shipments

Originally posted by screamforadream View Post
                How long is the wait on shipping? I ordered a ffew weeks ago and haven't heard anything back yet, but can't wait to use this in the haunt, will really help us with one secret effect, ill post pics when we start working on it.
                We are getting orders out as fast as we can. We shipped out our first 19 orders this morning and we have over 100 waiting to go to shipping. We finally got all of our print copy back and are busy boxing and labeling everything. The remaining orders should all be mailed out between tomorrow, Thursday March 29th and Monday April 2nd. We are anxiously awaiting your pictures of your finished project. Make sure if you have any questions during the application process to call and speak to Shayne or Kirk directly. They are very knowledgeable.

Brutal Rust Team

Comment

shipping

Just a quick update to everyone in regards to your paint. We have had some issues with paint getting destroyed in the shipping process. Due to this we are changing the way we ship and have ordered new containers, shrink wrap and locking rings. These are supposed to come in sometime today via UPS. So for those who have gotten damaged product or have not received your paint rest assured we are on top of the situation and working toward a solution. Your paint is ready and will ship out ASAP.

The Brutal Rust Team

Comment

Working...
                  X