clown weapon prototype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clown weapon prototype

alrighty everyone, transworld has come and gone so i can finally share pics! looking for feedback here, ive spoken with the vendor carrying ALL my stuff (Haunted Enterprises) but would LOVE to hear what y'all have to say! This baby is about 33" long and 10" wide at the head, and each drum head of the mallet is a 29" circle! Right now i've got it available in hard or soft versions, and working up a deluxe version with a LOT more detailing. your thoughts?

427632_3490909471840_1244603274_3681486_1378785731_n.jpg429539_10151358965165587_586570586_23292713_823737971_n.jpg
    -Mat

Saw this at the show and my buddy actually ordered one!

Very cool idea, but would like to see it made out of a more sturdy material. If I remember correctly, the one at the show had already cracked. It looks great, but if you were able to make it a little stronger/more practical, I can see it doing very well.
    Zach Wiechmann
    www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

glad you like the concept! the one i sent for the show was just a quick-cast and 4lb foam prototype and apparently at some point on saturday someone decided to try and smash it on the floor lol (totally had nightmares about that before i shipped it out..)

the production HARD version is a VERY tough, impact and shatter resistant urethane rubber backed by a 10lb foam with a wood reinforced handle/neck.

the soft version is also wood reinforced, but soft urethane foam with a latex skin.
      -Mat

Comment

I like it! When you get them produced, post on here so we can order

Comment

the mallets are now shipping! contact haunted enterprises to order, and for a little taste, here's the new UV paint scheme (without the blood) 422230_4469765702634_1149184064_n.jpg
          -Mat

Comment

Originally posted by icarian View Post
            the mallets are now shipping! contact haunted enterprises to order, and for a little taste, here's the new UV paint scheme (without the blood)
            Price?

C.

Comment

lol don't quote me on this, but i *think* they're right around 100-125. i just handle the wholesale aspect and let haunted enterprises set their own retail pricing so im not 100% on the pricing. these were picked up by them after their 2012 catalog had already printed or id just look it up for you lol
              -Mat

Comment

here's a pic of the standard paint scheme with a monster can for size reference, these bad boys are HUGE.549611_4473439114467_741808596_n.jpg
                -Mat

Comment

I'm having a vision of this war-hammer amalgamating with a chainsaw.

C.

Comment

LOL! i had originally wanted to wrap it in a sort of home-made kill/barbed wire fashioned from various carnival or circus hardware that a deranged clown might find lying around... ie nails, balloon darts, duck pond duckies, bloody carnival ride tickets.... however with this being my first year as a vendor I've had to reel in some of my ideas to a more cost effective model :'( maybe next season tho
                    -Mat

Comment

LOL! i had originally wanted to wrap it in a sort of home-made kill/barbed wire fashioned from various carnival or circus hardware that a deranged clown might find lying around... ie nails, balloon darts, duck pond duckies, bloody carnival ride tickets.... however with this being my first year as a vendor I've had to reel in some of my ideas to a more cost effective model :'( maybe next season tho
                      I'm thinking a skilsaw worked into the hammer, like an extended housing. The saw blade could be foam, using a simple motor, and a trigger in the handle. I've got some other ideas.

What is the hammer made of? Basic foam?

C.

Comment

10 lb self skinning foam, rubberized coating for a little added durability and distressed texture with a wood reinforced handle/neck.
                        -Mat

Comment

10 lb self skinning foam, rubberized coating for a little added durability and distressed texture with a wood reinforced handle/neck.
                          Well, the test run will be for about 3 hours, so I'll know for sure. I'll keep you posted.

C.

Comment

im pretty sure, so long as the governator isn't heaving it into brick, the worst that can happen is chipped paint, in which case the rubberized coat is black and will blend with the painted distressing... density wise, they're comparable to a cfx head, just a little bit more rugged. I've punched, kicked, swung, and smacked these and haven't made a dent... at the end of the day they are just foam though... i wouldn't recommend croquet or breaking rocks.
                            -Mat

Comment

measurements again...

Hey icarian,
                              I love this piece but are your measurements accurate? In your opening thread you said 29" circles on the hammer? That would be about the size of trash can lids??? They look to be about 5"-6" radius circles (10"-12" diameter) Can you confirm which? Thanks!

P.
                              Jim Pashley
                              The FEAR FACTORY
                              www.thefearfactorynj.com
                              855-NJ HAUNT
                              sigpic
                              "WE MANUFACTURE NIGHTMARES"

Comment

Working...
                              X