clown weapon prototype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pickle View Post
    I love this piece but are your measurements accurate? In your opening thread you said 29" circles on the hammer? That would be about the size of trash can lids??? They look to be about 5"-6" radius circles (10"-12" diameter) Can you confirm which?
    With a 29" circumference, that would be a 9.25" diameter.

C.

Comment

the mallets that are shipping now are slightly larger than the one at the show and are right at about 9.75" diameter.
      -Mat

Comment

aghhh!

could not find them on haunted enterprises site!
        Joe Phillips
        The Shallow Grave
        Winter Haven FL
        http://www.theshallowgrave.com/

Comment

Yeah, what's the status on these bad boys?

C.

Comment

Update from Solcon

Hey everyone!

First of all, I hope your season ended well! As far as the status on the Clown weapon, I really don't know where things are at right now, or if I'll even be selling items for haunt use next year. I'm not about to air dirty laundry online, so I'll keep all the details out and just say from a business standpoint it's been a VERY frustrating first year as a haunt vendor, and I'm sort of at a point where I may need to step back and evaluate where I was trying to take my studio, the path I was taking to get there, and figure out whats simply not working.

As far as positive news goes, I haven't STOPPED developing items for the haunt industry, I'm simply keeping these projects closely guarded for the time being. I'd really like to get a few kinks in my business model worked out before I start making those more public, though I can say that Solcon Studios will be utilizing in-house 3d animation, cnc foam milling, interactive media, and custom live-action footage in future projects, with little or no focus put into further developing any mask or costume lines, as I feel there's already plenty of other GREAT companies that service theses needs. That pretty much means if anything comes out from us in the next few seasons, it's very likely to be something completely UNIQUE to Solcon, like the clown mallet was before copycats showed up at the MHC! haha

Unfortunately, though, the answer on the mallets right now, as well as the other items I developed for H.E. is a definite i-have-no-clue-right-now.
            Last edited by icarian; 11-19-2012, 11:17 PM.
            -Mat

Comment

another quick update, Haunted Enterprises will no longer be the distribution partner for Solcon Studios or any of the works I have created. Whether I'll be self-distributing items next season, finding a new distribution partner, or just taking the time off to continue focusing on finishing up my degree, I'm not quite sure. Just thought I would let everyone know that H.E. will NOT be selling my work any longer, and I do greatly apologize to anyone that may have had trouble trying to place an order or even locate my items this season.

Mat
              -Mat

Comment

I'd be interested in a UV mallet if you are still selling them.

Comment

Hey man

sent you a PM.
                  -Mat

Comment

Working...
                  X