Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Observations on transworld from a first time attendee

Hello everyone,

Back to work one week removed from my first Transworld experience. To say the least, I was pretty overwhelmed. I spent the first 2 days wandering the floor and looking at everything, taking pictures and notes. Later on, we discussed what we liked and what we needed for the haunts. I was thoroughly impressed with our owner's abilities to cut through the noise and concentrate on those items they were most impressed with and how they went about dealing with the vendors. The vendor selection was phenomenal from my first time perspective. I would have liked to have seen more foam prosthetic appliance selection, though there were a few. The demonstrations by the Face Off crew was really fun to watch and getting to meet and speak with them was also a hi-light of the trip. I attended a couple of seminars and was really impressed with those of you who have been in the industry for a few years. It was nice to put faces with the names and actually meet and speak with you. Shane Dabbs, Ben Armstrong, Ross Karpelman, and Larry Kirchner to name a couple. It was also nice to finally see The Darkness, wow, a lot of cool stuff in there.
    Overall, I know what to expect if I get the opportunity to return in the future:

1. Get ticket for Insane Shane Party and enter the costume contest..I coulda been a contender.....
    2. Bring alcohol tolerance levels back up to my 87-89 Air Force levels..........
    3. I first have to go back to the Philippines and retrieve my liver which I left there in 1989 quivering under a bar stool in Angeles City.....then work on alcohol tolerance levels....

working on adding avatar- lets see if this works....

Werewolf 2010.jpgBigger Lycanthus.jpgKEITHHAT.jpg

Comment

face with a name....

Figured I would add a picture of myself before a transformation takes place- Anyway, as you can tell, I dig werewolves....

Comment

Howie

I think we meet? LOL I have so many AWSOME people new and old that come up and talk to me that it get's so hard to remember everyone actually. I am glad you enjoyed the show it's kinda like when your a kid and go to the fair or amusment park your always in AWHHHHH! Glad you had a great time and hopefully you will make it back! Go to my post on Facebook and Twitter and post your info so I will have it and can keep up! Also what haunt and where you from? love to follow new folks!!! Shane and it's arms always open! Shane
        sigpic

Comment

RE: Shane

Shane,

I was the guy sitting with Hoad in the lobby the last day. I am with the 13th floor San Antonio Haunted house.

Keith Troutt on Faceboook!

Comment

Woah! Awesome werewolf costume!

And Shane, you're so recognizable LOL
            I normally see you Sundays at MHC wandering around solo and talk to you for a few minutes! LOL
            I need a Disturbia shirt still! LOL

Kirk
            Kirk Boemmel
            Dark Ghost Manor
            www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Comment

Hummmm

Originally posted by Darkblood View Post
              Woah! Awesome werewolf costume!

And Shane, you're so recognizable LOL
              I normally see you Sundays at MHC wandering around solo and talk to you for a few minutes! LOL
              I need a Disturbia shirt still! LOL

Kirk
              Kirk is that good or bad LOL? And yessssssssssssssssssssssss that I do remember wolf!!!! Shane and it's I remembered! Shane
              sigpic

Comment

Read through the entire first post before I realized I was reading something from Kieth. /wave
                Chris Riehl
                Sales@spookyfinder.com
                (586)209-6935
                www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

LOL Shane!
                  It makes you easy to find!
                  Must be 'Superstar' written all over ya!
                  haha

Kirk
                  Kirk Boemmel
                  Dark Ghost Manor
                  www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfenhowie View Post
                    Hello everyone,

2. Bring alcohol tolerance levels back up to my 87-89 Air Force levels..........
                    3. I first have to go back to the Philippines and retrieve my liver which I left there in 1989 quivering under a bar stool in Angeles City.....then work on alcohol tolerance levels....
                    Trust me, that part of the show gets very old, very fast. But maybe thats just because sitting in a bar and/or partying are among my least favorite things to do in life.
                    Jared Layman

Comment

Originally posted by mindtumor View Post
                      Trust me, that part of the show gets very old, very fast. But maybe thats just because sitting in a bar and/or partying are among my least favorite things to do in life.
                      I don't do that much either, but I've found at the show that is one of the best sources of contacts and information available. I learn a ton going to the bar or to the night events. Not to mention, it's great getting to meet other haunters.
                      sigpic

There are three rules to designing a haunt. Unfortunately, nobody knows what they are.

Haunt: www.ScarecrowTheater.com

Comment

Keith I'm pretty sure I met you at insane shanes. I was in costume networking. It was nice talking to ya. We're gonna make our way down there this season to see the show again. Glad to see another Texas representative
                        Daniel Burnett
                        PR/Operator
                        Reindeer Manor Halloween Park: Est. 1974
                        13th Street Morgue/Dungeon Of Doom/Reindeer Manor

sigpic

reindeermanor.com
                        whenhingescreak.com

Comment

Working...
                        X