Haunted Hoochie exposed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

glad you like them..
    i have partners that have been upset when they go to the show and see their idea redone ..or done or whatever
    but the fact is we are all inspired by everything we see and experience and
    these inspirations are what takes all of us from where we are to where we are going...
    soo just passing sum of it around

you cant think of the old hooch without thinking of the flying chainsaw
    this guy flew over the heads of thousands of unsuspecting hoochie heads back in the day
    waiting til the last second to start his saw n rev right over them...

[CODE][/CODE]
    in order to see the orchestra ...you must turn your back on the crowd...

www.HAUNTEDHOOCHIE.COM
    www.DEADACRES.COM

Comment

One of my favorite memories is having the chainsaw maniac flying overhead. I've never seen it anywhere else. I've been going to Haunted Hoochie since 2001. Whenever I hear the song "Down With The Sickness", I think of Haunted Hoochie. Who can forget the fire breathing dragon, fire breathing demons, the massive skulls that would hit the fence, the animated hangman or the massive skeleton puppet that emerged from the woods?
      Spooky Wishes
      Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

Headless Horseman hayride in NY does a flying chainsaw skit.

DA

Comment

Hoochie is one of a kind...

I remember blasting a chunk out of the bottom of my foot when taking hits off my Mini Tesla coil there and grounding out on a steel lean plate. One of the actors took a blast to the head! I shut it off after that! It was at a Midwest maybe 6 or so years ago?

Fun times!
          Ben Armstrong
          NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
          www.Fearworld.com
          www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

I think I remember that Ben...was it at that party?

Kale

Comment

Originally posted by Speculo View Post
              Hoochie is one of a kind...

I remember blasting a chunk out of the bottom of my foot when taking hits off my Mini Tesla coil there and grounding out on a steel lean plate. One of the actors took a blast to the head! I shut it off after that! It was at a Midwest maybe 6 or so years ago?

Fun times!
              That made me laugh and cringe at the same time lol, I needed that! Although I really shouldn't be on here, I have a 6 page essay due in an hour and I started it 20 minutes ago....but this, this was needed. =)

Comment

I did have a coil at that party at midwest I think that was a year or two later, I was dressed as Frankenstein. That was when my son popped off the coil when my back was turned and it arced to my metal chains in the costume - It caught my burlap vest on fire! People put it out in seconds and I was all ...What happened?

I never have a problem with my electrical show equipment ( Been demoing it for years..) until I get to Ohio....

Maybe it needs to stay home!
                Ben Armstrong
                NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
                www.Fearworld.com
                www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

DA ...The flying chainsaw was a staple at the hooch since the very beginning
                  when did headless start doin it ?

Noah...you are da man.. I know right
                  we were kickin ass and taking names in the 90s.
                  Im glad you made it out back in the woods
                  we are currently toying with the idea of reopening it
                  an end of the world party for all those who never got to see the all original haunted hoochie
                  with all the classics

Ben...You sir are one of a kind..
                  that was a great night ..
                  Ohio is chocked full of paranormal activity
                  maybe pack a ground rod for the next trip

www.HAUNTEDHOOCHIE.COM
                  www.DEADACRES.COM

Comment

did someone say fire ?
                    pyro is something we did alot of right from the start
                    here is a pic from the original hell in 1990

[CODE][/CODE]

www.HAUNTEDHOOCHIE.COM
                    www.DEADACRES.COM

Comment

i have video of building hack and this fire breathin dragon
                      i think we did the build on this in 96 a year after our 40 foot tall mega animation
                      [CODE][/CODE]

www.HAUNTEDHOOCHIE.COM
                      www.DEADACRES.COM

Comment

Originally posted by badass View Post
                        DA ...The flying chainsaw was a staple at the hooch since the very beginning
                        when did headless start doing it?

Badass, I'm not sure but I saw it on TV this past Halloween, maybe the Weather Channel show.

DA

Comment

DA...there is no shortage of the influence we have had on this industry..
                          does anybody know if there was any big animation companies before scarefactory ?
                          I remember back when Dave Faulkman was contracted to operate a haunt for clear channel here in Columbus in maybe 94 or 5
                          He came thru and was blown away...and he was da biggest man in the concert scene i know...
                          ...i was honored he even knew my name...
                          he sold promowest to Jules Belkin and he rolled all his profits into scarefactory and started selling to haunts the next year or so...
                          we have been friends ever since
                          at least to my knowledge the stuff we were doing back then hadn't been done before

www.HAUNTEDHOOCHIE.COM
                          www.DEADACRES.COM

Comment

more fire...
                            all hail Satan ...joke not wanting to get into religion here..haha
                            for all those that think Gods inspiration said to add more maggots to the zombies...
                            just a fyi we give a fortune to many different charities...
                            and i don't worship Satan
                            I merely operate a kick ass haunted house

his head moves back in fourth n up n down
                            he came later maybe 98 or so
                            he was most awesome sitting on top of the haunt over looking the crowd
                            and since we built dead acres
                            that is still what he does today

and while we r talking fire..
                            its maybe important to point out..
                            that our fire inspector literally lived at the hooch back then
                            soo don't try this at home

[CODE][/CODE]

www.HAUNTEDHOOCHIE.COM
                            www.DEADACRES.COM

Comment

Tim

Looking at all these photos bring back memories...and it makes me say DO IT....BRING BACK THE HOOCH, without a doubt....even with that dreaded blackout maze and the secret push to exit mattress
                              Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

your only as strong as your team
                                and i must point out that all of the monsters that we created in the 90s
                                one of my best friends Dave (Crow)Basham was the lead artist..
                                netherworld now has 2 of his creations also

here is another one

[CODE][/CODE]

www.HAUNTEDHOOCHIE.COM
                                www.DEADACRES.COM

Comment

Working...
                                X