Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK so who's hittin' it hard already? We are!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fabulous SUE!!! When you're done with your foam folks, you wanna send them over to me??? Needing several!
    Kathryn DeSautell
    Lafitte's Landing, Dark Shadows Entertainment

Comment

You mean Halloween is not a year-round Holiday??

Around here, we talk about Halloween all year-long! We have been hard at work since November, deep into planning and design, and now post-TW working on building and effects. We are really excited that we have been able to add a new workshop (gets me out of then garage) giving us a lot more room to build props and prep our effects. Since our haunt is in a temporary location, we have to pre-build/test everything, pack it up, set it up, spend November packing it back up, December trying to find it in storage, and Jan - Sep preparing for Oct!

We are adding a "hay-ride" attraction this year which is adding a lot to the prop/effects budget but hopefully it will add a lot to the ticket sales as well! I love this holiday!
      Travis "Big T" Russell
      President
      Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

Busting nothing but Ass since the unseasonably warm weather broke at the beginning of February at DarkSyde
        Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

Rob you better get back to work
          MHC is closing in

hats off to all the haunts that open their doors in the middle of the build season
          i know from experience its a huge pain
          we worked all winter in the outdoors
          in the rain
          building our new 49 ton church facade and mausoleums for MHC
          ...anything for Barry n Kelly
          they have created a monster

and this year we have opened up the biggest most expensive can of worms yet...
          its such a big project i am buying more property just to make it work

its getting pretty bad when 50 acres just isn't enough room
          in order to see the orchestra ...you must turn your back on the crowd...

www.HAUNTEDHOOCHIE.COM
          www.DEADACRES.COM

Comment

We're working hard to open in 2 months

Tim, you've experienced the pressure of opening during June for MHC and now we're busting our butts to open the Scare-A-Torium on Friday, June 8 for our convention. We're adding more scenes and tweaking a few too. I'm glad it warmed up so we don't have to heat the building. At 31,000 sq feet, it ain't cheap to heat it!

I hope next year you'll open the Hoochie for MHC and show everyone what a fantastic attraction it is. The additions you've described sound awesome. Feel free to stop by some weekend and check out our construction. You've got my cell number.

Matt Seel from Deathclock studios has been overseeing construction along with 20 - 25 of our regular crew. We're getting assistance from the crew of the Broadview Bloodbath too. They're creating a new final scene like nothing I've ever scene at a haunt before (and I've seen hundred's of attractions in the past 26 years). I won't share it over this message board, but if you happen to stop by some weekend we're there, we'll show you.

Kelly Collins
            Owner, The Scare-A-Torium
            Producer, The Midwest Haunters Convention

Comment

Well we are not opening in 2 months, thank god! But we are working everyday! Here is a pic of the church and galllows that will be in the Labyrinth of Time. Salem Witch Trial scene. Keep posting!!!!

Sue
              Attached Files
              http://www.GraystoneHaunt.com

Comment

Working...
              X