No announcement yet.

Monster Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this the best show out there? No, I agree with everyone on the show being a little cheesy and the drama and deadlines tend to get old. Im not going to rip on Cleve and crew to bad because Im just happy to have something like this on at this time of year.
    Brett

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
      It looks like the Walking Dead is a "celebrity" factory. People on the show for one second before getting shot are calling themselves celebrities now. The horror industry looks at everyone as a celeb. Unless you starred in a major film and a household name you are not a true celeb. You can be a local celeb or an actor or actress in a few films but that doesn't make you a celebrity. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are celebrities, not zombie number 16 on walking dead or a B movie scream queen.
      I totally agree, i was an extra in the walking dead and the hunger games but you don't see me flaunting around calling my self an actor. All you have to do is stand in line give them a head shot and hope the casting director picks you.

Comment

Originally posted by RobfromErie View Post
        I saw the first and last 10 minutes of the episode with Devo. I thought the final product looked pretty cool tonight.
        Tonight was pretty respectable. I wish the rest of the season had been like it.

Comment

DA,
          I feel thrown under the bus here.
          No just kidding. I know what you mean.
          If they wanted a show about making monsters.
          LOL

Seriously though, I have been contacted a couple different times about doing a reality TV show. And each time I say if you want some soap opera drama, I want nothing to do with it. But I did say we could script the shows. I thought a different take would be to make it really funny. Like playing jokes on each other in the shop. Or making everyone work in costumes one day. And sending weird items to customers with their orders. Just anything that would make for TV entertainment. ALONG with not getting in the way of us doing our daily work. Or filming us choreographing a dance in giant costumes, filming us filming a funny film short.

I think if we get something like this, I will probably request ideas.
          But I am not holding my breath.
          Kevin R. Alvey
          info at gore-galore.com
          www.gore-galore.com
          www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
          www.youtube.com/goregalore13
          www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gore Galore View Post
            I think if we get something like this, I will probably request ideas.
            But I am not holding my breath.
            Well, you never know. There hasn't been any mention thus far of a second season renewal, so no telling if Cleve & Co. will be back.

C.

Comment

Kevin,

Lol I just think you're a good guy and do business the right way, make great monsters and you'd be a whole lot better on the show, unless of course they want drama which apparently they do.

DA

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                Kevin,

Lol I just think you're a good guy and do business the right way, make great monsters and you'd be a whole lot better on the show, unless of course they want drama which apparently they do.

DA
                Well, it's this whole "Charlie Sixpack" BS. It's amazing how much tv producers underestimate their audiences. Always appealing to the lowest common denominator.

C.

Comment

Maybe the it's the other way around. Like the American Pickers guy spent 4 years making videos of what the program could look like and persued possible production companies. As opposed to we have a camera, can we put on a show that is somewhat like Orange County Choppers in your shop?

Now it is too late, just to make stuff out of styrofoam you have to have a big gut, hair like Elvis and black eye liner. Time to find something else to do, I'm not lookin like that.
                  sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

They need to do a show on Poison Props. Adam can show them how its done.

Comment

Some of Cleve's monsters are good, some are questionable (though ALL are far better than I could do), but it's his lack of work ethic that really makes him look bad. I can't think of a single employer I've ever had (in haunting or out) who would let me get away with the kind of slacking that Cleve gets away with. Cleve seems to be under the impression that he's so talented at monster design that he can show up as late as he wants to a shoot, and all will be forgiven once they see how great his monsters are. He is sadly mistaken. The world doesn't work like that. I'm a full-time Composer/Sound Designer for video games, and I too consider myself pretty talented at what I do, but if I ever started turning in projects late like Cleve does, I'd be tossed out the door faster than you can blink an eye. Being a PROFESSIONAL "creative" means you must have creativity ON A SCHEDULE! The money men will almost always hire a competent person who is easy to work with and completes his/her work on time over a talented prima donna who consistently misses deadlines. Cleve is very fortunate to have found a boss he can mistreat so badly without retribution. Most bosses would've fired him long ago. I bet many of the companies they do work for will never hire them again. Sure, on "Making Monsters" they seem to get behind on most of their projects too, but they rally and do whatever it takes (work all night, hire outside help, etc.) to get their projects out the door on-time. That's the sign of true creative PROFESSIONALS. To be honest, I enjoy the "Monster Man" show, but watching the directors and union film crews sit there all waiting for Cleve makes me cringe every time.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkTikiEntertainment View Post
                        Cleve is very fortunate to have found a boss he can mistreat so badly without retribution. Most bosses would've fired him long ago. I bet many of the companies they do work for will never hire them again.
                        Well, Roy can't fire Cleve because Cleve is SOTA. If Roy fires Cleve, then the whole family goes with him, leaving Johnnie and Hill. What, is that wife of Roy's going to actually pick up a airbrush and contribute, vs. just walk around and complain?

As far as "Making Monsters", I only saw one episode but it looked really cool. I'm sure that was what I was expecting when I started watching Monster Man.

Still, cool Devo shoot.

C.

Comment

The show is simply overall weak! End of story!

Larry
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President
                          www.HalloweenProductions.com
                          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
                            The show is simply overall weak! End of story!

Larry
                            I wonder if they will renew and retool.

C.

Comment

I think we should all enjoy it for what it is. Lets be honest this is what the producers wanted. nothing ever gets on screen unless its meant to be. Drama is in and producers want to exploit it . I Think it was fun and enjoyed It and may have even taken a few ideas away from it.

Comment

I'm sure it will get picked up for more shows as long as its on Syfy, they show some serious garbage on that network already why not keep it going?

DA

Comment

Working...
                                X