Monster Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monster Man

Is this show good or bad? I was watching episode 2 and I was thinking how bad that werewolf really was... totally B movie quality. Do you guys like this show or not? I'm starting to think all of these reality shows are starting to look the same, same formula, same non-sense, same script ... I like the concept of the show but I'm not sure how many episodes I can take of them making B quality props for movies you've never heard of before.

Does anyone agree? Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

I agree. But I like watching it regardless. Not to many shows in the haunt industry out there to watch. Something is better then nothing I guess.
    If anything you can see someones elses techniques.

Comment

The film it was for was a B movie and probably fit their budget which they don't disclose. As for reality shows, they do all follow the same formula of let's inject drama with unreal delivery dates so people wanna watch to see if they fail or succeed..

Comment

All they need is somebody to get voted off
        Mick

http://www.deathecho.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darksidestew View Post
          I agree. But I like watching it regardless. Not to many shows in the haunt industry out there to watch. Something is better then nothing I guess.
          If anything you can see someones elses techniques.
          It's more for the film industry, to date there's been no
          mention of the haunt industry. But it does bring the world of monsters and monster making to the masses which is good.

Larry I agree their wolf looked pretty bad there are vendors in the haunt industry that do better work.

Jake

Comment

I feel like there is less drama than other reality shows. So that aspect isnt 'too bad'. The werewolf head looked kinda plastic like. But I liked how the shark turned out.

Comment

I'm already sick of them showing up late to EVERY shoot. C'mon already, we get it. I like the show, not sure I like the work.
              www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Kind of cheesy.... but better than HGTV !!!
                Kelly Allen - Humboldt House of Horrors

Comment

I agree that the work seems like a lower quality than I would expect but regardless I like all of the shows, like this one, for getting the creative juices flowing. I also was wondering if through editing and lighting if they don't need as high of quality?

Comment

Someone recently said that reality tv shows are the death knell of an industry. That when they start making reality shows about your industry you better start looking for a new line of work. I'm not sure I agree completely, but it is food for thought.
                    The Monster Man will be at Hauntcon...
                    http://hauntcon.com/celebrities/
                    sigpic
                    Louis Brown
                    Owner, operator, and dish washer
                    at
                    DarkWood Manor

Comment

I'm not at all impressed with their monsters. The budgets on these films must be really small. I lived in LA and worked at a major haunt while there. The problem with the SPFX industry and I've noticed it as well in the haunt industry that the guy with basic sculpting skills creates a mask or prop in his garage and thinks its film quality when it often looks like garbage. Cleve is pretty good but so far his stuff does not look that great at all. I'd like to see him with a high budget to see what he can do.

Jake

Comment

i agree!

I would like to see them w a higher budget as well! But let's face it this is just not the case! You just have to accept the show for what it is. Its not the greatest its not even compariable to making monsters by distortions but its alright. Ya there werewolf in bright lighting didn't look 100 percent but in the movie how much do you really get to see?! With darker lighting, fog, moss ect it looks pretty kickass! Not to mention quick camera shots and angles and such. I've got to give it to this guy he is still going! Maybe this will inspire more types of tv shows like this! Keep watching!
                        Damon
                        Frightmasters
                        Damon Carson

Comment

Originally posted by damon carson View Post
                          Ya there werewolf in bright lighting didn't look 100 percent but in the movie how much do you really get to see?! With darker lighting, fog, moss ect it looks pretty kickass! Not to mention quick camera shots and angles and such.
                          Damon
                          Frightmasters
                          That's kinda my point. In the haunt industry we design better stuff meant to be seen and look great in front of people, not for quick shots and angles. I think vendors in this industry take monsters even further than Cleve does who makes a monster then relies on Hollywood magic to make it look good.

Jake

Comment

The ant made out of styro looked rough and very bad. I would be ashamed to show it to any client. Plus, it looks like Cleve takes the easy way out to make these creatures. He already had a bug mold and he modified it for the ants. I could not believe the molds were stored outside.
                            Painting with spray cans did not look good either...

Comment

Originally posted by lurker View Post
                              Someone recently said that reality tv shows are the death knell of an industry. That when they start making reality shows about your industry you better start looking for a new line of work. I'm not sure I agree completely, but it is food for thought.
                              The Monster Man will be at Hauntcon...
                              http://hauntcon.com/celebrities/
                              It's him and his daughter, Constance.

Interesting to note, three of the other "celebrities" are zombie extras from "the Walking Dead". Draw your own conclusions.

Originally posted by Darksidestew View Post
                              The ant made out of styro looked rough and very bad. I would be ashamed to show it to any client.
                              But wasn't that a test ant that they were going to blow up anyway, and not the final product? I thought that was a test run, and if the director liked the way it blew up (which he did) then they would get the actual gig.

Originally posted by Deathwing View Post
                              That's kinda my point. In the haunt industry we design better stuff meant to be seen and look great in front of people, not for quick shots and angles. I think vendors in this industry take monsters even further than Cleve does who makes a monster then relies on Hollywood magic to make it look good.
                              Well, perhaps, but then how do you justify the tons of "animatronics" for $15,000 a pop that just look gory and do little more than wiggle, shake, and make noise?

Originally posted by Deathwing View Post
                              I'd like to see him with a high budget to see what he can do.
                              . . . and more than 3 days to do it . . . tho, admittedly, he did seriously squander most of his 2 week lead time on that cybernetic bug.

Comment

Working...
                              X