y=mx+b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• y=mx+b

At Transworld in one of the seminars I think it was Rich that gave a very clever formula to know how many staff to hire (don’t ask me what it was its buried in my notes) any way how about one of you brilliant statisticians come up with a formula for ticket pricing. Actors x length of show - total yearly rent…… something like that …I know lots of variables........ is it doable??
    Last edited by Cliff; 03-29-2012, 01:36 PM.

Depends on perceived value and what other revenue streams you have such as add-ons, merchandise, food etc.

Comment

"Perceivced"

"Perceived" there in lies my point.....it would be nice to take some of the "perceived" out of it and replace it with sold numbers.:-?

Comment

There is some kind of formula I'm feeling.

How old the consulant is by a factor of how many cosultants there are relative to a quotient of how early on they formed some opinion in the first or second year of knowing anything, that turns out to be wrong by a factor of three but they stuck with it as the ultimate advice for 25 years rather than be proved wrong in any way and thought that advice converted to $2500 instead of here's a quarter, call someone who cares. SO the end catagory for $25 is What is Bullshit?

Then this equates to a larger conversion of who actually answers the phone anymore without specific caller ID information versus what they pay per mintute for cell phone coverage. Meanwhile this over the factor that everyone else is text messaging what a dummy the caller is, totally unware of that kind of communication style and faxing each other forms versus acually doing something.

It all works out in the end. After a massive carbon foot print. That equates to how many haunted houses use solar power and animal methane for power.

What are you trying to figure out?
        sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Well I can tell you this line does have a slope and a y intercept......

Sue
          http://www.GraystoneHaunt.com

Comment

Ticket price =
            $1/minute of travel through show. To a maximum of $25. That is my theory. make it a good value and people will appreciate it.
            www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
            http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Thank you guys for the help.

This is quickly becoming my favorite place to hang out [QUOTE=Greg Chrise;134020]There is some kind of formula I'm feeling.

How old the consulant is by a factor of how many cosultants there are relative to a quotient of how early on they formed some opinion in the first or second year of knowing anything]

Comment

Hey wait... I want to know the staff hiring formula... what's that one?
                Michael Inks
                Geist Entertainment, Inc.
                Visit GEI on Facebook

sigpic

"If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Inks View Post
                  Hire enough guys to get done what needs to get done?

:-D

Comment

Rich Hanf's Staff Hiring Formula from Transworld

Originally posted by Michael Inks View Post
                    The formula Rich Hanf gave at his seminar "Want to see something REALLY scary, try getting started in the Haunt Business" was:

Square feet of your haunt / number of actors (he told us to count the number of actors who get more than 1 scare as two actors). If the number is less than 250, you're properly staffed.

Example: You have a 5,000 sq ft haunt. You have 30 actors, but 10 of them get more than 1 scare, so divide by 40.

5,000/40 = 125 which is less than 250, so in this case, you're golden.
                    www.mournfulmanor.com

"I'm talking about romance in the sense of epic heroes, tragedy, forever friends who die for one another, quests, wars and star-crossed lovers. Romance found in dark fairy tales and the histories of martyred saints. Romance expressed through murder, cannibalism, ressurrections, and hauntings, through ancient tales of chivalry, sacrifice and betrayal."

Comment

Originally posted by MournfulManor View Post
                      The formula Rich Hanf gave at his seminar "Want to see something REALLY scary, try getting started in the Haunt Business" was:

Square feet of your haunt / number of actors (he told us to count the number of actors who get more than 1 scare as two actors). If the number is less than 250, you're properly staffed.

Example: You have a 5,000 sq ft haunt. You have 30 actors, but 10 of them get more than 1 scare, so divide by 40.

5,000/40 = 125 which is less than 250, so in this case, you're golden.
                      So, iow, it doesn't matter what the number is, but if you are less than a factor of 250, you're not being eaten alive by payroll?

Is he also basically saying we need an actor driven scare at least every 250sq'?
                      Last edited by BrotherMysterio; 04-02-2012, 04:51 AM.

Comment

Yes, yes he is and I completely agree. good actors will make your haunts better.
                        www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                        http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Speaking of good actors

Speaking of good actors, Allen, I wanted to thank you for your "Dynamic Haunted House Acting" DVD's. My partner and I have learned so much from them that it's changing some of the design of our haunt to get better scares and we will be using them for training sessions to help the quality of our actors as well. All in all, this one purchase will improve our attraction by 40% or so, so thank you!
                          www.mournfulmanor.com

"I'm talking about romance in the sense of epic heroes, tragedy, forever friends who die for one another, quests, wars and star-crossed lovers. Romance found in dark fairy tales and the histories of martyred saints. Romance expressed through murder, cannibalism, ressurrections, and hauntings, through ancient tales of chivalry, sacrifice and betrayal."

Comment

Very True

I learned sssoo Much at TW this year!! every one is so great about sharing!!

Comment

Working...
                            X