Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has actually started to re-build their haunted house?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has actually started to re-build their haunted house?

How many have you started? How many hours per week are you putting in? And what are you adding?

You know for sure we are just plain worn out... working around the clock for 4 months nearly killed us. The good news is we only have one haunt left to do... and finally we just started to THINK ABOUT IT. Today was the first real day I started to THINK about what to do... I think on Tuesday we are going to figure something out. We will start on Monday finishing our trailer haunt... but that is nothing.

So what are the rest of you doing?

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Some minor things here and there. A short film is being done right now so it's holding the build up. In about a month it'll be GAME ON and we'll go full throttle getting her ready for tours, lots to do.
    Like a midget at a urinal, you gotta be on your toes

http://www.wellstownshiphauntedhouse.com

Comment

yep

We have tore out a bunch of walls that divided out big main hallway into two paths and are changing the path completely. The hall dividers will be replaced with different ones that allow us to change the direction of the paths from length wise to sideways. This, and tearing out a few rooms will serve to really mess with the customers that have been there before.
      Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
      Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

Comment

Tore apart

We completely changed our layout this year. We are going to have guests enter through a different entrance. We found ways to better utilize space to give the guests an extra 10-13 minutes in our attraction. After watching your foam DVD, I realized our carvings sucked. So I tore them all out and started fresh. I think Larry and Crew would be proud Ha. Better lighting. Better sound. Way more scenic design. I spent about 6 hours the last few days ( and about $600 ) on random flea store junk. I found some pretty cool and unique stuff. I bought some old medical equipment on eBay that still works. When I plug it in and add to our scenes it will add sound and cool, realistic lights. My goal is not to have the biggest haunt but I really want to have a detailed one. We will get there. We hired Allen Hopps buddy to do some drawings for us. That was a good move. We are now building to a concept instead of running blind. We also added on to our building last year so we have about 2000 more square ft to play with. I think people will really love our haunt this year. Hope everyone is doing well.

Buck
        Capt.Chaos
        Fear Asylum Haunted House
        Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

We're working really hard!

We started two months ago. We're busting our butts to open the Scare-A-Torium on Friday, June 8 for the Midwest Haunters Convention. We're adding more scenes and tweaking a few too. I'm glad it warmed up so we don't have to heat the building. At 31,000 sq feet, it ain't cheap to heat it!

Matt Seel from Deathclock studios has been overseeing construction along with 20 - 25 of our regular crew. We're getting assistance from the crew of the Broadview Bloodbath too. They're creating a new final scene for us like nothing I've ever scene at a haunt before (and I've seen hundred's of attractions in the past 26 years). I won't share details over this message board, but if you happen to stop by some weekend we're there, we'll show you.

I'm hoping that since we'll have the haunt ready for MHC we can take some time off this summer and relax. Hah, like that will happen! At least we can wish.

Kelly Collins
          Owner, The Scare-A-Torium, Dublin, Ohio
          Producer, The Midwest Haunters Convention

Comment

The build started...

We started this past week on the actual room builds but the animatronics took about a month from design-sculpt-paint- electronics- audio.
            Choosing the correct fabrics took awhile for our rooms along with audio and nick nacks. Cant wait to see it all come together.

Peter T
            Fables Studios
            Your Home For Horror

www.FablesStudios.com
            https://www.facebook.com/FablesStudios

Comment

We want to kick it up a notch or two this year. There was an early warm snap which allowed Tom, Walley and crew to demolish the mine shaft to make way for a new scene called Death Junction. A crazy looking train yard will be built in it's place. I'll post photos of the progress on the Haunted Overload progress thread as we go. We don't have a huge crew so we have to spread the work out on weekends all season.

It will take a while to complete another giant sculpture but we already have the beams up and will continue this weekend. We have been working on new body bags and smaller reaper figures since February. Photos on the other thread. http://www.hauntworld.com/haunted_ho...rogress-thread The trail will be almost totally revamped, it took us 8 hours of walking around the woods to get just the right path. Going backwards through existing scenes gives the haunt a whole new look.

Demolition of the old mine shaft

Preliminary design of the scene that will take it's place, entrance to Death Junction.

Design of a new crazy looking building.

Very first hole of the season last weekend! I look tired as hell already, lol! We got up wicked early to get the massive beams from Lowes, it took forever. Felt great to get them all in the ground with cement.
              www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Who has actually started to re-build their haunted house?

We started the second week in January and the weather has been good to us in the north east, we have been able to work 40 hours a week since.
                We are working on re-vamping our haunt lines and midway. we just planted 160 Nigra trees, installed 800' privacy fence, poured a 70' concrete brick walls, bought some vaults and are pouring a bunch of concrete tombstones and coffin benches for our lines and amusement area. we get the concrete for free and last longer than foam, so we are trying to make anything we can out of it.
                Attached Files
                frightland.com

Comment

Working...
                X