Who Thinks Facebook TIMELINE SUCKS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Thinks Facebook TIMELINE SUCKS?

I'll have to be honest this new timeline for facebook has made me all but ignore facebook. I'm not even using it anyone because now I think facebook is as cluttered up as myspace. Its horrid! I personally think it will hurt the value of facebook to your business because people can't really find the info as easy the new info and the site is so messy it just gives you a headache to look at it.

Who agrees.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

I'll have to completely disagree. I think it's sleek...allowing a larger graphic area at the top of each page. Also, it sorts the crap out of each page and the first thing people see are YOUR own posts. Doesn't matter if you like it or not...your customers still use Facebook everyday and to not use it simply because you don't like a new layout is absurd. Facebook will always change...about once a year or so. We just have to get used to this fact and keep evolving with Facebook. -Tyler
    http://www.hauntdesignkit.com
    >Download free Google SketchUp collections made just for haunt owners and designers.

Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/HauntDesignKit

Comment

Larry

i hate, hate, hate it!!!!!!!!! Shane and it's I think it sucks! Shane
      sigpic

Comment

While not a fan of the new look, I have to admit this is probably going to happen...

facebook-changes-in-a-nutshell.jpg
        http://www.bigscaryshow.com
        http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

Doesn't matter anyway eventually Facebook will die off just as MySpace did when something else better comes alond and people will be saying the same thing, "damn I wasted a lot of time building up friends and now it's useless".

Jake

Comment

Badger you are completely right!

Things will always change. Nothing stays the same. Everyone said Yahoo would fail and die off as soon as they started making their huge changes all the time. It's still #1. Sure, there are other giants coming up in the webworld, but Yahoo remains #1.

I sorta like it, but I HATE being FORCED to do it! The one thing I do like, is being able to put a nice banner at the top.
            I also hated it when I first saw it. People don't like change. But change CAN be good for us. Our human nature is "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" Well that and "this is the way we've always done it, leave it alone"

Well, the truth is, you can never improve without making changes! Our (human) nature likes things to stay the way we're use to. That's fine, but even evolution proves that everything changes. Facebook is evolving, sure not for the best but I can understand why, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Valley_of_Screams View Post
              I'll have to completely disagree. I think it's sleek...allowing a larger graphic area at the top of each page. Also, it sorts the crap out of each page and the first thing people see are YOUR own posts.
              Sleek? It's full of crap and all over the place. What's worse is there are apps now which can post garbage on your profile without your permission just because you're friends with someone else who's using it.

Comment

huh

Originally posted by HauntedPaws View Post
                Sleek? It's full of crap and all over the place. What's worse is there are apps now which can post garbage on your profile without your permission just because you're friends with someone else who's using it.
                ....so can i post my stuff on there pages i kinda like that!

Comment

I switched my personal page over a couple months ago and I think it is OK, I have gotten used to it. That being said... I think it sucks for a business page. I think info is very hard to find and I yeah I think people will just say forget this. Sometimes pretty isn't always better.
                  http://darkscares.com/

sigpic

Comment

Hate..

I will not set mine up with that timeline stuff. WIll not!! Twitter will be the new facebook if they keep this up, just like facebook was the new myspace.
                    My 2cents..
                    Peter T
                    FS
                    Fables Studios
                    Your Home For Horror

www.FablesStudios.com
                    https://www.facebook.com/FablesStudios

Comment

Adapt or Die...

Facebook is not the NEW myspace.

Myspace was a social network with no website integration or application development opportunities.

Facebook is attempting to be the base network so that applications such as Spotify can exist.

Twitter is not trying to be the NEW facebook either.
                      They both have their place on the web.

We all hate change, but at the same time facebook isn't going anywhere anytime soon as it is embedded in everything we do on the web.
                      Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

[QUOTE
                        We all hate change, but at the same time facebook isn't going anywhere anytime soon as it is embedded in everything we do on the web.[/QUOTE]

So was MySpace 5 years ago before it was replaced by Facebook.

DA

Comment

Well he's kinda right though DA. 5 years ago, Myspace wasn't EVERYWHERE. Now days, You can't go to hardly 90% of websites w/o there being a facebook like button. Facebook is on buildings, coffee shop advertisements, you name it. Local businesses have the symbolic "f" with "like us" on it. Myspace had none of this.

Facebook, unfortunately is a much bigger deal than MS was. However, even at the time, I hated to go to FB, but myspace was pretty cluttered.

I feel FB will be around for a much longer time than MS would've ever dreamed about.

Comment

MySpace was huge so big in fact that some companies and even movies released their promos on a MySpace page instead of a traditional website, so it was everywhere. Facebook is bigger in large part because of the popularity of MySpace. Facebook built itself of the growing trend of social networking and improved on MySpace's flaws and the combination of these and other factors it just took off. But people are resistant to change once they feel comfortable with it.

DA

Comment

DA very little of that is true.

http://www.myspace.com/

You can log into myspace now using the Facebook Connect Application.
                              Facebook is trying to be the social human directory and connection for the internet. They are not trying to make a website and make money from it soley which is what myspace did.

We are looking at a time when the only way to sign up for some websites and interact with comments on websites is by having a facebook account.
                              They created social plug-ins that allow me to instantly have a membership site for my users without asking them to fill out another form on my site. They are the end all be all for logging in and connecting with internets and other websites.

Let me put it this way.

If myspace shut down even at its peak, people would just be upset, it wouldn't effect anything, it was simply a website.
                              If facebook shuts down tomorrow, entire websites, applications, blogs, and companies would tank because it is such a powerful tool fully integrated into websites.

Its a no brainer in business that every product has a Life Cycle, however when that product becomes so entangled in our daily activies, we are more apt to allow changes to it. They have gone years without any major changes and now they need to change over to timeline in order for the new applications "actions" to work to their potential.

The facebook timeline is not getting cluttered it is expanding and in a lot of ways is much cleaner, it is just different so it feels more complex.
                              Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

Working...
                              X