Haunt Room Ceilings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haunt Room Ceilings

I need a cheap solution (we have a lot of rooms to cover) for ceilings in the rooms of our haunt. Some areas of our building have low ceilings and we get some light bleed from other rooms. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I guess before anyone gives suggestions for ceilings. The important question is a safety one. How is your sprinkler system hooked in? If you put ceilings at the wall panel level, blocking your sprinklers is a big problem.
    sigpic

There are three rules to designing a haunt. Unfortunately, nobody knows what they are.

Haunt: www.ScarecrowTheater.com

Comment

Originally posted by savageroad View Post
      I need a cheap solution (we have a lot of rooms to cover) for ceilings in the rooms of our haunt. Some areas of our building have low ceilings and we get some light bleed from other rooms. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
      Why do you need ceilings?

Comment

Ceilings

Sprinklers are not an issue with us, we are just under the square footage required for our city to enforce sprinklers. As I had mentioned in my first post we are getting some light bleed from other rooms in our rooms that we want dark and I want something overhead to create a sense of enclosure.

Comment

Originally posted by savageroad View Post
          Sprinklers are not an issue with us, we are just under the square footage required for our city to enforce sprinklers. As I had mentioned in my first post we are getting some light bleed from other rooms in our rooms that we want dark and I want something overhead to create a sense of enclosure.
          What kind of wall panels are you using and just how bright are your bleed-over rooms? What kind of voltage are you running from the room lights?

Comment

We had a donation of huge rolls of thick brown paper that blocked the light perfectly the last 4 years.
            The rolls stood about 7 feet tall.

Comment

We used CAMBRIC (spelling...not sure!) last season in the back area of our haunt where the ceilings were much lower to hide . Our fire marshal was fine with it because cambric allows water/moisture to come through. But we also cut holes in the material and zip tied them where each sprinkler head was, which allowed full sprinkler action for safety.

We found huge rolls of black cambric at a local family owned furniture store. For those of you who don't know what it is it's the material used for the underside of chairs, couches, etc.

It's dirt cheap. Think we spent around $30-40 on a roll about 3' x 50'+ each time.

Just have to find a local furniture place that will sell it to you!

Definitely blocks out the light though.
              District of the Dead Haunted House & Morbid Entertainment

http://www.BuffaloFear.com
              http://www.MorbidEntertainment.com

Comment

Haunt Room Ceilings

the worst thing to use is paper or plastic that are not fire retardant,especially if the ceilings are low.
                We are required to lower our sprinkler heads when we put anything up for a ceiling.
                the best thing would be to just spray paint all your ceilings flat black, this will reduce 50% or more of the light bleed over from room to room.
                frightland.com

Comment

Camo netting

Another solution is camo netting. They make it in all kinds of colors and fire retardant too.
                  sigpic
                  Karl
                  Fear Hollow Haunted House
                  www.fearhollow.com
                  fearhollowhauntedhouse@gmail.com

Comment

Again I would ask "just how bright are these rooms", and why not just cover the few offending rooms (paying attention to sprinkler placement and so on)?

Comment

Cameo & Sprinklers

Flame proof cameo netting sounds like a good idea. Does it let through enough water to be placed lower than the sprinkler heads?

Comment

Originally posted by studio13 View Post
                        Flame proof cameo netting sounds like a good idea. Does it let through enough water to be placed lower than the sprinkler heads?
                        If that's the ticket, then just use it on the offending rooms. Also, I wonder what kind of voltage he's running thru the house.

Comment

okay

What has been mentioned fireproof camo net. Lattice w fireretardent. Dimmers on your lighting. You could use pinspot or darklight pen spots for lighting. You can use darker gels on lighting. You can use low wattage party bulbs spray black to make them dimmer. There are many options. Just think safety first
                          Damon
                          Frightmasters
                          Damon Carson

Comment

Working...
                          X