Help on getting copyrighted permission on music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help on getting copyrighted permission on music

I need to know how to get permission to use a song I purchased from itunes to use in my video. I made the picture video with the song and it was removed from facebook saying the song is copyrighted and I need permission. Any advice?
    Last edited by Dreamreaper; 04-07-2012, 10:44 AM.
    Ken L.

http://www.thedreamsofdarkness.com

You probably have to contact BMI or ASCAP. They control the rights for most music. Different artists belong to one or the other of these organizations and use them to license out permission to the music. It won't be cheap if it's a well known song or artist.
    sigpic

There are three rules to designing a haunt. Unfortunately, nobody knows what they are.

Haunt: www.ScarecrowTheater.com

Comment

I added the video I made, I see its the wrong date. Halloween 2011
      Ken L.

http://www.thedreamsofdarkness.com

Comment

Interesting choice of music. Kind of took my interest out of the theming of the show. Maybe consider something creepy or fast paced to convey excitement?

Jake

Comment

They will likely want more than you are willing to pay, if they're willing to let you use it at all. Maybe check out Vimeo, they have a huge music store and has tracks that range from free (Creative Commons) to $98+ for business use. vimeo.com/musicstore

Comment

Find an ALT band

Another approach is to look for a less known band in the ALT genre, as they can sometimes have some pretty creepy music, and they will grant you permission in a lot of cases to reuse their music.
            Travis "Big T" Russell
            President
            Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

Working...
            X