Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook... Beware what you say.

Read this article... http://finance.yahoo.com/news/whos-w...213557740.html

I think Facebook has become a great tool to promote your business while at the same time it has become a great way for people to help ruin your business, use as a tool to sue you, or hold you to your comments. Whatever you say on Facebook is being followed by someone who wants to file a lawsuit against your company, or to spy on what you say or do. This article up above is 110% accurate. I know so whatever you do remember facebook can help you and it can hurt you at the same time.

At some point I see facebook losing steam and falling off as people bore of following everyons daily lives, but until that time just be carefull.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

This is true! Facebook has cost many people their jobs and have ruined so many marriages and relationships. All the alcoholics posting pics of them partying to the provocative photos to the crude comedy and rhetoric will come back to hurt you.

Allan

Comment

Ditto for what you say anywhere including Fourms like this.....
      Ben Armstrong
      NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
      www.Fearworld.com
      www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

Wishful thinking Larry, unfortunately, I dont see many getting bored of following others daily lives, however, I agree, in that regard, FB is ridiculous.
        Like a midget at a urinal, you gotta be on your toes

http://www.wellstownshiphauntedhouse.com

Comment

My favorite is the guys who wrote a script as proof of concept to show you how easily you could grab all the people on FB who posted they essentially they wouldn't be home for a week while on vacation. FB makes people narcissistic especially when you have over 400 friends and you don't know who half of them are. Unfortunately there's people who can also grab your FB and twitter login outta the air if you use the Wifi at a bookstore, coffee shop etc and think it's safe. Secure Wifi is a little better only taking 5mins to get on.

www.pleaserobme.com

Comment

Wow

Isn’t it amazing how this generation posts the dirty laundry and every stupid thing they do in a public forum?? I just don’t get it?

Comment

Forums like these are a lot safer because someone has to know you post on them first, but facebook is just something that attorneys now use as a tool to use things against you. Be really careful with facebook... I think people should stick to talking about the industry on private forums or just simply over the phone. They are saying that people are using facebook just to learn about who has money and who doesn't so they can try and get bit by your dog, or whatever. I'm starting to think facebook overall is not great... I'm going to stick to the basics on facebook promoting what your business is doing but not discussing things of sensitive nature.

Now that they have this timeline they are trying to lock in everything you say ... so be careful.

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President
              www.HalloweenProductions.com
              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

It looks like more and more that forums like these are dying out and Facebook groups are the in thing. I think forums may become obsolete soon and people will continue to group up on FB or whatever comes next as social media isn't going anywhere the youth have grown up with it as a big part of their lives. I've seen a couple car forums die out in the past 2 years and replaced with Facebook groups. Hunting ones too.

Jake

Comment

Seems almost all kids nowadays have ADD because they hardly have any attention now. I think FB will go the way of the dodo is a couple years. There's only so much that can be done with it and his attempt to allow children under the current limitation didn't go in his favor. Like your 6yr old needs to be bullied too.

Comment

Bully? I don't think Facebook is a tool for bullying anymore than anything else.

Jake

Comment

It's pretty easy to protect your privacy on Facebook.

- Set your privacy settings as high as you can.
                      - Don't share all your personal information on your profile.
                      - Don't download apps to your page.
                      - Don't add/accept people as "friends" you don't know.
                      - Don't add/accept businesses as "friends" at all.
                      - Adjust your photo album privacy settings so only friends/family that you want to see them can see them.
                      - Don't post idiotic/private comments on public pages/groups/friend's page or photo albums.

Those are just a few simple steps.

Facebook is still a powerful tool and will be for awhile. If you think it's going to "fade out" in a couple years, you're going to be disappointed. Twitter, too. Myspace died because it didn't know how or when to change. Facebook is pretty on top of trends (or sets their own)... and timeline is proof of this.
                      Last edited by Novus; 04-13-2012, 06:05 PM.
                      Ryan

Comment

What exactly does timeline do that's innovative then? The timeline concept has been around a long time, so I hardly think it's a trend.

Comment

Originally posted by HauntedPaws View Post
                          What exactly does timeline do that's innovative then? The timeline concept has been around a long time, so I hardly think it's a trend.

I didn't say Facebook invented the concept of a timeline. Watch as other social networks implement timeline style designs, though. That's the sign of a trend, and Facebook is usually on the forefront as far as social media. That's why they aren't going away anytime soon.
                          Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by Cliff View Post
                            Isn’t it amazing how this generation posts the dirty laundry and every stupid thing they do in a public forum?? I just don’t get it?

Before the internet and social media, people wrote in diaries and journals every silly thing that happened in their life. And we can read those from hundreds of years ago and learn a lot about people in that time period. It's the same idea... just a different format. Humans don't change that much.
                            Ryan

Comment

The world has forever changed with the internet. And that's a good thing. Facebook isn't evil, it's not out to ruin you, but with all things instantly transmittable and electronically permanent... of course you have to be careful about what you say. Especially on a company fan page (and really on your personal page), you gotta think like a PR person every time before you hit the send key. Facebook is a fantastic tool... but unlike the old days of publishing, you can crank out a world wide gaffe in seconds flat.

Yeah, Facebook may be here forever, it may fade in a couple of years, but something will always be there to take it's place. So my view is... keep up with what's happening, take full advantage of the tools available and always be your own PR person and think about how you're representing yourself to the world.

(And I really wish I hadn't emailed that picture to my ex.)
                              Michael Inks
                              Geist Entertainment, Inc.
                              Visit GEI on Facebook

sigpic

"If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney

Comment

Working...
                              X