Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transworld orders havent come yet.....is something wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frightener View Post
    From what I gather, it usually takes even the best of the best quite a bit to turn around. Just try to be patient. I have no experience, but I've read a lot of threads.

Speaking of timelines on ordering, guys, especially you GG, when should be the latest to order for this season? The money from our sale isn't coming for another week or so and we're still in the planning stages. Most of what we'll be ordering is stuff we just absolutely can't make, so nothing like animated stuff but foam filled latex bodies, parts etc. I guess, more in part, are there particular props that take longer to get out? Seems to me it should be foam and latex props be the easiest and the animated stuff the longest? Or am I completely off base?

Thanks
    You are only somewhat off base. Sure, the animation would likely take longer than a latex prop. But # sold is a big factor.

If an animation takes 10 days to build, and you ordered the 10th one, you would be out at day 100 to get your prop.
    If a latex prop can be built in 1 day, but you ordered the 100th one, then you'd still be out at 100 days.

Of course, it's far more complicated than that, because companies make a mix of props, not a single prop in most cases. These aren't usually sitting in inventory, they are made to order, and lots of people buy them, so you aren't the only one waiting.
    sigpic

There are three rules to designing a haunt. Unfortunately, nobody knows what they are.

Haunt: www.ScarecrowTheater.com

Comment

Working...
    X