Salvage yards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salvage yards

Am I just unfortunate to only have car junk yards or am I missing something. Do you remember a show on the Learning Channel called junkyard wars....that salvage yard had everything imaginable....do those really exist and I can't find one or was that just something the show setup?
    Greg Salyers
    Fear Entertainment

No, your not unfortunate, maybe you live in a city/state that don't have salvage yards. I know I dont have any around. I have scrap metal yards and car junk yards as well.

I watch Mythbusters and they go to Salvage yards all the time. Man, I wish I lived in Cali so I could go to one. Damn that would be fun. I would spend the whole day looking at stuff. Man, I wish there was one around me.

Comment

There can be airplane salvage yards but the prices are very high for every little thing I have been told.
      I used to have a Thursday night auction ten miles from here that I regularly attended , always finding strange items for almost nothing.
      To be in the right place at the right time for this kind of "Luck" requires being at auctions, salvage yards and driving down the street early on garbage day.
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

IF we are famous for salvage yards, the only one I remember is Cleveland Wrecking Company in Los Angeles and I think they are long gone. I will have to look around for local one. Got plenty of toys and props as it is though
        The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

I just went to an airplane salvage yard here in Illinois. I bought, more or less, a whole plane in pieces for under $600. I thought that was really reasonable. I got a nose section, a tail section in three pieces, two wings, and some twisted junk from a pile they had. We are going to paint it up and use it as part of an event I am helping with. We're simulating a plane crash. I'll post some pics when we get it ready, but it will be a few months.
          Kip Polley
          www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
          We Engineer Fear

Comment

Kip,

Sounds Like a cool idea to do a plane crash in your haunt. I can't wait to see PICTURES!

Brian

Comment

20 years ago I could not find any reasonably priced plane parts, that is why I have a crashed "UFO" on the roof of my cupola.
              Wings and tail fin, a little landing gear on a 1950 Hudson 4-door and a flame shooter out it's butt and "Whalah!"
              "Yes, it's been there for many years, it's invisibility cloak just recently failed , now you see it, before you didn't!"
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I LOVED JUNKYARD WARS!!! Now I don't get that channel any more
                Slash
                "If you fail to plan, plan to fail"

Comment

It is not on the air anymore....I never missed it, it was a great show......BUT I WANT THEIR JUNKYARD :P
                  Greg Salyers
                  Fear Entertainment

Comment

I have alot of "Junk" in my sideyard, one time a young couple stopped and looked and visited with me about the art I create from this junk.
                    "I do stuff like you do, but for some reason , your stuff always looks better than my stuff." He said.
                    "You just need a bigger pile to pick through!" I told him.(wishing to encourage him rather than to discourage him from his art.)
                    Of course having "Junk" around draws unfavorable words from some pretty, perfect people.....my place is zoned commercial and most of my yard is behind visual barriers AND my place is located behind the storefronts, surrounded by parking lots and a woods and a river.
                    If someone doesn't like to see my place they never have to turn the corner and drive passed here!
                    Only the city street crew, the garbage men and the beer and food delivery drivers HAVE to drive passed my place, and none of them seem to find offense!
                    Of course since I opened 20 years ago I am the biggest man-made tourist attraction in this county. It's a small county. Not much going on here.
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                    X