How to create this set?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to create this set?????

I was wondering if anyone knows how to create this set... I think its cool and would love to put this in my haunt.

Thanks

Geoff

please click on file below to see what I am talking about

haunt set.pdf
    Last edited by Trail of Terror; 04-17-2012, 04:41 PM.

That is actually very very very very very simple. You are talking about a couple mirrors and maybe to make what you just saw there better a cool torso piece. Im sure someone can explain it line by line but that is just too easy to create.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Distortions used to sell these.
      I will work on a diagram for you, but I have to get youtube wed shot first.
      Allen H
      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
        That is actually very very very very very simple. You are talking about a couple mirrors and maybe to make what you just saw there better a cool torso piece. Im sure someone can explain it line by line but that is just too easy to create.

Larry
        This was outside and you could walk right up to it and still couldn't tell how it was done

Comment

I knew you would know... I appreciate it... you have been very helpful to me and I thank you for that

Originally posted by Allen H View Post
          Distortions used to sell these.
          I will work on a diagram for you, but I have to get youtube wed shot first.
          Allen H

Comment

here you go

http://youtu.be/mvKufAN1blU

Comment

Deathstate, that is prety close, but the key is the partial cube box he is in. Mirrors are involved. let me know if this helps.
              mirror illusion.jpg

Comment

Yeup. That's similar to the Spill your Guts illusion. One of my all time favorites. I'll be building mine this year! FINALLY! I haven't built one before.

This mirror setup is the basis for MANY illusions. Use your imagination and you can come up with a lot of stuff, from seeing through underside of tables to showing empty boxes before pulling something out (which is actually only one mirror, but still same basis. It reflects the side of the box.

Comment

i looked really hard at this one and I didn't see any mirrors... plus it was out side... I was thinking it just had a hole the guy was coming out.. but you could look and see empty space behind the spine

Thanks for the info... I will give this a try..

I appreciate everyones help

Geoff

Deathstate, that is prety close, but the key is the partial cube box he is in. Mirrors are involved. let me know if this helps.
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]12713[/ATTACH]
                  Last edited by Trail of Terror; 04-18-2012, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Trust me, this is how it was done. it was a purchased unit. you dont see the mirrors because they are reflecting the sides. that is why the sides of the box are there.
                    Outside or inside it does not matter, you wont see the mirrors.

Comment

Mirrors

I have one of these and you can not see the mirrors no matter how close you are. Like Allen said if the sides were not there the whole effect would not work. You have to be a little careful if it is very dusty etc. so that the mirrors do not get dirty and make sure that you be careful at the way you light the box so that the light doesn't show in the mirror. It's easy and effective. You can paint it different and change it into something new every year. Mine is painted for a clown right now, we are remaking it into a voo-doo witch doctor this year.

Comment

Cool thanks.. Do you have any pictures of yours you wouldn't mind sharing with me..

Originally posted by SCfearfarm View Post
                        I have one of these and you can not see the mirrors no matter how close you are. Like Allen said if the sides were not there the whole effect would not work. You have to be a little careful if it is very dusty etc. so that the mirrors do not get dirty and make sure that you be careful at the way you light the box so that the light doesn't show in the mirror. It's easy and effective. You can paint it different and change it into something new every year. Mine is painted for a clown right now, we are remaking it into a voo-doo witch doctor this year.

Comment

i trust you Allen. you haven't lead me wrong yet... been a great help.. I will try to post pictures as I make it, to get feedback..

Trust me, this is how it was done. it was a purchased unit. you dont see the mirrors because they are reflecting the sides. that is why the sides of the box are there.
                          Outside or inside it does not matter, you wont see the mirrors.

Comment

I thought I recognized it, the pic you posted I think is from ripley's in gatlinburg TN?
                            gatlinburg-attractions_s10.jpg
                            can you see the workings better?

Comment

you are correct... it is from Ripley's in TN... was there on vaction a couple of weeks ago... So they are using mirrors?

I thought I recognized it, the pic you posted I think is from ripley's in gatlinburg TN?
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]12714[/ATTACH]
                              can you see the workings better?

Comment

Working...
                              X