Marketing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marketing question

I thought I heard The general rule $3.00 per every expected guest. That info has to be in here somewhere but I couldn’t find it in a search. ALSO How do you break it up This year it looks like ill spend $3000 on 6 billboards, $3000 on radio $500 on staff shirts, $500 on flyers and a hundred or so on public appearances. That’s the bulk of it anyway. Keep in mind things have a tendency to be cheaper here in the mid west. Pop in my city is around 50,000 so we are a small venue. and thanks for the help guys!!!

$5,000 gets you 1 billboard for a month out here, depends on your region. Stuff out on the east coast is more expensive.

Comment

Marketing

In my opinion there is no "set price" per person like some people will tell you. I know some people will argue the fact, but I do all of my own marketing for 5 different businesses and there are just some things that are effective and some that are not. For instance if you said I want 5000 people to come to my haunt, some people say I need to spend 15000 dollars to get them....and you spend it all in the newspaper.....chances are 5000 people WILL NOT COME. Because the newspapers are just about dead. Think about it....people are not doing without news and information, they are just getting it all online. You may take 3000 dollars and spend it online and get 3000 people to come. Facebook is free and its a great way to advertise! How many teenagers- young adults have XM radio, Ipods, Iphones, or Pandora in their car? Almost ALL! So, are they even listening to your expensive radio ads? So....you just have to look at your target audience and who you want to come and make sure that they see or hear your ad somehow. Honestly, if the numbers you gave are your actual numbers and that is your total advertising budget then #1 I wish I could billboards that cheap! haha and #2 you might want to reconsider radio for internet advertising because I don't see it listed. Now, I'm not saying cheap out on your advertising and you may only get one person for every 3 dollars spent.....so spend as much as you possibly can on advertising.....just spend it on effective advertising to get better results. Hope this helps.

Comment

WOW! In our town, I'm going to be paying $350 per month each for 3 or 5 locations for billboards!!

Guess I should buy more? lol.

Comment

If your in a less populated area radio is more bang for the buck. In my area putting up a $5000 billboard which is slammed in middle of morning and evening commuter traffic might be worth my money too.

Comment

good stuff

[#2 you might want to reconsider radio for internet advertising because I don't see it listed

THANKS...Great input; we do have close to a 1000 friends on our face book and growing and the radio puts us on their website as well but we could do more.

at TW someone talked about taking a photos of customers and the customer had to friend you to get it then it was framed with your logo. i would like to get more info on that.
            Also were giving $1.00 off coupons to lots of local charities, every coupon redeemed is a dollar donated to that charity.

Comment

I think that number of $3 a patron was floated by Leonard sometime back. I've seen plenty of other scenarios which would put that number much lower.

Also, have you ever heard of "guerilla marketing"?

C.

Comment

Contact www.pixelpushersinc.com for your flyers. Great prices and fast turnaround on great quality.
                Sean Hughes - National Sales Manager
                sean@pixelpushersinc.com
                312.613.7326 Mobile
                847.550.6560 X 102 Office
                844.44.PIXEL X 102 Toll Free

www.pixelpushersinc.com - The nations leading printing and design company for the haunted industry.

Comment

Originally posted by BrotherMysterio View Post
                  I think that number of $3 a patron was floated by Leonard sometime back. I've seen plenty of other scenarios which would put that number much lower.

Also, have you ever heard of "guerilla marketing"?

C.
                  With today's generation of teens and college kids which are the bread and butter you need to understand a FB business page backwards and forwards an read it HOURLY if not every 15mins. There are haunts already selling tickets and it's April.

Comment

If you want a quote in flyers or any other marketing materials shoot me an email. We will work you are great deal.
                    Joshua
                    www.hauntedprints.com
                    info?hauntedprints.com

Comment

Originally posted by HauntedPaws View Post
                      With today's generation of teens and college kids which are the bread and butter you need to understand a FB business page backwards and forwards an read it HOURLY if not every 15mins. There are haunts already selling tickets and it's April.
                      Correct, and FB marketing is free if you do it yourself (assuming you're not doing FB's ppc service). Stuff like social media marketing definitely falls under the category of guerrilla marketing.

Comment

Marketing has changed so much over the past decade its sick... I think billboards will become more valuable as radio and tv become less relaiable. However the web is the #1 form of marketing going forward and I can't imagine anything taking its place in the foreseeable future. Your marketing dollar should start with having the best website you can afford, best graphics you can afford, because people now make a purchase based almost strictly on what they see on your website. So even if you don't have a single hit to your site or even before you get one person to your website you must have the best website possible.

Period. Start your marketing THERE... then go from THERE!

In relation to having a great website you need great artwork so that my come before getting a great website... either way that is what I would do first.

Larry
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President
                        www.HalloweenProductions.com
                        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

This is my first year opening a pro haunt - but I'm definitely not new to business or marketing. I own an Aamco (auto repair shop) in virginia that's a national franchise - Aamco has put hundreds of thousands of dollars in research that says billboards are hands down the worst money spent. I know it's a completely different kind of market, do you folks see a lot of return off money spent on billboards???
                          Good deals with : brad, smiley, capt. chaos, fables studios

www.fearthegallows.com

Comment

I think haunted house billboards have the ability to grab your attrition a bit better than most industries just because of the subject matter. The last two years they ranked 2nd for us just behind radio in my small rural community when I ask how did you hear about us. the Web was 3rd and flyers on pizza boxes was 4th. we are really stepping up our social media this year.

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
                              Marketing has changed so much over the past decade its sick... I think billboards will become more valuable as radio and tv become less relaiable. However the web is the #1 form of marketing going forward and I can't imagine anything taking its place in the foreseeable future. Your marketing dollar should start with having the best website you can afford, best graphics you can afford, because people now make a purchase based almost strictly on what they see on your website. So even if you don't have a single hit to your site or even before you get one person to your website you must have the best website possible.

Period. Start your marketing THERE... then go from THERE!

In relation to having a great website you need great artwork so that my come before getting a great website... either way that is what I would do first.

Larry
                              Larry is 1000% correct. You could have all the free press in the world, if they go to your site and it looks like a 5yr old made it, it doesn't matter. The website is the first exposure to your "product" the guest gets. If they like what the website shows them they're more app to come. It's the same with retail websites, if you go a crappy one you automatically question if it's legit. Most radio stations have a strong website too and you can do games, scratch & win on their website as part of the ad package. Quite a few people listen to the radio on the web as opposed to via the radio. Spend the cash on the website for sure and don't be afraid to counter their price. If the web developer is Brainstorm, or Rogue they're more app to help you get started because you need them every year and it's more accounts for them. Granted they might not make as much but they'll make residuals on your annually as you change and update info. Less to start but more easy updates and fixes for them down the road.

Originally posted by Cliff View Post
                              I think haunted house billboards have the ability to grab your attrition a bit better than most industries just because of the subject matter. The last two years they ranked 2nd for us just behind radio in my small rural community when I ask how did you hear about us. the Web was 3rd and flyers on pizza boxes was 4th. we are really stepping up our social media this year.
                              In CT we have video billboards now. The same huge size but with movement in some cases.
                              Last edited by HauntedPaws; 04-20-2012, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X