can it be done????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can it be done????

Ok….. I have always wanted one of my actors to craw up a wall or across a ceiling but cant figure out a way to do it and make it look real. I just saw it on “the Messengers” maybe I need to think in terms of an illusion. What do you guys think can ether one work?

It can be done,
    We have a rig worked out using our track system and prone harness. This would not be so easy to climb up a wall but easy to have an actor looking like he is climbing across the ceiling. However it is not easy to have an actor hanging upside down for very long.
    We designed a character that looked bat/humanoid like something from.
    "Descent" and "Descent 2"
    Kevin R. Alvey
    info at gore-galore.com
    www.gore-galore.com
    www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
    www.youtube.com/goregalore13
    www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

i was going to try a barn door track and a climing harness this year but was hoping for a better idea. like you, i dont think an actor could do it for 5 hours.

Comment

this could work

It would depend on how much you want to spend or if you have an area in your building you could do this but with mirrors on the walls and reflective material on the ceiling I think scareproducts sells it! You could do this. Send me your address in a pm and I could draw up the plans and mail it to you. No wires needed!
        Damon
        Frightmasters
        Damon Carson

Comment

Barn door track tends to unfold itself under the weight of a person... the part that holds the roller assembly will bend until the wheel falls out. All types of track can also slip right out of the hanging brackets under too heavy of a load (especially the round track.)

There are a lot of other options... I-beam and trolley or zipline to name a few. All have their potential safety issues.

The key is to have a competent person build and install any systems that will support a human being. And you must also have a competent person use the contraption. Stupidity and/or laziness will inevitably lead to somebody getting hurt.
          Spinning Tunnels www.spinningtunnel.com

Comment

One more safety issue to take into consideration...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suspension_trauma
            Spinning Tunnels www.spinningtunnel.com

Comment

Working...
            X