Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing The Zombie Truck - Our 2012 Haunted House Promo Vehicle

Hey Guys,

I have spent the last 2 months building this project in secrecy and tommorow is the day that we release it to the online world! Im pretty excited, so I wanted to share the photos with my fellow haunters first to get their input.

Here is an excerpt from our website, just to give some background info:

"The Zombie Truck was a project I came up with not just because I am a fan of all things horror and Halloween, but because I thought it had the potential to be admired and appreciated by zombie and horror lovers around the world. If a tens of millions of people will tune into You Tube to see a dancing baby or a poorly narrated nature documentary on honey badgers, why the heck wouldn't they want to see a real life zombie disposal vehicle? Of course, we don't really need a Zombie Truck (yet that is!), but wouldn't it be cool to see what one would look like if the zombie apocalypse ever actually came?

The Zombie Truck also has a secondary purpose, which is to be a promotional vehicle for The Haunted House of Horrors, one of Ontario's best haunted attractions. The Haunted House of Horrors is a haunted attraction in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada and scares thousands of people throughout the month of October each year. For the past three years the Haunted House Of Horrors has instilled fear into tens of thousands of people in Guelph, Cambridge and Kitchener. The Zombie Truck is an ideal promotional tool to take to drive around the area and take to local events in order to promote and grow the attendance of our haunted house. "

Here is a list of features and modifications:

> 1991 Suzuki Carry Japanese Mini Truck
    > 660CC 3 Cyl Carbureted Engine (45hp)
    > 4 Speed Manual Transmission
    > 6x4x6 Metal Cage With Gate
    > WW2 Style Gatling Gun
    > Decapitating Front Rake
    > Emergency Lighting Bar
    > Siren w/ Zombie Sounds
    > Full Sized Zombie Figures
    > Arsenal Of Fake Weaponry
    > Rear Zombie Emergency Kit
    > Zombie Bait Cooler w/Brains
    > “Gangrene” Paint Job
    > 13” Custom Bio Hazard Rims
    > Camo Interior Upholstery
    > Bedliner Coated Interior
    > Zombie Tracking GPS
    > Audio / Lighting Controller
    > Emergency Zombie Bite Kit
    > Perma Blood Accents
    > Zombie Catch Pole
    > Zombie Truck Graphics
    > ZOMBTRUK License Plate

You can checkout the website here for a complete collection of photos of the truck as well as the build process: http://www.ZombieTruck.com, also make sure you "Like" our facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/ZombieTruck/

Let me know what you guys think!

DSC_6290.JPG

DSC_6298.JPG

DSC_6302.JPG

DSC_6303.JPG

DSC_6305.JPG
    Shawn
    Fear Engineer
    HauntedHouse.ca

That's Awesome! I can see my Kansas Zombie Response Team is gonna need a truck like that.

Comment

Thats cool man. The thing is, that's not a CHEAP truck either! Well, not around here anyways. Due to all the duck and deer hunters, even farmers, those things in our neighborhood? We don't see them less than $6,500 usually and that's not in a great shape one either!

Cool truck man, I like it a lot. Does the gun do anything? I didn't get to read the whole post. I may have missed it.

Dewayne

Comment

Yeah, the price is pretty much the same where i am for the mini trucks, $5500-$7000. The modifications to this one cost way more than the truck though! Lol.

The gun is just static, a replica prop built by the creative team over at http://www.hauntedhousecreations.com, the same guys who built the full sized zombies.
        Shawn
        Fear Engineer
        HauntedHouse.ca

Comment

Pardon my French, but that is f'ing badass! My crew and I are die hard zombie fans, which our haunt theme is based from start to finish. I was not expecting your zombie truck to be the little Suzuki but that turned out awesome! BIG THUMBS UP for all the hard work you put into that thing! Very clean looking.

We're working on something very similar with a early 90's Toyota pickup or Jeep Cherokee. Plans are already to rock and roll as it will also serve two purposes, the promo vehicle for our upcoming season and for other zombie enthusiasts to admire. We've already got a custom plate picked out too.

Again, well done!

How far are you from Buffalo? We'd love to see that in person.
          District of the Dead Haunted House & Morbid Entertainment

http://www.BuffaloFear.com
          http://www.MorbidEntertainment.com

Comment

Great work. Love the remote controlled fully auto .50 cal BMG drum rifle. Post a shot straight on the rear of the vehicle please.

AND with the lights going!

oops, sorry didn't see the link to the balance of the photos - will go there to see the rest!

Comment

Checked out your website, liked the Zombie Truck Facebook page, added it to our haunt's page too. Video was a riot!
              District of the Dead Haunted House & Morbid Entertainment

http://www.BuffaloFear.com
              http://www.MorbidEntertainment.com

Comment

HordeOfUndead,

Thanks for the support man! Glad you like it. Im out of Guelph, so its 2 hours from Buffalo. However the vehicle will be on display this weekend at the National Haunters Convention in Pittsburgh.

Hopefully it gives you a few ideas an inspiration for the truck you are building
                Shawn
                Fear Engineer
                HauntedHouse.ca

Comment

That's pretty damn cool, attach some paint ball gunsno the side of the cage and drive around town shooting people up!
                  Joshua
                  www.hauntedprints.com
                  info?hauntedprints.com

Comment

Saw this on Haunt Ventures yesterday - so cool!

Comment

Love, Love......

Love it!!!!! Awsome, new, different, and fresh!!! Shane and it's you have my seal of approval! Shane
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks Shane! Means a lot to have the Shane seal of approval!
                        Shawn
                        Fear Engineer
                        HauntedHouse.ca

Comment

great idea!

That is a real attention getter! This will definately draw people to your haunt. Is the zombie animated? Sorry I didn't read the whole thread.
                          Damon
                          Frightmasters
                          Damon Carson

Comment

Hey Damon,

The zombies are not animated, they are static. Primarily due to the lack of place for an air compressor and tank on the vehicle, as well as not wanting to leave costly animations out to get rained on :-)

They were made by the team over at HauntedHouseCreations.com
                            Shawn
                            Fear Engineer
                            HauntedHouse.ca

Comment

Very nice media exposure...

http://www.timesunion.com/business/p...ng-3523616.php
                              Joshua
                              www.hauntedprints.com
                              info?hauntedprints.com

Comment

Working...
                              X