Questions About Foam Latex Prosthetics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions About Foam Latex Prosthetics

I've heard a lot of good things about the foam latex prosthetics you can get at places like Scream Team. I've seen some videos as well, and they look very impressive. I've got a few questions about them. 1. How durable are they? How many times will I be able to use one? 2. Will the adhesive you use keep it stuck to your face all night, despite sweat? 3. I'm not much of an artist, so are they very difficult to paint? Do you know any good places that sell pre painted ones? 4. I know these are far less expensive than a silicone mask, but you also have to continually buy the adhesive to use it. In the end, is it worth it to shell out for the adhesive, or should I just use a good silicone mask, and not buy any adhesive? Is there anything else I should think about before buying one? Thanks!

This company Has some cool stuff..

http://www.fxfaces.com/items/fx-face...tics/list5.htm

The last few on this page are silicone which are Pre-painted and they can be worn a few times with glue. I stuck ours to a pull over sock mask so it can be worn for a few seasons.

Peter T
    FS
    Last edited by FablesStudios; 05-09-2012, 11:36 PM.
    Fables Studios
    Your Home For Horror

www.FablesStudios.com
    https://www.facebook.com/FablesStudios

Comment

You put it over a sock mask? That sounds interesting. Did you still get as good movement out of it? What type of glue did you use to do it? What type of sock mask was best for something like that?

Comment

1. How durable are they? How many times will I be able to use one?
        This really depends on how you treat them. They do break down over time, but if you take care of them, you can easily get a full season if not a couple out of one piece.

2. Will the adhesive you use keep it stuck to your face all night, despite sweat?
        There are several different methods to adhering appliances as well as a couple products to help decrease the amount of sweat on your face.

3. I'm not much of an artist, so are they very difficult to paint? Do you know any good places that sell pre painted ones?
        Depends on how picky you are. You can get pre-painted pieces but I've found them to be lesser quality that if I were to do it myself. When I paint mine I use grease paint - If it doesn't turn out, you can actually wash out the appliance with a mild detergent and warm water.

4. I know these are far less expensive than a silicone mask, but you also have to continually buy the adhesive to use it. In the end, is it worth it to shell out for the adhesive, or should I just use a good silicone mask, and not buy any adhesive?
        It's all relative. If you have the money for a silicon mask, by all means go ahead and get one. They're faster, they'll last longer, and may look better than the appliance counterpart. However, if you don't have the budget, there's absolutely nothing wrong with appliances. Though, they do take time to apply, paint, and remove every night.

Is there anything else I should think about before buying one?
        I don't recommend getting anything from Scream Team. They have AMAZING pieces, but have been known to give terrible customer service in the past. (Speaking from experience.)
        Zach Wiechmann
        www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

As far as sock masks, you can still get relatively good motion and don't have to worry about adhesives. Allen H did a great step by step tutorial on how to create a sock mask. Check it out:

http://youtu.be/jDmwJ85u1uM
          Zach Wiechmann
          www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

Working...
          X