Jaws for Harry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jaws for Harry

Jaws was closed folks... the classic ride is gone forever. Universal is building a new Harry Potter ride in the Universal side of Universal Studios and its going where Jaws was. That sucks I loved that ride... funny how time just rolls on. Who will miss Jaws?

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Ya it closed in january, one of the classics forever gone. Except they did manage to re-purpose the hanging jaws shark to another location in the park. Amity is nothing but a giant pile of dirt now.

Kale

Comment

Jaws

Glad my kids were able to ride it a couple of years ago.. It was a good adventurous ride...

Comment

I wonder if they are going to sell the sets or animated sharks or something. Anyone know. Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Also, as of now, harry potter taking that space is just a rumor. Universal hasn't spoken on what will replace it.

Comment

Loved that ride!

Yeah that ride has a soft spot for me.
            My dad did the voice/scream of the fisherman being capsized in the small boat : (
            sigpic
            PEACE, ADAM
            www.poisonprops.com

Comment

That's a damn shame. The Jaws ride was a classic. Outdated, but a Classic.
              Joshua
              www.hauntedprints.com
              info?hauntedprints.com

Comment

Piss.........

Piss on Harry Potter! Shane and it's I hate thoes suckie movies! Shane
                sigpic

Comment

Yeah I dont think they are replacing Jaws with HP. Pretty sure that expansion is replacing the Lost Continent. Either way, Jaws was a classic that alot of folks hated to see go.
                  Nate Mitchell|creative consultant
                  [n8 creative studios]

Comment

I think I read it was going to a Universal Studios over seas.

Comment

Harry Potter expansion set to include Gringotts, replace Jaws

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/fea...lace-jaws.html
                      Joshua
                      www.hauntedprints.com
                      info?hauntedprints.com

Comment

the company I work for built that ride. I would love to get into that division of Oceaneering, but that would require me to move to maryland.

Comment

I liked Jaws but it was getting dated, this potter expansion should be really impressive!

Comment

This is very old news.....

Comment

Jaws & Halloween Horror Nights

It was because of the failure of the Jaws ride when the park first opened that Halloween Horror Nights got its start. The ride did not work right and had to be closed and redone so a radio station asked to put a haunted house in the Q. The event was called Fright Nights and had the one haunted house that had two endings, you had to choose what door you took at the end. The event was a hit and Universal then started Halloween Horror Nights all because the Jaws ride failed to work right. Jaws will be misssed but has left behind a great Halloween event.
                              Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Working...
                              X