Indoor chainsaw alternatives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom View Post
    $100 or less for a nice size amp (hook up to the recorder/player)
    How big and where is it located?

Screaming Patrons - priceless . . .
    Always.

C.

Comment

I found a Kustom bass amp at a pawn shop with two 15" speakers and an equalizer for around $80. Craigslist may also have them in your area. Ebay is another good source. Pawn shops are a better option if you can try them out prior to purchasing.
      Tom
      Creator of the Dungeon
      WWW.BRICKTOWNAMUSEMENT.COM

Comment

I found a Kustom bass amp at a pawn shop with two 15" speakers and an equalizer for around $80. Craigslist may also have them in your area. Ebay is another good source. Pawn shops are a better option if you can try them out prior to purchasing.
        And they were located in the hallway or room about where the chainsaw would be?

C.

Comment

Originally posted by BrotherMysterio View Post
          And they were located in the hallway or room about where the chainsaw would be?

C.
          Yes, I had it covered in black cloth so it couldn't be seen. We had several strobes in the area too so it didn't seem to matter to the screamin patrons
          Tom
          Creator of the Dungeon
          WWW.BRICKTOWNAMUSEMENT.COM

Comment

We too had failures with the electronic chainsaw prop. It worked so-so for a year, then started acting up and eventually it was just dead. We gave up on it and managed to get permission to run a real saw. In the dark, the fake one looked alright, but the sound just wasn't great, even cranked all the way up it was barely louder than the music in the house.

Comment

Chainsaw

John at Spookyprops is a real class act. He truly knows his product and he backs his product.
              I have approached this situation with indoor chainsaw room before, and this is what I would suggest:

Use the on board sound, but mix your own track, with screams, and pump it through a surround system. Back it with a loww frequency rumble, and let it vibrate the room.
              Pump a bit of smoke, puffs to give the feel of exhuast. Add FOG SCents from froggy's to it give it a smell of gas fumes burning. I like the BBQ or Gun Powder scents best. Yep, I think these work better.
              I have used fast dissapating fluids, it shouldn't be smokey.
              I also want to experiment with shock skins from Oak Island/Onadira. That will keep the the kiddies from seeking solace on the walls!
              If you can afford it, elevate floor with Buttkicker dampers and let the audio shake and vibrate the room. They don't call em Buttkickers for nothing.Call Stan at Digital Sound and Light, he can engineer this for you and supply equipment.
              An excellent Audio Engineer is Adam From Poison Props, he's an Ememy winner. A true engineer knows the frequency responses to activate the human response!
              Lastly, the most important for me is to set the scene with one of Kip's Video effects called Chainsaw. It shows a poor soul getting sawed up real good and the live action actor with chainsaw comes out and the chase begins. Earlier an actual fake chainsaw blade pops out of the wall to startle people.

Yeh, I know its an expensive wish list, but Chainsaws are king, until people are scared shitless by Sonic Care toothbrushes.

8 years ago at TW, I saw a 6' 6'" guy with a shirt, it read:

Chainsaw- $ 199.00
              Leather Mask- $ 39.99
              Chasing Teenage Girls all over Ohio, PRICELESS!!
              Listen to them, Children of the night. Oh what music they make.

Comment

I have .. I think 3 left. They worked for the scare. We had a bunch of chainsaw Elvis and you can see in the photo that this one is covered in electric tape because a sub actor smashed it against the wall... still ran.. and looks good enough in low light.

Comment

Working...
                X