Hauntcon 2012 Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hauntcon 2012 Photos

Anyone attend Hauntcon 2012? Post some photos and reviews.
    Joshua
    www.hauntedprints.com
    info?hauntedprints.com

Yeah I was hoping to see some pics too, usually sees ton by now.

Jake

Comment

During the show, I was uploading these to Flickr for everyone to view. I'll be posting the special "Haunt Brief" HAuNTcon coverage video by this weekend for everyone to enjoy our interviews and special events from the show! Until then, enjoy the photos...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hauntersdigest
      News and event coverage from directly inside the Haunt Industry - http://www.hauntersdigest.com
      Get a Website and/or Mobile App for Your Attraction - http://www.charlesterry.com

Comment

Anyone go on the thursday pre show haunt tour?

How was ghost lake? Thoughts/ Comments?

Comment

Based on the pictures only, it looks like Hauntcon 2012 was down this year. I didn't see any large displays or much of a crowd. Wonder if National Haunters Convention affected attendance since it was the same weekend, in the same state. Well they were 5 hours apart, but still.

I remember Hauntcon 2007 and 2008, those were good shows.
          Joshua
          www.hauntedprints.com
          info?hauntedprints.com

Comment

Originally posted by RobfromErie View Post
            Anyone go on the thursday pre show haunt tour?

How was ghost lake? Thoughts/ Comments?
            Ghost Lake was okay, not my favorite out of the haunts on the pre-show tour. The park itself is awesome, it's a real, old run-down amusement park with real interesting buildings around the whole property. I believe there's 8 elements to the event, we toured 4 of them as well as an old wooden roller coaster. The haunts were very dark (1 being a fog/darkess maze) so it was hard to see much, but the actors were pretty high energy at least.

If you're looking for pics/videos, I know the people from Haunt Ventures were there all weekend. They uploaded a ton of video's to www.youtube.com/HAuNTcon , I think the pictures are going to be going up soon.
            Mike Quill
            Fear Town Haunted House

Comment

Originally posted by Haunted Prints (EOM) View Post
              Based on the pictures only, it looks like Hauntcon 2012 was down this year. I didn't see any large displays or much of a crowd. Wonder if National Haunters Convention affected attendance since it was the same weekend, in the same state. Well they were 5 hours apart, but still.

I remember Hauntcon 2007 and 2008, those were good shows.
              The photos that I posted from the vendor floor were pretty early the start of Saturday. I wanted to try to get photos of the vendors booths before the crowds started in so you can see the products they were vending clearly and I could get to my booth in time. So please don't use that as a gauge of crowd turnout as it represent 30 mins before the tradeshow floor opened. Speaking as a vendor, I was busy and the people around my booth always had someone talking with them. So from my perspective, it was a busy show. And the seminars always appeared to have a ton of people in them. Speaking with some of the speakers, they were really happy about the turnout's with their sessions.

As for the costume party, that seemed to be a good turnout and a good time for everyone. Including the people the people that just happen to have their own event during the same time as the costume party. There was some kind of 50th Wedding Anniversary or something directly next to the costume party and it was funny watching the faces of the 60+ old couples having to pass the zombies and the Grim Reaper that was walking by. I also was able to grab video of a clown scaring the teens of this, I believe was a sweet 16 party, all the way into the parking lot of the hotel. I'm posting footage of that in the next episode of "The Haunt Brief" for everyone to enjoy.

Personally, after speaking with vendors, speakers and attendees, I think the show went great and everyone that attended had a bast. I never heard anything negative about the show or anyone's experience visiting the show. I was curious to know what happened at National's convention and if they enjoyed that show. I haven't heard anything about it or seen any photos of it posted by anyone here or on Facebook which makes me think that they must not had that good of a turnout. If you went to the show, please post your thoughts on it and any photos from the floor. I'm curious to see how it went.
              Last edited by MovieRelics; 05-08-2012, 04:40 PM.
              News and event coverage from directly inside the Haunt Industry - http://www.hauntersdigest.com
              Get a Website and/or Mobile App for Your Attraction - http://www.charlesterry.com

Comment

Working...
              X