Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hauntcon 2013??

What's the word on Hauntcon 2013??

If he is smart he will move it to an are of the county that doesn't already have other great haunt shows.

Maybe Dallas, Arizona or Cali?
    Joshua
    www.hauntedprints.com
    info?hauntedprints.com

Comment

It was in Dallas in 2005...AZ would be cool (or warm)...
      Nate Mitchell|creative consultant
      [n8 creative studios]

Comment

As Horace Greeley said "Go West Young Man"
        Gary
        Midnight Evil Productions
        www.MidnightEvil.com
        Owner/Operator of www.CoffinCreek.com/
        www.Twitter.com/CoffinCreek

Comment

Florida

I know haunt con was in Orlando in 2010 but it would still be cool
          Chris Riehl
          Sales@spookyfinder.com
          (586)209-6935
          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

There is a show out west already

Ed Roberts
            West Coast Haunt Convention
            1000 NE Multnomah Street, Portland, Oregon, 97232
            (503)884-7925
            E: westcoasthauntcon@gmail.com
            W: www.westcoasthauntersconvention.com

Billion Dollar Industry Hosts Convention on West Coast

Proceeds benefit West Coast Haunters Foundation

Portland, Oregon –The 2012 West Coast Haunters Convention will be held June 1-3
            Doubletree Hotel Lloyd Center

What Comic-Con International is to the comics industry, haunt conventions are to the haunted attraction industry, an industry that (unlike comics) comes front-loaded with billions of dollars in advertising each Halloween. This event attracts a niche of Halloween enthusiasts and haunt owners who seek education, tips, ideas, social interaction, and networking with others in the haunt industry.

The WCHC is the only haunters’ convention west of St. Louis and will take place in Oregon for the 3rd consecutive year. The WCHC is thrilled to announce two keynote speakers for 2012: Mike Krausert from Cutting Edge Scenic Design and New England's Spooky World, and more recently The Fear at Fenway Park; and Ed and Marsha Edmunds, owners of Distortions Unlimited and the stars of the Travel Channel show Making Monsters. Convention highlights include a haunt tour and dinner Friday night; a costume ball on Saturday night, sponsored by Dark Light Precision Lighting Systems; a hearse car rally featuring cars from around the Northwest, and other events throughout the weekend.

Tickets are $40 for all three days and $20 for individual days when purchased in advance or $45 and $25 at the door. Tickets to the Halloween ball are $20 in advance ($25 at door). Tickets to the Friday Night Haunt Tour are $35 and include transportation and dinner.

Education at the West Coast Haunters Convention is paramount. Classes and workshops will take place daily, with over 50 hours of
            topics related to all areas of haunting and haunted houses. Classes are free with paid admission to the tradeshow/convention.

This year’s tradeshow floor will feature some of the top vendors in the industry and the new Home Haunter’s Headquarters. The
            Doubletree Hotel location allows the tradeshow to double in size over previous years.

Ed Roberts, of The Nightmare Factory, a charity haunt for the Oregon School for the Deaf, started the WCHC in 2010. The Nightmare Factory was featured on Extreme Makeover Home Edition, which aired nationally on ABC on Halloween night, 2010.
            The West Coast Haunters Convention started because other conventions were too far away or too costly for Ed to take his students from the School for the Deaf, so he decided to bring the convention to his students, intending to create a haunters convention on the West Coast for all haunters and Halloween fans.

Unique to the West Coast Haunters Convention is that it runs as a nonprofit that contributes to a foundation, providing grants for special education. There will always be workshops and seminars about charity haunting because the convention got its start at the Oregon School for the Deaf. Seminars will be interpreted for any deaf or hard of hearing participants.

All proceeds from the convention will go to the West Coast Haunters Convention Foundation, established to help teachers of both
            deaf and autistic children.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
            For more details, please visit the WCHC web site at www.westcoasthauntersconvention.com.
            If you are an interested vendor - http://www.westcoasthauntersconvention.com/vendors.html
            Class schedules are listed here - http://www.westcoasthauntersconventi.../schedule.html
            Class descriptions are listed here - http://www.westcoasthauntersconventi.../workshop.html
            Register to attend the WCHC here - http://www.westcoasthauntersconventi.../regforms.html

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __

Why come to the WCHC? Here's Why:

Over 40 hours of classes included in the price of admission.
            Costume Ball Saturday night.
            Haunt tour Friday night, dinner included.
            Hearse Car rally on Sunday.
            Haunters Garage Sale on Saturday.
            Tradeshow floor, includes Home Haunt Headquarters.
            Demo stage in tradeshow area.
            Many opportunities to network with other haunters.
            THERE I NO OTHER SHOW LIKE IT ON THE WEST COAST!

3 day pass - $40 online $45 at the door
            Haunt Tour - 35, with dinner
            Hearse rally - $10 entry fee
            Costume Ball - $20 online $25 at the door

All the knowledge you will walkaway with, PRICELESS!
            Ed Roberts
            Founder
            The Nightmare Factory
            www.nightmarefactorysalem.com
            www.westcoasthauntersconvention.com

Comment

I would say Arizona would be cool, or somewhere in Texas (that would be one hell of a pre-show tour!). And even though I live here and already see most of the haunts I think Denver would be kick-ass for a haunt show.
              *Sigh*I can't wait til' October

Comment

The South

He should do Nashville, Birmingham, Atlanta, just southern suggestions but that would be a first ( I think ) Shane and it's did he ever say? Shane!!!
                sigpic

Comment

No he was still talking to all the cities to see who would give the better deal, he asked the vendors where they would like to see HAuNTCON go. But nothing has been confirmed yet
                  Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

I was asking them just the other day at the show before I left and they said there are no decisions yet. I would personally like to see it in the south after it's been north for the past two years. That way we get a chance to see haunts like Shane's Disturbia, Folklore, Netherworld, etc.... Plus, if it's close to Tenn, I get a chance to go to Dollywood and who doesn't want a chance to get to go to Dollywood?!?!
                    News and event coverage from directly inside the Haunt Industry - http://www.hauntersdigest.com
                    Get a Website and/or Mobile App for Your Attraction - http://www.charlesterry.com

Comment

I think and I suggested... New York area. Why? You have a new horror themed place going in Time Square, you have several haunts in the area, you have tons of haunts in New Jersey and Long Island plus McCurdy's place and Headless Horseman are about 2 hours from there. In fact Philly is only about 1 hour or so away as well...

If not there why not the Boston area, hit Haunted Overload, Salem Mass, and all the haunts in that part of the World.

Those are my two suggestions. However I do think hitting the Alabama haunts would be awesome as well

Larry
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President
                      www.HalloweenProductions.com
                      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by graystone View Post
                        He should do Nashville, Birmingham, Atlanta, just southern suggestions but that would be a first ( I think ) Shane and it's did he ever say? Shane!!!
                        Leonard was looking at Memphis, but I had to advise against it for the time being. Nasheville, Birmingham, and Atlanta are better choices right now, unless Memphis builds up more haunts (which is happening...+2 last year vs previous year) and better hotel space.
                        sigpic

There are three rules to designing a haunt. Unfortunately, nobody knows what they are.

Haunt: www.ScarecrowTheater.com

Comment

Memphis doesn't sound good to me not enough haunts... I'm actually going to Memphis this weekend. Any cool haunts there I'll come by this weekend... call me!

Memphis is a very cool place to go ... you got Elvis, lots of Martin Luther King stuff, Sun Studios, Beal Street, lots of fun stuff going on... but doesn't seem like lots of haunts.

Larry
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President
                          www.HalloweenProductions.com
                          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I am all for Atlanta. I would love to see Netherworld.
                            Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Comment

What about in the Carolina's?

Comment

Working...
                              X