Cut actors leg off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cut actors leg off

We are having a problem getting a leg cut off a actor pulled from the crowd and to make it look real i have a table made with a slot cut in it for the real leg of actor to slide in the problem is getting the fake leg in place for us to cut it off any help with this would be great

Originally posted by dreadland View Post
    We are having a problem getting a leg cut off a actor pulled from the crowd and to make it look real i have a table made with a slot cut in it for the real leg of actor to slide in the problem is getting the fake leg in place for us to cut it off any help with this would be great
    Sounds like a party at your place!

C.

Comment

Bend the knee through the table, cut the back of the pant leg from the knee down. Attached a 4x4 under the cut pant leg with a shoe on the bottom. Windshield washer motor in the shoe to move it back and forth, etc
      Like a midget at a urinal, you gotta be on your toes

http://www.wellstownshiphauntedhouse.com

Comment

Did you try this effect last season, and if you did, how did you pull it off?

C.

Comment

no we have never done this yet we are thinking about doing a rotating fake leg that would rotate when actor moved real leg into table cut out the problem is we are pulling this person from the group but the group dont know that they are a part of the act they will be placed into group at the very begining of haunt then selected at this room to be tired down and leg cut off

Comment

Put him in away from the audience and they rotate him to face the audience when removing the leg. You can use mirrors to hide the real leg.

Comment

Man, I think a beheading would be easier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-OXYUSXUEg

Skip to 3:30 We've thought about doing this one. If you make the audience face the front, you wouldn't have to have a shelled jacket on the victim.
              You also don't have to fake the head on the table, just build the guillotine and go from there! If you watch the video, it'll show all the hows and why's.

Dewayne

Your idea sounds cool, but hard to do without planting an op in the crowd. If you did that, any of it's possible. :P

Comment

im not understanding the mirror idea can you better explain jow to pull this off

Comment

im not understanding the mirror idea can you better explain jow to pull this off
                  A mirror is built into part of the set at a 45° angle, hiding a hidden compartment where your body part is stashed. As you would grab the shill from the audience and "wrestle" him into the particular contraption, in the faux scuffle, the real body part is guided into the hidden compartment, while the fake part is switched in.

That being said, I'm not sure if the skit is a good idea.

C.

Comment

Go with the "Chicago" style

Chicago style of special effects. You run an ad, hire a person who only has one leg.
                    I found out about this years ago when I was given a music video by "Dark Theater" in which the lovely maiden steals the Vampire's ring from the bowl of blood, which then withers her hand as her hand leaves the bowl.
                    "NEAT! How was that done?"
                    "We ran an ad for a beautiful girl with one messed up hand, and she came to us."
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I'd rather see this style of skit with an actor and not with an actual guest. Things can go wrong and I'd rather have someone who has been trained to deal with things that go wrong and get a little hurt, then someone who is probably genuinely fighting to get super hurt or destroy your prop.

Personally, I like the Guillotine illusions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHfB5U-M26U

They look the most authentic and don't require a falling board, a special body shell, or anything else to that effect. Just need a person who can do a pushup and a special gaffed blade. All of which can be found in Paul Osborne's book on Halloween Illusions.

Comment

Originally posted by spong8 View Post
                        I'd rather see this style of skit with an actor and not with an actual guest.
                        It's meant to be done with an actor made-up to look like a guest . . . or at least that's what we were led to believe by the OP.

C.

Comment

thanks for all the input this forum is a very useful tool

Comment

Have you considered hiring an actual person with a missing leg? I have a friend who is a below-the-knee-amputee and she regularly gets hired at haunts and zombie walks for a similar effect. I'm doing a photoshoot with her and an 'axe murderess' in a couple weeks.
                            http://www.bigscaryshow.com
                            http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

Originally posted by Badger View Post
                              Have you considered hiring an actual person with a missing leg? I have a friend who is a below-the-knee-amputee and she regularly gets hired at haunts and zombie walks for a similar effect. I'm doing a photoshoot with her and an 'axe murderess' in a couple weeks.
                              Turning lemons into lemonade?

C.

Comment

Working...
                              X