No announcement yet.

OK GOING TO NEED SOME HELP ON THIS ONE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK GOING TO NEED SOME HELP ON THIS ONE!

It's sounds like I will be working for the city building a haunt. As of now our budget will be only $4,000.00. :shock: Not much to work with, but I think that we could get a couple more $$$$$$ from the local Lion's Club.

I will be meeting with them in a week or two to start brainstorming.

I'm not sure, but I am leaning toward doing a small Morgue inside the building, and a cemetery on the outside.

Help

Brian

For a cemetery fence,
    Check out Lowes garden center,They have a low profile fence,that
    looks like an old, rod iron fence, it's 3 foot long sections, runs about
    16.00 a section. I like the size, eazy to store. fast to set up..
    my 2 cents.
    Ghoul Town

Comment

I have seen those fence pieces. I like them to. Little spendy, but we will have to see.

The building to use will work good for a morgue. I picture as soon as you walk in you are greated by the undertaker. There would be some caskets in this room. Next you will go upstairs to the autopsy room and body coolers. Then if there is till some more space there will be a small church or visitation type room. Then yoy leave the morgue to go into the cemetery.

Brian

Comment

..then as the visitors are all relaxed and settled in the organ donor crew descends upon the hapless corpse and begins their ripping , yanking and sawing(always in a big hurry, you know!)
        Sound defects for this would be crunching sounds and sounds like sticks breaking(bones and joints)
        then the organ crew takes the 1/2 inch pvc pipes from their bag and replaces the deceased's legs with these.
        Then as the crew are on their way out of the room one of them stops and hitches up his belt and everyone sees his pvc pipe-legs!!
        "Oh, oh!"
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Do you have to go upstairs? I would keep it to just one story if you can. Also, see if you can get your hands on some old fence sections that have rotted. I did that, and just cut them down width wise, then knocked some boards out of it, and twisted some others. Or, you could make your own fencing from strapping.
          Slash
          "If you fail to plan, plan to fail"

Comment

Short fences tempt drunks and some teens to step or jump over them possibly resulting in their injury through impalement.
            Falling on a taller fence versus falling on a short fence also doesnot promote injury.
            All fence "points" should be dulled or coated with latex or electrical tape-wrapped.
            I made some "Points" on a fence wrapping black electrical tape around norfllex pipe insulation, like most air conditioners use on the large freon line. They look aggressive...in the dark or half-light.
            Construct your fence to hold up against people- leaning or strong winds...yes it begins to sound like real effort and expense going into a mere fence doesn't it? What is the alturnative?
            (Have a real fence to keep people away from your decorative, flimsey fence!)
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I built my own Fence out of 2x2 They would come in the 8ft Boards I Drilled Holes in it a few inches apart then I took 1/2' PVC Pipe and Cut into the legth I wanted to have the fence. Sprayed them Back put some Decore on some of the Tops. And Instant Fence. Can not tell the difference at all when dark. And it was In Expensive to do. Check out this website on Fences.
              http://www.halloweenmonsterlist.info/

Has alot of info if you have not seen yet on how to make someof your own stuff and it is fairly cheap.

I also Made this for my Yard Haunt Last year. http://ravenmanor.com/projects/mausoleum.html

Something to think about it would look good in a cemetery Setting like you have. And you can either hide a Actor in there to jump out at them or something.

Dennis

Comment

4000 dollars,geeze tell them to save some money incase they needa buy lunch.

Comment

Dennis, thats a cool site, I like all the things that they have to build. It's a big help.

As for the others, the building is an old house, and the top level is the largest. I believe if we can make the haunted house safer by having a guide for the stairs, then we will do it.

Pizza the day of the haunt sounds GOOD!

The cemetery will be very large. It will take some time to walk through. I have got to go walk the area today and see first if this space will work.

You see it's a park that has a lot of swampy ponds and might have to many hills. We will see!

Brian

Comment

Working...
                  X