Just 4 weeks away the Midwest Haunters Convention is coming fast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just 4 weeks away the Midwest Haunters Convention is coming fast

Have you made your hotel reservations? We’ve filled three hotels 10 weeks out and now we’ve just about filled our room blocks at four more hotels. We’ve started discussions with hotels 15 – 20 mins away from the convention for backup rooms.

Are you going on the pre-convention bus tour? We’ve filled two buses and only 22 seats are left on bus #3. We have to decide next week if we are going to keep the fourth bus. If you are planning to go on the trip, sign up right away. We might cancel the fourth bus and just go with three full buses. We’re visiting 10 haunts in two days throughout Michigan and NW Ohio. Really awesome haunts too.

Our Friday night haunt tour is the Scare-A-Torium in Dublin, about 25 mins from the convention. We have shuttle buses starting at 6:00 to transport you to the Costume Vault (the largest costume store in Ohio) for a welcome reception and 20% off everything in the store. Then you’ll visit the Scare-A-Torium, 30,000 sq ft haunt with 55 scenes and 69 actors. Special guests; Nick and Brian Wolfe are assisting in the makeup room and they’ll be performing in the haunt. Drew Badger will be roaming the haunt too, along with Geoff Beck, Scott Kelly and many other special guests.

The Saturday night Masquerade Party is like nothing you’ve ever seen before. Starts out with a Body Art Fashion Show, then the Ms Midwest Scary Pageant followed by a Scariest Character Contest.

The trade show is sold out with 100 vendor booths. This cash and carry show provides the opportunity for last minute purchases for your haunt before the season arrives.

Check out the web site for more details, don’t miss this industry event of the year!

Kelly Collins
    The Midwest Haunters Convention
    www.MidwestShow.com

Sounds FUN! Send us some info we'll post on our main blog. Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Tabletops?

Do you have any tabletops left? I'm considering buying one...
      Owner & Host - Flatline Radio
      "Keeping our fingers on the absent pulse of the Haunt Industry."
      sigpic
      flatlineradio.podomatic.com

Comment

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it), we do not have any tabletops remaining. As it stands right now we only have one 10x10' booth left! There are a number of vendors who have expressed interest in coming and it is just a matter of time before that one is gone as well. This will be the first time in our 9 years that we have sold out the trade show floor!

Barry

Comment

That is fantastic! I have to say MHC is the best all-round convention experience there is. I need to get my lazy butt out there again. Maybe Wendy and I can turn it into an anniversary trip next year.
          sigpic
          Louis Brown
          Owner, operator, and dish washer
          at
          DarkWood Manor

Comment

MHC is my favorite show. I will be debuting a prop/costume company with my partners at MHC- I will also have a Stiltbeast studios booth with deranged masks and a few stilt costumes. i am super excited.
            Allen H
            www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
            http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

restrictions?

Does MHC have age restrictions like Trans world? My son is 15 and he wanted to go to transworld bad but didn't meet the age requirement

Comment

Unless things have changed, there are NO age restrictions. This year though, it looks like you have to pay $5 to get onto the show floor. One of the best things about this show is that it's more family oriented, I notice a lot of haunters bring their families.

Comment

MHC family friendly

You are correct; children are welcome to attend with a few guidelines listed below:
                  • Tradeshow – Children under 13 MUST be accompanied by an adult while on the tradeshow floor and are not required to register.
                  • Seminars – Children 13 and older must register, and pay, for the seminars if they will be attending. Ages 6-12 may attend, free of charge, with a registered adult providing they are not a disruption to the class.
                  • Bus Tours – Children must be registered for the tours in order to ride the buses. Keep in mind these are very scary haunted attractions.
                  • Saturday Party – not advised for children under 13 because of adult content. However we leave this up to the parent’s discretion.

Comment

Working...
                  X