Little foggy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little foggy?

Sorry if this subject has been brought up before but I must have missed it. Can anyone shed any light on fog being used @ an inside attraction with a sprinkler system? Does the fog affect the smoke alarms or sprinklers? Must you use low lying fog? Or a certain type of fog juice made for this type of thing? And speaking of foggers...any recommendations on a system(s) for two 8,000' sq ft.inside attractions? Would much rather have one or two large central systems rather than many small ones. Any help would be appreciated.

P.
    Jim Pashley
    The FEAR FACTORY
    www.thefearfactorynj.com
    855-NJ HAUNT
    sigpic
    "WE MANUFACTURE NIGHTMARES"

Fog sets off smoke detectors especially if you got the type that are in the AC ducting. Heat sensors are much more preferable if using fog inside. I'm not sure if it does anything to fire sprinklers because from what I understand they are triggered by heat.

Comment

Originally posted by spong8 View Post
      Fog sets off smoke detectors especially if you got the type that are in the AC ducting. Heat sensors are much more preferable if using fog inside. I'm not sure if it does anything to fire sprinklers because from what I understand they are triggered by heat.
      Thanks for the info...I'll check with my alarm subcontractor to see if he knows how to change over from the 110 pre-wired smoke detectors to something different.

P.
      Jim Pashley
      The FEAR FACTORY
      www.thefearfactorynj.com
      855-NJ HAUNT
      sigpic

Comment

A heads up... here in Nebraska smoke detection is REQUIRED in all new haunts. Most sprinkler systems are set up as heat detection, and we have to change them to add smoke detection. So you might want to check with your fire marshal, if you haven't on that one.

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by scottylmt View Post
          A heads up... here in Nebraska smoke detection is REQUIRED in all new haunts. Most sprinkler systems are set up as heat detection, and we have to change them to add smoke detection. So you might want to check with your fire marshal, if you haven't on that one.

Scott
          OK , thanks for the heads up...I'll do that!

P.
          Jim Pashley
          The FEAR FACTORY
          www.thefearfactorynj.com
          855-NJ HAUNT
          sigpic

Comment

No more "Smoke" machines

I quit using them several years ago for a good reason. They started tickling the back of my throat, making me choke, maybe I was over-dosed? A cumulative effect?
            I never went "crazy" with the stuff either. Maybe it's is a part of my advanced "Years", I will be 63 in a few days, a few nights too!
            I have never smoked cigerettes either.
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Also, I believe someone from Froggy's did a seminar at TW on the amount of fog allowable inside a haunt??? Did anyone catch that?

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Warfield View Post
                I quit using them several years ago for a good reason. They started tickling the back of my throat, making me choke, maybe I was over-dosed? A cumulative effect?
                I never went "crazy" with the stuff either. Maybe it's is a part of my advanced "Years", I will be 63 in a few days, a few nights too!
                I have never smoked cigerettes either.
                We had a similar reaction in a haunt in Pa. but they really "gassed" it. Too overdone. I wouldn't mind a small amount for effect but I am wary of the smoke detector sensitivity. Thanks for your thoughts though Jim.

P.
                Jim Pashley
                The FEAR FACTORY
                www.thefearfactorynj.com
                855-NJ HAUNT
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NoFear40 View Post
                  Also, I believe someone from Froggy's did a seminar at TW on the amount of fog allowable inside a haunt??? Did anyone catch that?
                  Thanks...I'm going to check with someone @ Froggy's.

P.
                  Jim Pashley
                  The FEAR FACTORY
                  www.thefearfactorynj.com
                  855-NJ HAUNT
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X