How do you freaks "vacation"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you freaks "vacation"

Actually I am serious. I just booked a cabin in the middle of Ontario for several days this summer. My son, father, and a few friends have a lake all to ourselves to do nothing but catch fish, tell lies and play cards for 6 days. You need a break people! A very prominent prop maker who was at Transworld told me he has not taken a vacation in many years...loves what he does. Told him he needed to fly to Vegas; rent a car and see several of the National Parks in that area. Alaska is on my bucket list. I know too many people who did not get away when they THOUGHT they did not have the time...now they don't have the health.

Wicked Farmer

I spend two weeks in Aug down in the Outer Banks NC. with my family. It's my perfect place to go right before the big push into Oct.

Robert
    Fright Factory

Comment

I am lucky my hubby works for the airline, so we can scoot around to many places when there are seats. There are many great vacation picks, but, Barbados ranks #1 and Scottsdale is another favorite. I live in beautiful Nova Scotia, so it's paradise here all summer. Finding / making precious time, as you all know, is the problem!!

Comment

My "Vacation" Dollars.

Went vacationing... I'm still waiting for them to come back from vacation! (I so wish to hold them again, tell them I missed them!)
        no post cards, no letters, no E-mails, I'm beginning to really worry!
        THEY MAY HAVE BEEN KIDNAPPED!! Running a haunt open every night of the year provides me with an on-going "vacation" as my own peculair therapy as I entertain numerous types of peoples and fans from around the world(='s MUCH FUN!)
        This last weekend we saw several people from europe, several groups of long distance "Fans" who have been wanting to come here for YEARS, finally made it and were Very happy and impressed with their whole experience here, so HOW could I ever begin to convince myself that I need to avoid such personal pleasure just to pretend to be on a vacation?
        I am very confident when I pronise: No fish will be yanked from the water on my "watch"! HAHAHAHA!
        Have fun though on your vacations!
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Jim, I think I got some of your vacation money as change at the dollar store, I think they have been to a crack house!

I have found that you need to take time off after a vacation, a vacation from a vacation. So if his ellusive vacation amount of money every jumps out of my cash flow, I reinvest it somehow and have a stay-cation that doesn't cost too much. While everyone else is running around crazy thinking about Christmas and New Years, I go into a meditative state and focus on my $12 net worth and how that same $12 has made millions over and over.

I have to agree with Jim, possibly learned from him or was confirmed by him by going to the Ravens Grin Inn, that every day can become a crazy vacation doing what you do. Somehow making the authorities make more trips to the office supply store for more push pins comes to mind (just kidding) having them buy more maps of more locations would blow their minds and call in even more authorities.
          sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

yes, Wicked Farmer was talking about me
            And just so you know I have a canoe and camping trip planned for memorial day.
            I just need a couple more supplies and I will be ready to go.
            Kevin R. Alvey
            info at gore-galore.com
            www.gore-galore.com
            www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
            www.youtube.com/goregalore13
            www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Well Kevin, be careful and have fun. and for the love of god, FORGET THE SHOP!

When you LOVE what you do, it's so hard to not think about it, even when you're on vacation.

I haven't had a real vacation since I was a kid. We plan to go somewhere spectacular in a year or two. I've been everywhere just about, my wife hasn't and we have a 2 year old now too! So Disney is in the plans!

Dewayne

Comment

Frightner,
                I do appreciate your input.
                You might be surprised to know, that I may not take too many vacations, but I do tend to take my weekends and late evenings for personal projects like mowing, trucks, motorcycles, home projects etc. This is so I can get the shop projects out of my head. Anything to get work out of my head.
                But you also know that ALL you really have to do to have a happy life is have a happy attitude about life. Just changing your attitude about how you do things can change everything. If you don't like your work you have 2 choices. Get a new attitude or get a new job.

My work actually drives me and makes me a better person, so it really is hard to want to be away from it.
                Kevin R. Alvey
                info at gore-galore.com
                www.gore-galore.com
                www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
                www.youtube.com/goregalore13
                www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Attitude...

Kevin; you have the attitude description dead on. We just went ALMOST 3 weeks without being able to plant anything. Had 95% of the corn in and 50% of the beans planted before the rains came. Just about dry out enough so we could get back to the fields ....and another storm would dump on us. Ten years ago I would have been a unbearable grump watching 3 weeks go by without being able to plant. My wife can't believe I am the same person I was then. Must be I have mellowed with age.....

Glad to hear you have a trip planned with a canoe no less! I own two canoes myself and done some kick ass trips; and trips that kicked this farmboys ass. Want to canoe the Everglades this winter?

Wicked Farmer

Comment

Disney Addict

Hey frightener;

I do Disney a lot. Too many times to admit here on the forum. Drop me a line when you get ready to plan it. I actually help several groups through planning process every year. Actually; one group flew there today! Disney is not a vacation; it is an ADENTURE!

Wicked Farmer

Comment

Working...
                    X