Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transworld Seminars - Call for papers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transworld Seminars - Call for papers...

Time to start thinking about the Transworld Seminars... If you would like to present or have a topic or person you would like to hear speak, please post to this thread so that I can get you the right stuff to fill out.

Thanks!
    Ben Armstrong
    NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
    www.Fearworld.com
    www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Ben, I am interested in speaking at TW. Stiltbeast@gmail.com is my email. Thank you for your consideration
    Allen H
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

I think the whole idea of seminars needs to do a 180 because there are so many shows, with so many seminars, and it seems like no feels like no actually it is like the same thing over and over and over again. At least from where I'm sitting it also seems like seminar attendance is way down where as in the past these rooms would have hundreds of people filing inside the door. Now it seems like like 50 to 60 people at most... unless you do a scare seminar, or something then you get more.

I think we should all kick the tires on exactly what would or will be of the most benefit to our industry or better yet your business. I think we should all throw some idea's out there and see what sticks. Personally I don't think any idea is a bad one at this point, if it leads to something new, fresh and beneficial to everyone.

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Some seminars are the same thing over and over- I actually have no issue with that as long as it is marketed as such. There will always be people entering the business, they need that seminar as much as we need another marketing seminar and another scare seminar.
        I try to make my classes fresh- a new concept or big idea every time- it is tough but I think differently enough from most folks that I can normally offer a different perspective than the norm. I cant critique the seminars I havent seen and I dont get to take nearly as many as I wanted to- I do wish their was a class for the speakers to help them with prep, engagement and audience retention- teaching is very hard and unless you have a passion for the material then it is easy for even a scare class to go dry.
        It is a pipe dream, but I love teaching things I care about so I hate to see it being done ineffectively when I know the material is good.
        Allen H
        www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
        http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Having gone to quite a few seminars this year, I'll say I wish the business and the creative didn't go on simultaneously. You have to many running at concurrent times to be able to maximize attendance. Try running the business or creative during the day, then break for some show floor time and then resume with the other half after the show floor closes.

Comment

Just a thought and somthing i have been trying to do on my own but is there a need/want/possibility for young companies/ vedors like myself to get a seminar from the more established ones about business practices, logistics, how toos shipping and recieving and just surviving the haunt industry. We hear over and over again about the pit falls of vendors and horror stories. Maybe we should listen to those who are succesful in this business so it stops happening. the seminars are always about improving the haunt side of the industry and i think we as vendors could take a page out of this book and better ourselves to make everyones life easyer. it may not be a concern for most but i would def attend this kind of thing to better myself and my company. just my thoughts.
            Tim McCall

Comment

Working...
            X