Outdoor Haunt Idea...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greg Chrise View Post
    If you can do time travel you really only need one energetic actor.
    If you have a Central Corridor, you only need a few.

C.

Comment

Ok im seeing most of what you're saying Greg. Regarding Tupperware, for electronics, wouldn't overheating be a concern? Im thinking like controllers and amplifiers... And is speaker wire waterproof? Or would I cover /bury them?

The car speaker thing makes sense, and explains why I've seen an old post with a guy showing his sound system, and it was a bunch of cd decks from cars, with an amplifier on top. Im sure craigslist list has car audio for cheap everyday... though I hate to support the crackhead that broke in and stole them lol.

I joined my local freecycle, am checking craigslist, and that military auction site. They actually just had 6medical exam tables for $50 starting bid. That would've been awesome, but its 3 hours away and I've got no way to transport, and nowhere to put it yet Im gonna make it happen tho somehow. There's TONS of those things!

Comment

C. You KNOW im with you on that one!

Wow two auctions only two hours away ending 4 pm today. A 6 ton semi trailer in green camo.. one is at $671! The other $681! If anybody in Iowa snatch one up. The most I've seen them sell for is 1,200.

Comment

Originally posted by scottylmt View Post
          Im thinking like controllers . . .
          See the email I sent you.

. . . and amplifiers . . .
          All the main electronics and systems should be in one central, dry location, like an equipment room.

Regarding Tupperware for electronics, wouldn't overheating be a concern?
          If you're running 12v to the haunt proper and have the component enclosures well ventilated from, say, the bottom, for instance, it shouldn't be an issue. That's why I'm working on a strobe circuit with 9v constant current, with perhaps a muffin fan nearby to keep it cool. The prototype has more ways to go in terms of development, but so far the results have been very positive.

Remember, street lamps and parking lot lamps face the elements year round, and work fine, year after year. The methodologies are out there. Ergo, it shouldn't be that hard, likewise, to take a 12v component and weatherproof it. Especially if you are doing the quarantine theme where everything looks mechanical and industrial.

Another thing to look at are motion detector wildlife cameras that are set-up in the wilderness which, when an animal happens by, takes a snap shot of them. They are designed to operate out in the elements, and work great. You can learn a lot from those design principles. That was part of the inspiration for the strobe circuit I'm working on.

Im sure craigslist list has car audio for cheap everyday.
          Good call, but don't get too craig-happy until you have a really good idea of what your haunt is going to look like.

Use a lot of pre-viz with it before you start buying stuff that a) you can't afford, and b) you can't store.

though I hate to support the crackhead that broke in and stole them lol.
          Indeed.

I joined my local freecycle
          Good call! They can be goldmines. I'm looking to join the local version here.

They actually just had 6medical exam tables for $50 starting bid. That would've been awesome, but its 3 hours away and I've got no way to transport, and nowhere to put it yet Im gonna make it happen tho somehow.
          Well, that may be a good score, especially if you are a large haunt with several elements, like one being an insane asylum, one being a hospital, and so on, but remember, all metal tables look the same when you have a white sheet spread over them. Some restaurant could have gone out of a business and you might find a kitchen prep table sitting on a curb. Throw a white sheet over it and an alien autopsy cadaver and, bingo, you're good to go!

Even better, a $20 alien mask and a few mannequin parts might do the trick.

C. You KNOW im with you on that one!
          Indeed.

C.

Comment

All good advice. VERY good point about parking lamps, and even landscaping lights. Im thinking also about the motion sensor lights outside of garages; the technology is definitely there, that's why im on this forum cuz I just miss some things.

Im excited about your strobe circuit! And that's actually my weakest suit out of all these aspects, so id love to hear more about how it works. But especially if you have pics or vids that would really help ppl! Who locally could I talk to to learn more about power types and how 12dc works? I was thinking maybe sound and lighting stores for rock bands???

Comment

All good advice. VERY good point about parking lamps, and even landscaping lights. Im thinking also about the motion sensor lights outside of garages; the technology is definitely there, that's why im on this forum cuz I just miss some things.

Im excited about your strobe circuit! And that's actually my weakest suit out of all these aspects, so id love to hear more about how it works. But especially if you have pics or vids that would really help ppl! Who locally could I talk to to learn more about power types and how 12dc works? I was thinking maybe sound and lighting stores for rock bands???
              Email me on that. Longer response forthcoming.

C.

Comment

Twin, we fall under the hayride blanket for hauling passengers. As far as battle fatigue our actors are well padded. We sell different varieties of suits for their protection. As far as Tina's suggestion, she wanted to turn our customers loose with the guns and walk thru the containment center. Just wouldnt work! Thats why we mount the guns. lol
                If you have any questions just let me know or give me a call (573)881-7061
                Greg
                Zombie Protection Services L.L.C.
                Greg Allen
                scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
                www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

If you're looking for ideas about just how far you can take outdoor haunts, research Kersey Valley Spooky Woods, Haunted Overload, and Headless Horseman. All three are amazing! Also all three of the owners are members of this forum. I'm sure there are many more I haven't heard of too.

Comment

Working...
                  X