Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Real!!!!

Hey Guys,

I just want to post an update on here for everyone.

Anyone who knows me on here, can probably remember when I would post on here EVERY spring, asking for donations to help support a one night haunted house I did for my schools Relay for Life, well that is a thing of the past!

For years, I've been dreaming of opening up a haunt, and this year it will finally come true! I've partnered with a great friend and fellow haunt enthusiast, in a 50/50 venture and as of today, not only are we OFFICIALLY an LLC, but we also have our first months rent paid as a deposit towards our location that is VISIBLE from a major highway!

I've been volunteering my entire life, and trying to raise money for different causes all through the use of haunting, and finally, I'm at the helm of something that will be incredible!

We move in August 1st, we have 8,000sq ft, an outdoor covered queue line, and will be opening September 28th! Our focus will be on detailing every little inch.

Since our lease is YEAR ROUND, we will condense the haunt during the off-season, and have a year round haunted house, laser tag, and paintball shooting gallery. We will be Connecticut's ONLY year round haunted house.

And staying true to mine and my partners roots, we are pledging $1 from each ticket sold to go towards charity. Right now we are benefiting the American Cancer Society, and hoping to sponsor a couple fire fighters to attend a national fire safety convention (the transworld for fire fighters) on the other side of the country.

We're hoping to document as much of the build out and process as possible and are trying some really neat innovative scares that aren't in ANY other local haunts. We want to be original, we want to benefit the community, and we want to leave a LASTING impact on our customers, and we can't WAIT to start posting more about it on here!

Sorry for the semi-long post, I'm just REALLY excited!!! Hope you guys are having as great of a start to the season as we are!

Congratulations on realizing your goal, Godspeed toward great success, however you define it!!

Did you and your business partner invest 50% each of the total equity of the business? Is this equity based in value of assets or in cash investment? There are better arrangements than 50/50 if you want to avoid impasse and keep friends. The only thing that could make an actual 50/50 business partnership worse would be if it was with a family member

Keep us posted on developments!!

Comment

Bobby

Congratulations and best of luck to you! Shane and it's rock it! Shane
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks Shane!! I plan on showing everyone on here that even a 19 year old kid can pull off running a full time business and make it successful!

TL- For our LLC, we claimed our original capitol contributions as well as the plan for how we will be reimbursed, and then our "membership interest", essentially creating a solid agreement that we will reimburse ourselves in a manner in which we will be caught up to the same level of debt, then will grow equally out of that debt, everything will be done COMPLETELY even. We are friends before business partners, and perfectly capable of telling eachother when our work sucks, or when it's good, and we both have a pre-established level of trust. I was actually friends with his girlfriend before I was friends with him, and they're going on 4 years, while me and mine are going on 2 years =) Both of our girlfriends are also unable to actually be at the business with us during October, because his goes to school in Boston and mine is in nursing school and doesn't have a free second to spend at the business.

I'm really looking forward to seeing this to fruition. I've spent so much time doing everything for other people, and I'd like to finally be able to be on the "owner" level, and help make decisions as well as make sure that if we say we're doing something, that we damn well are going to do it. =)

Comment

Congratulations and all the best!
          http://darkscares.com/

sigpic

Comment

Great to hear, sounds like you're locked in like a four star. So long as terms and roles are well defined in writing up front you should have smooth sailing. Let er' rip.!!

Comment

Thanks Guys! Much appreciated!

Comment

Congratulations and best of luck in your venture.
                Scaring the yell out of them
                Owner/operator of

http://www.terrorsofthenight.com haunted house

Comment

Congrats!

CONGRATS!!! Best of luck to both of you! Sounds like a good game plan using the space on the off season to make money as well!
                  Jarred Alcala
                  Owner
                  Shattered FX

www.Shatteredfx.com
                  www.Facebook.com/Shatteredfxmasks

Comment

Thanks DM!

And much appreciated Seņor Alcala!

Comment

Oh! And once we get the keys (August 1st) any haunter is more than wwelcome! If you're in the area give me a holler!

Comment

Originally posted by screamforadream View Post
                        Oh! And once we get the keys (August 1st) any haunter is more than welcome! If you're in the area give me a holler!
                        Are you doing your build ahead of time at another location and then moving in on 8.1.12 as soon as you get the keys?

Also, what kind of window of opportunity will the FM and BI need to sign off on everything?

C.

Comment

Basically. We have all the walls pre-fabbed, about 300 in total. Those wikl gogo up easy, with the space confirmed we are finally drawing up the build plans and will have them made by an architect and an auto cad version for us. And the rest will of the bbuilding other than putting walls up will be detailing, and hooking up the laser tag and paintball system. We really want detail and outstanding scenery.

For BI and FM, we aren't on a time crunch as we are on good terms and have a positive relationship with both. And both know we have high expectations for safety of customers and actors alike, which is their main concern. We have mmore emergency lighting and ssignage than anyone I know as well as a super high tech surveillance system.

Comment

Post all your build pics... those are fun to follow!!!! Good luck. Larry
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President
                            www.HalloweenProductions.com
                            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Congrats Bobby!!

Comment

Working...
                              X