The Midwest Haunters Convention in Columbus, Ohio is the last big event before the Halloween season. Do you have your costume ready? Listed below are updates and highlights for the show:
- We filled the first three buses on the pre-convention bus tour to Michigan. Two days, 10 haunts and a bus load of fun. We’re into our fourth bus now. Less than 40 seats are available. We’re excited to announce Bob and Beth Turner will be bus monitors for bus #4. Can you spell PARTAY BUSS.
- We were able to add more shuttle buses to the sold out Friday night bus tour (only $25) which includes a Welcome Reception (snacks & beverages) at the Costume Vault with a special performance by Trio of Fire, followed by a tour of the Scare-A-Torium. Two haunts with a total of 55 scenes and 70 actors. We just added 100 more bus tickets for a tour of this fantastic haunted attraction.
- Friday night after the haunt tour we’ll return to the Hyatt for a Scary-Oke show hosted by The Voice from Hell, Dick Terhune. Sign up with our DJ when you arrive for a chance to perform on stage and entertain our guests. Costumes are encouraged for performers, but not required. Last year we were impressed with the level of talent our performers provided. It was later I found out several of them were lead singers in bands.
- During our Saturday night Masquerade Party, the Body Art Fashion Show is going to be the biggest yet with 13 artists from around the world, body painting their models with a Halloween/Horror theme. This year the lights will be up during the fashion show as we return to FX and body paints. Artists from Face Off will be joining our fantastic teams of body painters.
- Be sure to stay in character when you enter the party foyer area as our judges will be watching for the ten scariest characters arriving at the party. They’ll hand out invitations to those deemed most worthy of this annual contest on stage.
- The trade show floor is sold out with over 100+ exhibitors in our 60,000 sq ft hall at the Columbus Convention Center. Exhibitors will be prepared for cash and carry sales with special show discounts. Here’s your chance to load up with props, animatronics, costumes, masks, makeup and Halloween supplies for your haunt season.
- We still have spots remaining in our Friday workshops; don’t miss out on your chance to further your education with makeup or acting techniques for you or your staff. Are you thinking about getting into the haunted attraction business, check out our all day class with our team of business professionals. Find out what’s required to build and operate a haunted attraction and you could save thousands of dollars in costly mistakes.
The MHC is produced by a team of four haunters with support of over 50 friends and ambassadors. This will be our ninth year for the show. Thank you for taking the time to find out about our convention and we hope you’ll join us for our biggest show yet!
Go to www.MidwestShow.com for more info.
The Midwest Haunters Convention