A well lit maze ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Malleus Studios View Post
    Not off the top of my head. The only actually maze I've ever encountered in a Haunt is the one inside Cutting Edge, and the Chainlink/Strobe maze at Thrillvania.
    I do remember that one but I would consider that more a dark lit maze because that strobe even though it lit the way a little it would cause that thing where all you would then see was that blind spot. That was priceless !! An one at Terror by the lake that was an outside maze lit by moonlight with its open roof.
    ~*~How is a raven like a writing desk ?
    ~*~*~There both the perfect tools for picking at the brain.
    ~*~*~*~An my favorite game you ask ?
    ~*~*~*~*~ Raven on the desk of course.

Jessica Ward

Comment

If you are going to have paintings or just draw all over the walls, and this is what you are going to see, it comes off ind of cheesy. If you are going to have dimensional things like your tree painting I would say go for it. Writing on the wall little phrases does have it's place but, you have to just go for the mommy told you not to write on the wall responce you are going to get.

Not everyone gets the artsy approach and I do have a little section I usually include. People openly reject it and say what the f is that supposed to be. Over time I have been able to identify these people as the pricks of the world that just set themselves up a little. They opened their senses to get hit with something down a few hallways and more easily creeped out. To the already creepy people, you will get nothing in responce but smiles and enjoyment. To them it is like they are walking through their own creative world.

So you then break it down to exactly why did a prick come in here anyhow. Guess what, it usually isn't the customers. It is the more judgemental workers or helpers there that can't figure out what or if to contribute anything. Those are generally the only ones that flap their jaws unfairly.

Glad to see you popping back in.
      sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

I like your little boxes too. So if these were done and all tied together in a series at small scale to work out the ideas and then say, let's build this I think it would be kind of awesome. That is what is missing a lot of the time in haunted houses as people just go with what they could find and a single thought of how does this fit in. The time spent or not spent shows. People can build walls like crazy and then the decorating is never really thought out, given proper address.

Of course building things from maquette sizes doesn't totally translate because you can't always quickly find the exact prop or have enough time or money to build it exactly but enough of it does to put on a good show.
        sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Chrise View Post
          If you are going to have paintings or just draw all over the walls, and this is what you are going to see, it comes off ind of cheesy. If you are going to have dimensional things like your tree painting I would say go for it. Writing on the wall little phrases does have it's place but, you have to just go for the mommy told you not to write on the wall responce you are going to get.

Not everyone gets the artsy approach and I do have a little section I usually include. People openly reject it and say what the f is that supposed to be. Over time I have been able to identify these people as the pricks of the world that just set themselves up a little. They opened their senses to get hit with something down a few hallways and more easily creeped out. To the already creepy people, you will get nothing in responce but smiles and enjoyment. To them it is like they are walking through their own creative world.

So you then break it down to exactly why did a prick come in here anyhow. Guess what, it usually isn't the customers. It is the more judgemental workers or helpers there that can't figure out what or if to contribute anything. Those are generally the only ones that flap their jaws unfairly.

Glad to see you popping back in.
          The concept art is not for wall paintings, it will be full on life size props in the maze. That's why I want to make a well lit maze because there is some thing to see in it. I'm trying to move as far away from the typical maze spectrum as I can.
          ~*~How is a raven like a writing desk ?
          ~*~*~There both the perfect tools for picking at the brain.
          ~*~*~*~An my favorite game you ask ?
          ~*~*~*~*~ Raven on the desk of course.

Jessica Ward

Comment

Originally posted by darkXmoon View Post
            That's why I want to make a well lit maze because there is some thing to see in it. I'm trying to move as far away from the typical maze spectrum as I can.
            So, do you mean a "well lit maze" as in, "one with adequate lighting so we see good set design and detail", or do you mean "blindingly bright where the patrons are squinting to get thru"?

It sounds like the first one. Am I correct?

C.

Comment

How Many Actual "Mazes" are There?

Unless your whole show is just one big maze with helpers guiding, routing the customers through it's traps and turns and confusion?
              An actual maze is very counter-productive to throughput since people will not be passing through very quickly.
              I have no mazes here just odd paths where there is actually only one way to proceed and no place to become dumped or trapped , unless they are extremely drunk or stupid? Then they make me laugh="Mister! How do we get out of here? which way do we go?" and they would also be saying these same things if they were standing at one end of a cattle chute! I have suspected that some of these people are more scared and just asking these dumb questions, hoping I am dumb enough to yell out instructions to them, giving away my good hiding place, which also means they are very diminished capacity!
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
              X