Hearse is wrapped! 90% complete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hearse is wrapped! 90% complete

Well, we got our hearse done. Got a sponsorship with our local sign people Sign-Tech. Did a wonderful job. We basically just used some free images off the interwebs and tied them into some of our own designs.

Drivers 1.JPGDrivers 2.JPGDrivers 3.JPGHood.JPGTailgate.JPG

We still have to dye the vinyl top and do some paint touch ups. We also have to put more haunt details on the side glass and such.

So whatchya think?

BTW, Disclaimer: I snagged some of these images off the internet that was offering free images, however I can't be liable for where THEY got them! I did research and couldn't find anyone tagging ownership of any of them. One is from a PS3 background which I have permission from Sony to use.

First, AWESOME JOB!!!!! Well worth the money!

Second, don't paint the top. That white top looks striking when contrasted with the black background graphics. That's probably why cop cars do it. Makes it stick out.

C.

Comment

Thanks C.!

Yeah, you're not the first to say that about the top. One lady even said "NO NO NO, KEEP IT ORIGINAL!" I looked at her and pointed to the wrap... "Does THIS look original to you?" lol.

We were thinking of going blood red dripping with black below on the vinyl. We'll discuss the contrast deal.

We're thinking of adding a Zombie Hunter Assault Vehicle. We're looking at a Toyota pickup, 4x4 and a few others. We want to put a cage in it and do stunts where we let loose "zombies" and show up shortly after like we were called in. Hitting up some of our high traffic gas stations etc.

However, in the light of the new Zombie attacks, we may bleed into the public instead of with a slap to the face "OMGawsh a ZOMBIE.... POW POW POW" I'd hate to have to keep replacing actors... :P

Comment

Originally posted by Frightener View Post
        Thanks C.!
        You're most welcome! Glad to see you are making progress with everything.

Yeah, you're not the first to say that about the top. One lady even said "NO NO NO, KEEP IT ORIGINAL!" I looked at her and pointed to the wrap... "Does THIS look original to you?" lol.
        Keep the top white for the time being and see how it plays. If it totally doesn't play, go with the blood drips. If it plays, then keep it white.

Right now it looks very elegant. Trying to go over the top with it might make it look cheap, campy, and gaudy . . . not that people wouldn't consider a tricked out hearse to be gaudy, but you get the idea.

We're thinking of adding a Zombie Hunter Assault Vehicle. We're looking at a Toyota pickup, 4x4 and a few others. We want to put a cage in it and do stunts where we let loose "zombies" and show up shortly after like we were called in. Hitting up some of our high traffic gas stations etc.
        Good idea. Make sure to work in some "Ghostbusters" mojo when designing it.

However, in the light of the new Zombie attacks, we may bleed into the public instead of with a slap to the face "OMGawsh a ZOMBIE.... POW POW POW" I'd hate to have to keep replacing actors... :P
        Copy that. Btw, also stay away from anything with large families of little kids. Traumatized kids, and their respective parents, don't make for good haunt patrons, or good word of mouth. That could also get you arrested and shut down. Also make sure that you use slow-moving zombies that don't actually stalk anyone.

One of these days one of these idiots is going get his head knocked off . . . for real.

C.

Comment

Looks cool!,I did the arms off the fender too. Car is sitting in my garage in my house in Vegas. The guy that put the TVs in left an electrical leak so its dead. The wrap guys are like you paid for this when you bringing it down! D'oh! . Different but same direction. I can post the concept for comparison if you want.. ?

Also... did this hearse top with black truck bed liner... looks better than original.
          Last edited by tonguesandwich; 06-06-2012, 08:35 PM.

Comment

"White" has advantages

In the dark, you can see it! People driving can see it better in the parking lot, especially if they are backing up. I repainted my Olds station wagon white last summer .this makes the lettering and other images much more visible, this also made the car, a 1989 Custom cruiser look newer.
            Then in small letters I just had to write "Never Was A Hearse", just incase someone had to ask.
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
            X