No announcement yet.

Brutal Rust paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is torture factory's rust dust on a Morgue drawer hinge i did a while back. Its made of resin by the way.
    484075_2953221848331_259728236_n.jpg
    I am pretty happy with it and will use it again.
    Allen H
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

<-----Needs more info!

Dr Torture send me more data. I like this application better than the other.
      Travis "Big T" Russell
      President
      Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

Quick Tip

Hey Allen, take a stiff brush and go over the rust to give it a dusty, dirty look. That will also blend the colors and brighten it up if you want that effect.

If you have any questions about applications, let me know. Thanks!

Originally posted by Allen H View Post
        This is torture factory's rust dust on a Morgue drawer hinge i did a while back. Its made of resin by the way.
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]13175[/ATTACH]
        I am pretty happy with it and will use it again.
        Allen H

Comment

Originally posted by BigT View Post
          I used it to rust some conduit attached to my meat wagon used to pull patrons around Camp Nightmare. Worked great by dabbing on with a brush and spraying the activator. A little time consuming because of th surface we were painting but I cant think of any other way to cover PVC like this and get rust.
          It does take a little time to apply the dust to certain objects. But the cool thing about it is, you control the areas it sticks to by what areas you paint. Any form of adhesive that stays wet for a few minutes will allow you to apply the dust, but we've found latex paint works great. Also it's a good idea to lay a large piece of cardboard, or plastic down around the object you're rusting. That way you can catch any dust that falls off and reuse it. We keep a 5 gallon bucket around to catch the excess dust for smaller objects, and it also serves as a good container to store the dust in. You want to keep it as dry as possible before applying it to your objects.

Comment

Working...
          X