Prometheus - Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prometheus - Review

Prometheus saw it at midnight... if you LOVE the Alien franchise you really need to see this movie because it basically gives you all the background on the first movie. Its clearly a prequel and actually a really good one...however the movie is NOT really scary, or an action film rather more of a thought provoking film. The opening scene is like HUH, but after watching the whole movie you understand the whole premise of the franchise is... the movie is well acted, really nice script but I wouldn't say this movie is for everyone. Its not a lot of action, low on special fx, but at the same time a really strong movie. Again if you love Aliens you have to see this movie... if you don't love Aliens I'd say 50/50 you will like this film.

I'm having a hard time explaining what the movie is about because I don't want to give to much away, but the underline theme is that God did not create the human race, they were created by these people who created the Aliens. The purpose of the Aliens was to wipe out the human race and then start the human race over again after the Aliens killed everyone. The Prometheus ship was intended to find our maker and they discovered their own end.

When watching this movie you must remember everything you see so you can put all the pieces of the puzzle together in the end.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Completely unrelated to your review of Prometheus, i wont be seeing that movie because i cant take it seriously lol, why? because seeing and hearing PROMETHEUS makes it impossible for me to think of anything other than those old 90's and early 2000's nickelodeon claymation series Prometheus and Bob.....the alien and the caveman...yeah... That's made this entire movie completely impossible to want to see or to take it seriously because i'll only be able to think of silly claymation gags haha.

Comment

HUUUGE fan of the first two movies and I thought it was an excellent attempt to pull it all together, but they did make some pretty large leaps in story to get it done, but what can you say... It is a "different" kind of scary as they rely heavily on your mind to work itself based on what you already know about the history of the series. I thought it had ample creep factor, but was slightly light on action- and for a decent reason- they were scientists at a facility, not combat troops in a war zone.
      I thought the surgery scene was cool and I found myself squirming around my seat a little, but I guessed what the outcome would be precisely.
      They left the door open for more story, but I doubt it will be on the big screen, and they made a hell of a lot more questions than they gave answers. Maybe I'll have to read the book...
      If I had to take a shot at the movie I would say I was hoping for more "space Jockey" and was a little let down by the difference in their size in the original and this movie. You have to give them credit for what they did do though.
      Oh, and I thought they should have named the robot Rodney- as in Rodney Dangerfield- 'cause robots will never get "no respect" in an Alien movie...
      How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

What you put into your mind- you put into your life.

www.zombietoxin.com

Comment

Larry hit this on the dime, don't expect it to be like Alien or Aliens, maybe a few smalls traits but this movie was made more so open up the door for 2 more sequels and to renew the alien world with fresh big new questions. If you see it, go to the 3D...it's stunning visually. I seen it in IMAX 3D and wow...this movie is one of those movies you definetly should spend few more dollars for IMax 3D experience. You almost need to see it twice to catch all the connections.... I'd highly recommend, just expect alot of new questions while some of the original question are answered... it's not too scary movie but just an awesome SciFi all together, with some tense moments. I can't wait to see it again.

Comment

camera work was great. saw in in a regular theatre. no 3D needed........

cant wait til the next installment. they did leave us hanging again... GOOD !!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X