MHC Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are a couple of things from our perspective:

We make it very clear on the website, and to anyone who asks directly, that MHC and especially the party are adult oriented. However we do not want to put ourselves in the position of telling you what is or is not appropriate for your children. We feel that parents are the best suited to make this decision.

As for the uniformed police officer, that was not by our choice. It was a requirement of the hotel this year and it is standard operating procedure for groups of our size that have a party component to the event.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
      As for the uniformed police officer, that was not by our choice. It was a requirement of the hotel this year and it is standard operating procedure for groups of our size that have a party component to the event.
      I assumed as much, Barry. It's unfortunate that they make that requirement, or that the officers can't find a way to be a little more discrete. That guy was walking around giving everyone the once over to a degree that exceeds most of the prison guards I encounter in my visits to clients... silly. You guys put on a fantastic event, by far the best of the season. Congratulations on the growth!
      Brett Hays, Director
      Fear Fair
      www.fearfair.com

Comment

Personally, I thought the officer was quite easy going. He was a continuous target for actors and played along great. He made people keep their drinks inside, but other than that, he didn't seem to bother anyone. I was outside when some jaggoff lit up a joint (I didn't see it, just smelled it)....the officer smelled it too, but didn't seem too concerned. Me personally, I'd prefer a bitch slap manhood stealing type slap acrossed the lips to that guy, makes us all look bad.
        Like a midget at a urinal, you gotta be on your toes

http://www.wellstownshiphauntedhouse.com

Comment

Cops, Nudity, Oh My!

Yeah, that cop was pretty cool. I complimented him on his awesome costume and he thought that was pretty funny. Later I bumped up against his gun by mistake and he just smiled at me. Couldn't be a better officer for the event. I noticed that there were also a ton of hotel staff walking around just observing and I thought at the time "wow, this hotel really knows how to manage this event well". It was clear that they have been through this year after year and know what to expect and how to deal with whatever comes up.

Kids and nudity... really?! Really? The women I saw in body paint all had undies and pasties on, and were nothing special to look at. Are we really that moral to say kids can't be near that? My 12 year old son Jack didn't even look twice at them they were so unappealing and non-sexual. Funny how some people in our country get so worked up and outraged by the naked human body but don't even think twice about gore and violence! But I digress. To each their own. For me I don't give a crap if my kids see naked people, big f'n deal.
          www.frightprops.com

[FrightProps Blog]
          [Google+] [YouTube]
          [Facebook] [Twitter] [Tumblr] [Pinterest]

sigpic

Comment

My Opinion

For me I don't give a crap if my kids see naked people, big f'n deal.......

For me and this is my opinion kids need not be exposed to hairy balls and vagina's even if they are coverd with a bandaid! I think kids should keep their innocence as long as they can and not be placed in a situation to have to ask questions before it's time. God forbid of one of these naked people (who some think is not a "big f'n deal") is a child molester because NO ONE KNOWS EVERYONE IN PUBLIC! Ever heard the expression" what go's on behind closed doors should stay there" So should naked people or half naked people who you don't know especially in the presents of kids. This is my opinion and we all raise our kids as we see fit but it's how they turn out and what they are exposed to as young kids that molds them.

As far as gore and violance I agree but it's how you see them that makes the difference. If you know that in the world or make believe and fiction that it's just that and in reality we should never cross that line then I think it's a equal balance! Shane and it's just as I see it! Shane
            sigpic

Comment

I agree with Shane here.

Also the cop who smelled pot and did nothing sounds like a waste of a human being to me. Drugs are illegal it's his job to uphold the law, so he's just as bad as the pot head lighting up.

The people of our "industry" are not thought of as the most moral of people out there, these are examples of why that is the case. Until we clean up our act and actually act like professionals no one will ever really take as serious in many aspects of our operations.

Allan

Comment

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...#slide=1128503

This was just on huffington post today!!!!! A PRIME EXAMPLE OF WHY KIDS AND HALF NAKED ADULTS AS WELL AS COSTUMED ADULTS SHOULD NOT MIX!!!!!!! YOU NEVER KNOW WHO IS STANDING NEXT TO YOUR KIDS!!!!!!! This brings up a question do you allow kids to work in your haunts and do you do background checks on your actors? At Disturbia you have to be 18 and no record!!! Of course this is to never say anything can't happen and Lord knows there is always the "Hook Ups" which none of us can control but 18 is the limit with me!!! Shane and it's I agree with Allen as well! Shane
                sigpic

Comment

Good point about the naked ness vs the blood and gore. Bunch of talk about the kids being around the body paint but not a whole lot said about the kids being around the decapitated people, lol. To each his own.

To the cops credit, I'm biased because I am one, Must have been over 100 people outside where he was.....all smoking cigarettes. It'd be difficult to find the dipshit burning one, plus, the concern of the entire crowd choosing sides if he did find him. Not to mention the dipshit would have been able to avoid the cop while in the crowd.

I use teen actors (in addition to adults)in my haunt, however, Im very lucky to have extremely dedicated teens. All staff, including teens, get a background check and there is a standard of expectation that goes along with being a part of the haunt.
                  Like a midget at a urinal, you gotta be on your toes

http://www.wellstownshiphauntedhouse.com

Comment

So you know

I don't see a problem with kids lets say 13 years or even a lil younger if they know how to act at these shows. It's just some of the events they may need to keep as "For Adults Only" My last post came off as that and it was not as I ment. And really in thinking about it even having younger 13 and up would be fine in haunts because you can always have your staff keep an eye on them it's just places where there is no way to know everyone that can get a child in trouble of not watched! Shane and it's hope I cleared that up! Shane
                    sigpic

Comment

Vendor pricing

Hey Jim, I was checking out the thread seeing responses to the show and saw yours:
                      Originally posted by Dalloween View Post
                      Jay, Allen and I got to premiere our new company The House of Boo with our first product line "Night Terror Toy Shoppe". The show stayed pretty busy, and I agree that it was the largest trade show since we started attending MHC. We managed to hit the top end of our goal for sales, which was exciting being our first convention as a vendor. We'll be at TW this next year with some changes and additions to the toys product line.
                      Congrats on the premier, however I am one of the majority of haunters that did not attend the show. We see the post, you have a link to your site, but when you go there it is only basic info, no pictures no prices. Couple hundred at the show, couple thousand on the message board. Also those that attended that didn't buy may want to revisit the prop on line especially if they have to "justify" it the actual buyer. I only make this point because you are not alone. How many other sites do you go to where they don't list or price their products or don't update so all they have is last year's stuff???

A missed golden oppurtunity. I can't even total the amount of stuff I have bought off the internet just because I see it, it's priced right and I can order it sitting at home in my underwear!! Haunts are our business so we don't want location or price info on our sites from two years ago, yet many vendors have sites who's sole purpose is to sell product and they grossly out of date!!

You guys just debuted so I am sure pictures and pricing will follow soon, hopefully! Good luck!
                      R&J Productions
                      Las Vegas, NV
                      www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

The Haunt Brief #8 - MHC 2012 Coverage Now Online!

For anyone that wasn't able to attend the show, the newest episode of "The Haunt Brief" with special event coverage of MHC 2012 is now available for viewing!

Join us as we travel to Columbus Ohio for the 2012 Midwest Haunters Convention. As always we are brining you interviews from the tradeshow floor with Allen Hopps and the crew of "Big Scary Show", a look at the latest products from the vendors and all the festivities from the costume ball!

We have footage from Saturday night's costume ball getting you a look at the event's "Body Painting Competition", "Miss Scary Midwest", "Scariest Character Competition" and a look at all the costumes being worn by the attendees at the party!

Watch Now @ - http://www.hauntersdigest.com/2012/0...vent-coverage/
                        News and event coverage from directly inside the Haunt Industry - http://www.hauntersdigest.com
                        Get a Website and/or Mobile App for Your Attraction - http://www.charlesterry.com

Comment

Working...
                        X