MHC Bus Tour 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MHC Bus Tour 2013

Yes, the planning has already begun. The Midwest Haunters Convention 2013 bus tour will be June 5 & 6 (Wednesday & Thursday) and we’re headed to South West Michigan. We’ve started discussions with Niles Scream Park and The Haunt in Grand Rapids. Two outstanding haunted attractions! We’re also talking with haunts along the way there and back. We’ll reserve four buses and limit the tour to the first 200 people to sign up.

We had four buses this year as we toured some awesome haunted attractions. Erebus was the most popular attraction on our tour, but the “Motor Coach Monsters” our new nickname for our pre-bus riders, were extremely happy with all of our haunts. We appreciate the efforts the haunt owners and their teams put forth to host our group. Hopefully your haunts are now ready for the upcoming October season and you can enjoy the summer off!

We’re also considering reserving one bus for families and people not wanting a party atmosphere. Let me know your thoughts!

Feel free to respond to me directly with suggestions on haunted attractions you would like to see on the bus tour next year. Kelly@MidwestHaunters.com

Touring haunts in June is a great way to see what other attractions are doing to entertain guests and we’re able to appreciate the talented actors performing in our industry.

Kelly Collins
    The Midwest Haunters Convention
    The Scare-A-Torium

Had an awesome time!

Thanks for putting together such a GREAT, FUN Haunt Bus Tour 2012!
    10 HAUNTS in 2 days are you kidding!!!! WOW!!!!
    We had crazy Bob on our bus and he was a GREAT host to say the least.
    It was tough to get away from work but it was worth it.
    Each haunt had something different to offer so it made for a unique experience.
    Thanks again to all the haunts for opening their doors to a very tough crowd.
    And Thanks again to all at MHC peeps that put this together!
    sigpic
    PEACE, ADAM
    www.poisonprops.com

Comment

MHC 2012 Motor Coach Monsters Bus Tour Shirts - Available to Order!

Hat's off to Kelly Collins for producing the MHC 2012 Bus Tours. It's more work than most people can imagine..

If you want a Bus Tour or MHC Show Shirt; we can get one to you in about a month: they're $20. Please send me an email to Neena@MidwestHaunters.
      We have them in Small to 5X; black, pink, purple or green.
      Neena Collins | MidOhio Productions

Midwest Haunters Convention
      June 3-5, 2011 Columbus, Ohio
      www.MidwestHauntersConvention.com

Comment

I think having a 'family friendly' bus is a terrific idea and would allow those who don't wish to hang out with loud partying crowds an opportunity to network and hang out in relative peace. I can't wait to hear about the 10th anniversary tour and please let us know when you have the details worked out...
        http://www.bigscaryshow.com
        http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

We’re also considering reserving one bus for families and people not wanting a party atmosphere. Let me know your thoughts!

Kelly that's an awsome idea as a person who is not into the all night how much can you drink and get drunk thing I think that's great! As you may know I host a huge party at TransWorld I had over 500 people attend this past year and I told the hotel I wanted a bar with drinks that don't have booze in them they are "like we can't do that". Short story I had a Diva Tantrum and it was all changed I had so many that said they were so glad to see that! I enjoyed it too!!!! Kudos to you for that!! it's a breath of fresh air.

I admit I get down sometimes because I see so many pictures of haunters with beer, and liquor holding them up in the pictures and I have to think if people think we are just in this Industry for a reason to drink and get drunk! It's sad but true look at the photos and although I don't know them personally and have nothing aginst them but the Zombie Army are perfect examples of the All You Can Drink and Get Drunk Poster Child! Again it's nothing personal but they have a strong agenda for that kind of stuff. Several years ago I had some guys who was on my crew who came to TransWorld with me and the whole time they were there they could not get out of bed and attend the show for drinking every night. Ask them if there allowed to come now? Hell No because they did not know how to act!!!! Anyway what an AWSOME IDEA AND IF YOU NEED A Sponsor for that bus just tell me where to send the check I would be proud to do that! I feel that strongly about it!

I want to also get this clear so theres no confusion. I have no problems with people drinking and socializing it's part of it! My problem is when they make it the center of their agenda to drink,drink, drink then get dog drunk at every event. I also lost my best friend to a drunk driver so it's a touchy spot with me as well anyway! Shane and it's this is just Great! Shane
          '
          sigpic

Comment

I agree whole-heartedly. I second that the drinking is out of hand and fully grown adults taking pictures of themselves partying and carrying on like a bunch of drunk childish teenagers is out of hand. Partying and having a good time is one thing, but from the pics I've been "priviledged" to see and especially from established haunt owners it seems people are sometimes there to get together and get drunk primarily than to conduct themselves like business people.

I think the idea of the family bus is a great idea!

Allan

Comment

We took some goofy pics at MHC this year...nothing bad, just making silly faces at the Masquerade Ball (we all sat at the table the whole night chatting and relaxing)...
              I don't drink at all, but the rest of my group of 7 do...but at 8-12.00 for a mixed drink and almost 5.00 a beer...they stuck to about 1 or 2 each...
              It does seem that most people think alcohol is the #1 reason to go...not for me...I wake up tired but no hangover for the show floor, etc...that is my favorite part!

Kirk
              Kirk Boemmel
              Dark Ghost Manor
              www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Comment

Good.....

Good to see others have noticed this! But it's just a clear fact! Shane and it's it is what it is! Shane
                sigpic

Comment

I've said it on here before the whole bar scene at Transworld got old a long time ago. I have nothing against drinking but I am surprised at how stupid some people get after the show when they get to the bar. As far as being trapped on some sort of party bus with people like that seems like a nightmare.
                  Jared Layman

Comment

Lets Post

Tell Kelly you want on that bus! I think it would be a fun packed bus full of laughs mostly at all the silly loud mouth drunks on the other buses LOL! Seriously it's an awsome thing! Shane and it's support this! Shane
                    sigpic

Comment

Thats mean of you Shane...

Leaving somebody home from Transworld because they go overboard with drinks. Well I did same thing this year. Best friend and my tech guy got left in Michigan in 2012 for same reason after his 2011 toilet hugging. Cheers!

Wicked Farmer

Comment

So the 7-12 year olds running around being jump started into puberty during the body art competition last Saturday night was someone's idea of 'family friendly'? Talk about family values.

I think it's all about balance. I taught a seminar at MHC last weekend that seemed to be well received and conducted myself in a business like manner throughout the days (as did the Zombie Army crew from my observations).

Any 'indiscretions' were confined to our bus in the evening. I am an attorney and deal with criminal clients and divorces every work day. I started the haunt to have fun and avoid the onset of adulthood (it's far too much work to do it for any other reason). Work hard / play hard is my motto.

I think the idea of a family friendly bus for the haunt tours is a great idea, so long as it doesn't say Fear Fair Dept. of Corrections on the side .

---
                        I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?w3wkjj
                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Brett Hays, Director
                        Fear Fair
                        www.fearfair.com

Comment

Working...
                        X