Amazed and Shocked anyone seen this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazed and Shocked anyone seen this?

This is video of the Station Night Club Fire!!! Has anyone seen this before? This was my first time! It's sad that Haunted Houses are put through Hell because of this sad tragedy!!! This is something none of us would do! I am AMAZED!!!! They set these pyrotechnics off and it's almost immeidate you can see the fire!!!! Again I have never seen this till today and I have just watched in amazement. Shane and it's all within 1 minute! Shane

sigpic

It's because of this tragedy that we now get an additional state inspection in addition to the others required.

Allan
    Last edited by MDKing; 06-15-2012, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Allen

Originally posted by MDKing View Post
      It's because of this tragedy that we now get an additional state inspection in addition to the others requited.

Allan
      Yeah I know that's what I was saying this should have never happened! Shane and it's still sad! Shane
      sigpic

Comment

Reminds me of Six Flags fire in 84, very tragic.

Comment

I sat in a meeting about this fire where the father of the youngest person who died spoke about what happened, I think he was 17 or 18. It was bad and all preventable, code violation that most people would have fixed out of common sense and not need anyone to tell were let go and over looked. It's like the Great Adventure fire , we didn't need stricter rules we just needed these place to follow what was already in place. And to have inspectors not let them slide.

Robert

Comment

Wow, just wow...
            I've never seen this video...I just remember seeing photos of the people trapped in the door.
            Sickening...and disturbing...
            Totally preventable...and sad.
            I was waiting for someone to tell the guy with the camera to get away or shut it off...
            The way he went right up to the door with people trapped...haunting...

Wow...

Kirk
            Kirk Boemmel
            Dark Ghost Manor
            www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Comment

goddamm flash pots !!!!!

still hard to watch............horrible memories................

Comment

Here's a better video of the fire.
                Spooky Wishes
                Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

Told my wife you guys would go ape sh--.

Went to my daughters 8th grade graduation in a auditorium that did not have close enough the number of seats needed. After the auditorium was filled...they brought in chairs and started filling the aisles. I sat there incredulous and told wife if I videoed that and posted it on Haunt World....

Wicked Farmer

Comment

Flash Pots .... not the most brilliant move on the bands part

I have done indoor pyrotechnics before, and the flash pots these guys were using are very volatile and dangerous when not used properly by trained pyrotechnics. Its a damn shame this happened, and of course we are now all paying the price for the ignorance of a few.
                    Travis "Big T" Russell
                    President
                    Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

Yes. Too many times

Actually I just used this video last week in a class I was teaching for firefighters. I have spent alot of time researchinge this fire. Unfortunately, it is a powerful video on the speed at which these types of materials burn. I have a 20 lb ABC extinguisher within 25 feet of my entire haunt. Paper gives off about 7100 btu's per 1lb of material burning. Foam gives off almost 18,000 btu's for 1lb of material. Food for thought. 100 people died in that fire and 33 of them were in that exit hallway. Sad.

Buck
                      Capt.Chaos
                      Fear Asylum Haunted House
                      Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

Ignorence, Idiots and no Imagination.

When imagination is pre-applied to thinking about "What could happen", things will always be safer and better.
                        Example: Ever been passed by a driver who is definatelty crossing the double yellow lines on a steep hill? "Let's all die today!"
                        Let's NOT!
                        Human civilization often seems to be "Two steps forward-One step back" un doing so much work and needed production with war's destruction.
                        I once read figures on how many homes and dollars were spent on just World War One, so much could have been done with that same money for so many people.....
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Have seen most of it.

Yeah I actually saw most of this video the night it happened. I forget the full details, but I think one of owners did video work and sometimes would do stock work for local news stations. I think they had the camera set up that night for something like that.

When they had the live coverage of the fire late that night the news affiliate I had on had the video brought in. They pretty much aired it live on TV, not knowing the impact. I don't really remember the last part in the parking lot, they might have cut from it after seeing the doorway with the people trying to get out. An image that you don't forget. I was flying to WI the next day and remember the causality count going up at every stop on the trip.

Yes, so much of that tragedy could have been prevented if existing laws had been enforced. Exit doors opened the wrong way, they were over capacity, the pyro was not licensed and the stage manager actually decided on a taller fountain because Great White was very popular at the location. The cheap egg carton foam they had on the walls for "sound proofing" was never intended to be used in buildings and had an incredibly high content of oils.

The band manager and one of the owners did receive jail time and hefty probation. They made plea deals just before trail.

Cheap shortcuts and ignoring regulations that were common sense safety matters created the tragedy, an impacted the haunt industry. I can also report it affected just about everything else in RI too. Laws were passed here wanting half million dollar sprinkler systems in small banquet halls, multiple fire alert systems with radio broadcast for any building with more then 3 or 4 units, and even having to hire "fire duty" firemen to attend things like grade school dances.

So yeah the situation really puts a burden on haunts, especially everyone who was doing things the right way from the beginning. The only good thing we can all take from that, because you are doing what is required, and not putting bottom line on the show over safety, your patrons get back home at night.
                          J. F. Storm

Highland Farm's
                          Trails To Terror
                          Wakefield, RI

http://www.trailstoterror.com/

http://www.hauntminute.com

http://www.bigscaryshow.com

Comment

I remember when it happened and seeing everyone piled up in the doorway. That is really shocking.

I just did a quick google about the fire. What I am surprised at is how little the band or the night club owners had to pay. It was all the other corporate entities who had to pay. Anheiser Busch payed millions because their beer was being promoted. Clearchannel radio payed millions for running radio ads. Home Depot paid $5m for insulation it sold to the nightclub. Next time a house burns down and someone dies then the rest of the family ought to sue weyerhouser or GP for producing flammable wood products, lowes or home depot for selling it. Ad Dupont in there for your carpet. Brawny for you paper towels. Scott tissue for your ass wipe. Forget about the meth addict who had his lab in the kitchen.
                            Last edited by Skeered; 06-18-2012, 01:16 AM.

Comment

Skeered, it's called..

"Deep Pockets" the lawyers go after who ever seems to have the most money no matter how thin the actual blame might be.
                              25? yrs, ago a family built a new house, then they began having health problems. The new furnace was removed, replaced- same problems kept happening, until somebody figured out the entire house's new carpet had been brewed up using a whole lot of the wrong chemicals to keep bugs and rot out, I guess?
                              The carpet manufacture was new at the business and local, nobody died though.
                              35 yrs ago when everyone wanted addition wood burning furnaces to save money the wood furnace companys were always sued when something went wrong, but 98% of the time it was operator ignorance or laziness not cleaning the chimney or burning rail road ties for fuel.Who was the "operator"? The home owner.
                              One idiot disassembled his antique nat, gas furnace to fix it, even though he had no knoledge or experience or parts, it exploded later destroying the entire house, injuring the girls upstairs attending their Girl Scout meeting, the gas company was successfully sued!???
                              DEEP POCKETS!
                              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                              X