Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plywood wall alternatives

Hey guys,
    Our new trail is mostly in an open pasture and we have some spots that need to be "barricaded" off so that the groups can't see each other while in the field. These walls will never be touched by customers so they do not have to be anything great....I just don't want to use black plastic because of the wind etc. being rough on it for a month. I thought about vinyl rolls? They really need to be 7' tall at least so that people can't see over them. Have any of you ever come up with anythign pretty cheap but effective for this? I've got a couple of 100' areas to spand. Thanks for your help!

-Matt

Pallets

Pallets and you can get them free from stores, Craigslist, factories. Just a thought

Comment

Originally posted by scattered screams View Post
      Pallets and you can get them free from stores, Craigslist, factories. Just a thought
      Take two pallets and bolt them together from the sides with two 8' 2x4's, and you have yourself a 4x8 modular wall panel, just like a regular one. Now, granted, you can see thru them, but then you aren't trying to obfuscate the view of patrons seeing the other side of walls, or around corners, and if you like you can add some black plastic, or camo netting, to add to the effect, without worrying about the wind ripping it apart. Even if the wind rips into it, it's just for effect, and to add a bit of flavor. Plus, that might actually look cool, and add to the effect as well.

C.

Comment

014.JPG023.JPG029.JPG002.JPGI have always done corn trails outside. Many dif. ways, We started by using re-bar pounded in the ground and zip tied corn stalks to them for several years then we started using t post and wire fencing and weaving corn in them, now we just plant the whole outside with corn and make our trails in it. Just plowed yesterday and we are planting corn this week so if you do that you better get started. I have lightening and sound effects coming from the trees above that lights up the whole corn field, very cool looking. I also have a half scale Stonehenge in the middle of it.
        Last edited by Dreamreaper; 06-24-2012, 08:25 AM.
        Ken L.

http://www.thedreamsofdarkness.com

Comment

Corn

We thought about corn, what type of corn is best to plant? How much corn covers how much land? I really just need a few barriers like 4 or 5 rows wide....

Comment

If you could wait awhile...

Around the beginning of October, or maybe sooner, all the politicians running for re-election will be flooding the roadside with posters. Some might be made from a very wind and rain-proof corrugated plastic, impossible to even hardly rip with your hands.
            So, you remove a few posters just a bit prematurely... Most of them will still be up in December from what I have seen, you would be just trying to "help" that problem.
            There may be some of these posters that might be very large too!
            One blew down to my house from somewhere and stuck itself to a fence and didn't want to leave AND didn't want to allow me to rip it up into small pieces.
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

1.Old carpet can be gotten for free from carpet installers
              2.old privacy fences can be dumped at your location by fence builders (saves them dumping fees)
              3.A roll of tyvek will go a long way.
              www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
              http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Fallen trees

I'm not sure what you have for land but we have 5 acres and there are a ton of fallen trees. I took a bunch that were about 2-3 thick and screwed stuck them into the ground to add trees to my cemetery last year and that got me to thinking that by assembling a rail out of old pallet planks, the trees could be screwed to them to form walls (kind of like the corn method above). It would be a very flexible way to build outdoor walls since you can arrange them anyway you like. The only drawback would be that you would need a lot of them. I have that planned for this year's Halloween party.
                ^v^ ^v^ ^v^
                ^v^ ^v^ ^v^
                www.facebook.com/DementiaHauntedHouse

Comment

Old crates, barrels, toe pincher coffins and constrcution fencing can be used to direct your customers. Even that fake barb wire tied on posts could keep them on the beaten path!
                  Damon
                  Frightmasters
                  Damon Carson

Comment

Working...
                  X